Home

[Debate] Starkiller alive?

Ser'eck

Bah; ultimately, it doesn't matter anyway. He "lives" because Lucas Arts was lazy and felt more like making a game with [2] shiny graphics and implausibly large super rancor monsters that'd draw in cheap money [1] than put in effort and make a game with a logical plot.

I am skeptical about what they are going to do about Starkiller's "supposed" death ("Palpatine and Vader were able to shield themselves with the Force and believed Marek was dead." wookieepedia) but:

[1] We have no clue how the game is going to be (plot wise), why don't we just

wait for it to come out and have a rational explanation

before flaming about there being no effort put into it.

...and...

[2] Shiny Graphics? I assume that you mean good graphics (life-like, good nice landscape, etc)...So do you want good graphics in a game?? Or is my understanding correct, that you would rather have crappy graphics?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We don't know much at this point.Was it stated that this game was to take place after the events in TFU? If not it's possible it could take place during the first one.

Maybe the trailer is showing an event that took place during Starkiller's life that ended up setting the stage for whatever occurs in the second game.

He may not even be the main character.Maybe what happens next introduces us to a new character and they were only showing the part with starkiller to gain our interest.

Your guess is as good as mine.

We don't know much at this point.Was it stated that this game was to take place after the events in TFU? If not it's possible it could take place during the first one.
This is when paying attention comes into play. Watch the trailer and listen to every piece of dialogue you hear. That can give you clues.

For example you overlooked Juno's voice. She asked, "Will I ever see you again?" Guess when that was spoken? On the Death Star; right before he went to go confront the Sith to save the Rebellion.

So if you analyze that, you know that means Starkiller is remembering as a past event which means this is after his "death", which means it's after the events of the first game.

Also, Starkiller looks older in the trailer. That should have been another hint to anybody, not just you. ;)

Yeah i probably should have paid more attention.I just saw the trailer once and didn't look into it too much until today.I was playing the first one and got to thinking "Oh yeah there's a second one coming out.....but he's dead >.> "

Well I'm sure there's an interesting explanation behind it......whether is ends up being complete bs or not.

Yeah i probably should have paid more attention.I just saw the trailer once and didn't look into it too much until today.I was playing the first one and got to thinking "Oh yeah there's a second one coming out.....but he's dead >.> "

Well I'm sure there's an interesting explanation behind it......whether is ends up being complete bs or not.

Yeah same here. I think the trailer is pretty interesting it gives a lot of clues like shem said. I dont think it end up being bs.

I for one am really interested in see how they explain how Starkiller is still alive. I mean Vader did bring him back to life before maybe he could do the same again. I mean when I was playing TFU and *Spoilers* Vader Betrayed Starkiller and threw him out the window I thought he was really dead. *Spoilers end* So they could do the same thing again which would explain why we hear Vader in TFU2 teaser. But it'll be very interesting to see what happens. But I will say that this has increased my hype for anything Star Wars. This and The Old Republic But thats another topic.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know why you guys are so stuck on cloning and resurrection. Starkiller either died on the Death Star, or Proxy did. I know Marek is not one for fear. Here are two possibilities:

1. The Netherworld is a huge place, much larger than people can think. Its the heaven of Star Wars people, come on. So, if Marek really did die, then that would be the netherworld. Because, I bet that developers want to give people a look on what the Netherworld is. Pretty much, it is what you want it to be, like the Nexus in Star Trek Generations. Watch it sometime.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Picard "died" and got in the Nexus. In that movie, it was referenced you could go anywhere at anytime. Picard went with Kirk out of the Nexus. So basically, Picard called himself out of the Nexus, nobody called him back. So, it seems that the Netherworld is the Nexus of Star Wars. So, I think that trailer had a few references to that movie. Visually.

2. After Proxy was destroyed, Galen trained himself with Yoda. Yoda speaking to him gives it away. Also, that cave on Dagobah has some power, so If this was the case, then that cave changed surroundings to an arena, like in the trailer.

So yeah, thats my 2 cents :carms: Again, I highly doubt this game will use cloning. The whole concept has been done to death.

Some Great Discussion & Debate here, yet he could've sensed through the force that the Emperor wanted him Dead by turning up at the death star an used Proxy or a Clone, but in order to find out about Kamino, he would've had to find out from Kota, which was never mentioned in the book or the game, the book series shows later on, that Palps stops using Kamino Clones an starts using another Facility, linking to the Separatists before that war was over an Order 66 came in.

The Force itself has been used to cover to make it look as if someone is dead, it happened when Luke Skywalker did it, an Ben Skywalkers connection to the Force was Restored in the Legacy Series, so that is still open for a plausability, knowing at what lengths Darth Vader wanted to Tear Down the Emperors Empire, an He Achieved that by being the Source of Creating the Rebellion, remember what Palps said to Darth in regards to that.

So still Apart from it being between Episodes 3 & 4, could this be showing The Ultimate Light Side Edition of The Force Unleashed, seeing it showed a Light Side Ending in the Book, plus also showed of it in the Game, as well as its alternate as Dark Side, That Darth could now be using Galen Marek, seeing what Darth saw Marek Achieve in front of His Eyes as a Light Sider, an being sent to other parts of the Galaxy to Help Bring Down Palps Empire, an according to the Dark Lord Rise of Vader book, showing it was Anakins/vaders Point of View after his fight with Kenobi, he seemed to have known something was up when Palps started speakin of the dark side an his practices, even though he did what he did with the Jedi Purge, it set the Future of the Jedi to Adapt to Changes it needed to do to Survive into the next Eras, just as the Sith again Adapted itself later on in the Legacy Series bringing itself to see how important it needed its own form of Jedi Council but a Sith Council, but every still wanting to be top head honcho.

force users can mask their force powers to stay hidden from other force wielders...and well im not sure if they can mask the force energy of others...if so...then maybe vader did that to starkiller...and maybe when starkiller 'died' he was just in a coma...so vader masked starkiller's power (if that's possible) and took him somewhere to heal just like in TFU1 when vader stabbed him and threw him into space then kept him on that medical ship. that's just my opinion...we wont know until the game comes out which i am 2 immpatient to wait for

I really hope he's not connected to Vader anymore. You can only have him be betrayed by him and then brought back later only to be revealed that it was a ruse so many times before it gets lame. I hope Galen is completely free of the Sith now, fighting against the Empire either on the side of the Rebels or as a loner.

• 5 months later...

I don't see why this long, boring, tedious cap is going on. I want to settle this once and for all. Go to Wookieepedia.com, the Star Wars Wiki. Search for TFU II. It specifically states that Vader took his dead body to Kamino, cloned him, and the clone gets "residual genetic memories" from his original self. He hijacks Vader's TIE fighter, and escapes to Cato Neimoidia, where Kota is executed in a gladitorial match like the Colusieum fight at the end of Episode II. That is why the "arena" in the trailer is shown, it is not The Netherworld!!!

There is no resurrection, there is no concealment of his death, nor is there playing as him in the Netherworld, or anything else! There is only the clone.

Thank you for reading the CORRECT story. Korr800 out.

Korr800 is also a baka o.o

"Wookieepedia" is like anything else on the internet half the time you try to look for info, false or barely having detail, in certain cases they give a good amount but UNTIL the info on that place is made by the people who made the game, i won't read it.

it goes like this...

Darth Vader i think again hides star killer from emperor and creates a clone who gets memories of Juno and kota and tries to find them again. but what the clone doesn't know is Darth Vader betrayed the real star killer so he has Darth Vader telling him what to do and kota telling him that Darth Vader will betray him as he doesn't know who to believe

as far as i know that is the story.

but it is certainly a clone

The only times where a power like this was used. in the Legacy comics where Cade Skywalker uses "Force Resuscitation" to revive his friends and loved ones. and that's over a hundred years after the events of this game(i believe)

Because Rahm Kota felt him become one with the force?

Bah; ultimately, it doesn't matter anyway. He "lives" because Lucas Arts was lazy and felt more like making a game with shiny graphics and implausibly large super rancor monsters that'd draw in cheap money than put in effort and make a game with a logical plot.

Maybe not. Vader was the first one to get to his body, and hes far more powerful then Kota. What if Vader felt a spark of life in him and repressed it? Kota would have felt him disapear in the force and Palpatine might not have noticed it because honestly how much power would Vader have had to use to repress his spark? Not much after that explosion. Vader could have said he was dead to force the emperor not to brouch the subject. Also Palpatine lefty the body with Vader, he could have taken it and brought him to Kamino. Finally implausibly large Super Rancors?? Dude NJO had a ****ing living Planet! How is it not possible that the empire didnt create the damn thing???:eek:

i like to think so too, and as for vader telling him hes a clone of a dead original one thing to say, vader is not the most trustworthy guy around as seen here

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Starkiller isn't a clone, from what I can gather. He is mentioned on the newer holorecords on the site. You are called subject 1138 on the holocom on the level Empirical on the 1st game, and this same name is mentioned as 'returning' to Kaimino while the klaxons wail and starships scream overhead. I believe that the Galen you play as has been manipulated into thinking he's a clone, while Vader keeps him alive to attempt to successfully clone him. 1157, the one in the tank, is the successful clone.

Or.... the Starkiller you played as for the majority of the first game, after Vader betrays you, was another clone. That'd be weird.

Archived