Home

Is there word on the PC specs to TOR?

Cayal

Hi guys

Sorry if this has been asked before.

TOR is looking to be my first MMO game I will ever play (and pay for) assuming I have the appropriate specs to run it. I was wondering if there has been any rumours/announcements on what will be needed to run the game?

Thanks

Not that I've heard, but they shouldn't be too high. It doesn't make sense when you want as many subscribers as possible.

I would assume only slightly more than WoW, if not identical.

2 GBs RAM, 2.3 GHz processor (Maybe more), 30GB HD, GFX DX10.1 compatible with 256MBs dedicated RAM, etc.

It was indicated around the original announcement that it would be designed to function on as broad a range of systems as possible. Whether that means low minimum requirements and very high maximum recommended requirements (to just-run on low-specs and perform brilliantly on high-specs) or something else hasn't been elaborated on as yet.

I would assume only slightly more than WoW, if not identical.

2 GBs RAM, 2.3 GHz processor (Maybe more), 30GB HD, GFX DX10.1 compatible with 256MBs dedicated RAM, etc.

Those specs are much higher than what I expect the minimums will be for TOR. WoW only requires 512MB RAM, I don't expect TOR to require any more than 1GB. Same with processor, I doubt it asks for >2.0GHz. And no game takes 30GB of hard disk space. Also, requiring a DX10 graphics card would eliminate a lot of XP users which they obviously won't do.

Those specs are much higher than what I expect the minimums will be for TOR. WoW only requires 512MB RAM, I don't expect TOR to require any more than 1GB. Same with processor, I doubt it asks for >2.0GHz. And no game takes 30GB of hard disk space. Also, requiring a DX10 graphics card would eliminate a lot of XP users which they obviously won't do.

Agreed, I suspect they with a "stylized reality" for graphics to help lower minimum requirements.

Please be aware though that "optimization" usually happens near the end of Beta, not the beginning, so it will likely be months before Bioware even starts to have a good idea on what the minimum system requirements for TOR will really be.

• 2 weeks later...
Is it sad that I would buy a new rig to play this game before I even truly know how its going to be ?

Odds are, if your current rig wouldn't meet the nessessary requirements for TOR, you should be using that thing anyway.

One of the reason they went with the whole stylized look as opposed to another game that looks like real life is so some of the mid to lower end PCs can run it flawlessly.

Archived