Home

kotor on windows 7 home premium 64 bit

kotorcrazyguy

hey all,

i am on a dell inspiron 1501 and getting a new desktop next week for christmas and i tried both kotors on my dell under windows 7 home premium 64 bit and it had terrible graphics. Basically, the display was flashing all over the place and i had to quit the game from task manager. I have this issue everytime i launch the game, I've tried updated drivers, omega drivers, old drivers, latest directx, reinstalling game, OS. IDK what to do, last thing i can think of is either use XP Pro or windows 7 ultimate.

ANY help is fine.

Thanks,

Kotorcrazyguy

Try the Dantooine lag fix:

• First, figure out where the .ini is installed. Default is "C:\Program Files\Lucasarts\swkotor(2)\swkotor(2).ini". If its not in that location, then your going to have to do some searching around on the hard drive a bit.
  • When you find it, just double-click on the file to open it in Notepad.
  • Scroll down the file until you find the Graphics Options
  • Under the last line ("last line" as in the last line of the list of entries under "Graphics Options", NOT the last line of "swkotor(2).ini), add "Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1", without the quotes.
  • Goto File, then Save.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure what i did wrong but here goes.. I have the Star Wars: Best of PC dvd set.. And I didn't know that it was "updated" to the latest version available.. I was having graphic issues with my HP Windows 7 laptop with 4 GB RAM and Intel Chip set 4 Series.. Dantoonie was "glitching" with random "lines" and stuff coming out of the sky.. No Mods. I updated it to Version 1.03 and Now it says "Wrong Disc Inserted" when i try to run Kotor 1.

Any help is greatly appreciated.. It also deleted ALL my game saves... not like i was that far anyway.. lol

Thanks

- Pie

Most likely, you're going to want to uninstall the game and then reinstall it according to the instructions in the first 2 posts of this thread. The definitive order of installation and fixes is in the section of the second post with the large type.

Archived