Home

[Debate] Starkiller alive?

Ser'eck

I know some have been throwing in their ideas in other threads about how Starkiller could have survived, but I thought we should have a thread to actually debate the matter.

So what do you think? Was he actually still alive some how? Did he use some sort of ancient Force Power(essence transfer), or perhaps a new found power? What if Vader lied about him being dead, used the force to conceal his life through the force, and salvaged him once again?

I think Vader could have been masking Starkiller's life from the emperor so that he could try his hand again at claiming the Mantle of Dark Lord. Vader's quotes from the new game trailer maybe some what of a hint.

I'd like to also share that on wookiepedia there has been a small discussion that Starkiller is in fact dead, and the place we see him in in the trailer is the Netherworld.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I don't think Starkiller is dead. I mean what would the point be in setting a Star Wars game outside of the Star Wars universe? It's probable that the Emperor himself may have tried to revive and reshape Galen himself. Palpatine is obviously disappointed with Vader and knows that he is considering betraying him in the near future. Until Luke Skywalker is revealed to him, Palpatine's best chance of a successor as his apprentice lies in Galen "Starkiller" Marek.

And a netherworld definitely doesn't look like an Arena.

Also, it would be a sucky game if you know you're dead with no way of return. Bit of anti-climactic.

I think its either Vader like you said yourself.

However, it wouldn't explain why he's fighting in an (not Imperial controlled) Arena. Every Jedi would be shot on sight under Palpatine's or Vader's command. And since it's obviously a continuation of the LS ending, Marek IS a Jedi.

I hope it's set at 12 aby or something. With 14-15 years passed since the last one. Marek would be early 30's and Luke would be searching every corner of the galaxy for Jedi students after the 'second' death of Palpatine. Maybe Marek can help Luke before Luke starts training Corran Horn and Kyle Katarn? Marek can die/disappear before that and re-emerge in the Vong War for a TFU3.

How else can they entwine this into the already crowded EU from 20bby-0bby?

And a netherworld definitely doesn't look like an Arena.

Also, it would be a sucky game if you know you're dead with no way of return. Bit of anti-climactic.

Good Point

I think its either Vader like you said yourself.

However, it wouldn't explain why he's fighting in an (not Imperial controlled) Arena. Every Jedi would be shot on sight under Palpatine's or Vader's command. And since it's obviously a continuation of the LS ending, Marek IS a Jedi.

It could be on a planet that the Empire would not bother going to. If you were Palpatine would you want a arena fighting Jedi dead, or would you leave him alone thinking that eventually his fate will come?

I hope it's set at 12 aby or something. With 14-15 years passed since the last one. Marek would be early 30's and Luke would be searching every corner of the galaxy for Jedi students after the 'second' death of Palpatine. Maybe Marek can help Luke before Luke starts training Corran Horn and Kyle Katarn? Marek can die/disappear before that and re-emerge in the Vong War for a TFU3.

How else can they entwine this into the already crowded EU from 20bby-0bby?

It was already stated at the announcement that TFU2 will still be between Episodes 3 and 4.

• 2 weeks later...

eeeer, i just thought- if we could have starkiller just quietly escape somewhere, from DS........

Would be AWESOME! :p like u know, the jedi Kota escaped to nar shadaa (And he was blind, lol)- and starkiller is Younger, AND we didnt notice any wounds on him- so why not?

I am going with that its a clone, its got different injury's, no burn marks from being fried by palpatine. My dream would be he's a clone in say 30 aby or 40 aby or 130 aby. A legacy game would be fun.

Judging by his armor-suit its not imperial (it would have looked more gray-evil-communist) its not vader (would have looked more crude), its not the rebels (would have looked like 20 years old and have rebel inertia's all over it). So the big question is were is he?

First off, the apprentice didn't survive the first game. He died. He died in the game, and he died in the novel. Palpatine killed him, causing him to die. After he died, he was dead as a direct result of being killed. The real question is how he is alive again.

I personally think that it should be a clone, because I think it's the most plausible in-universe explanation. I can't fathom a reason for Vader or Sidious bringing him back to life (even if they could), and they're the only people whom anyone would ever have any reason to believe could or would. However, I wouldn't put it past Sidious cloning him as some kind of experiment (since the clone wouldn't have any reason at first to disobey him) and having it go wrong somehow.

I am going with that its a clone
I seriously doubt the clone theory that some are throwing out. Guess we'll find out soon enough if I'm right or not.

Besides, his mind is too complicated to be someone new. You have to grow him and such. He also has a memory of Juno when she asked if she would ever see him again on the Death Star. Those should be red flags right there that this is not a clone.

no burn marks from being fried by palpatine.
Starkiller had no marks when we see his dead body, so what makes you think there should be now?

First off, the apprentice didn't survive the first game. He died. He died in the game, and he died in the novel. Palpatine killed him, causing him to die. After he died, he was dead as a direct result of being killed. The real question is how he is alive again.

I personally think that it should be a clone, because I think it's the most plausible in-universe explanation. I can't fathom a reason for Vader or Sidious bringing him back to life (even if they could), and they're the only people whom anyone would ever have any reason to believe could or would. However, I wouldn't put it past Sidious cloning him as some kind of experiment (since the clone wouldn't have any reason at first to disobey him) and having it go wrong somehow.

picture.php?albumid=339&pictureid=5539

I have been thinking about this ever since i saw the trailer how the heck are they going to do this? He died. I mean dont get me wrong TFU 2 heck yeah! But how??????????? I seriously am really looking forward to how they're going to play this out.
It's simple. They retract the fact that he died. It now becomes an assumption made by both Vader and Sidious or something. The query is how it will play out, but we'll find out before the year is finished.

Will they do "a spiderman" though?

The clone isn't really a clone but instead he is the real thing,the one that passed on the deathstar was the clone...

Probably not(i hope so at least),given the bashing spiderman took for it.

Star Wars has been cloned to death, and I've had quite enough of it already. And it didn't start with the prequels; the Expanded Universe has been doing the evil clone thing for years, from Dark Empire to the Thrawn trilogy.

The point being: Enough damn clones! It's been done to death!

It's simple. They retract the fact that he died. It now becomes an assumption made by both Vader and Sidious or something. The query is how it will play out, but we'll find out before the year is finished.

Yeah i definitely agree with you on that. That's the only thing that's driving me crazy is how they're going to play it out but i guess well have to wait and see.

I'm in total agreement there and I strongly believe they're not even going to touch that as it will turn off many of the game's fans.

It's like I said, the thoughts in Starkiller's head in the trailer are way too complicated for him to be a new person, cloned in the image of Starkiller. Then the fact that he remembers Juno and her query about seeing each other again should have been enough of a hint for others out there to stay away from it. That was one of the last things Juno says to him.

The thing people should be wondering IMO is how Yoda could possibly play a role in this. It's hard to believe that they just threw in Yoda's voice talking to Starkiller just for spite. Then think about how Yoda's teachings and Vader's statements are conflicting Starkiller's mind. Well, maybe not in this thread since this is about Starkiller being alive, but still...

I'm in total agreement there and I strongly believe they're not even going to touch that as it will turn off many of the game's fans.

It's like I said, the thoughts in Starkiller's head in the trailer are way too complicated for him to be a new person, cloned in the image of Starkiller. Then the fact that he remembers Juno and her query about seeing each other again should have been enough of a hint for others out there to stay away from it. That was one of the last things Juno says to him.

The thing people should be wondering IMO is how Yoda could possibly play a role in this. It's hard to believe that they just threw in Yoda's voice talking to Starkiller just for spite. Then think about how Yoda's teachings and Vader's statements are conflicting Starkiller's mind. Well, maybe not in this thread since this is about Starkiller being alive, but still...

Dude you are on it i am 100 percent with you on that. You should start a new thread and talk about this but then again i guess thats what i was trying to do with mine to when i put interpreting the trailer and storyline. EVERYBODY OVER TO MY THREAD NOW! lol. Shem im gonna talk to you more you know what you're talking about

It's still better than him coming back to life.

It's like I said, the thoughts in Starkiller's head in the trailer are way too complicated for him to be a new person, cloned in the image of Starkiller. Then the fact that he remembers Juno and her query about seeing each other again should have been enough of a hint for others out there to stay away from it.

Nonsense; the clone option is just as plausible. All they'd have to do is throw in some mention about "residual genetic memories" (which have been demonstrated before in Star Wars), and that'd be that.

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if they went with the resurrection option. After all, LucasArts specializes in bogus ideas; a few concepts that were proposed for TFU 1 included the player being sent by Vader to look for Darth Plagueis in order to help him bring Padme back to life, having the player be instructed by Qui-Gon Jinn's ghost, and the secret apprentice being none other than Plagueis himself. Compared to those things, the apprentice just coming back to life is grounded very firmly in terms of plausibility.

Archived