Home

[Debate] Starkiller alive?

Ser'eck

With regards to Shem's anti clone points.

If learning is based on knowledge and practice, and a clone has the memories of Starkiller, it's entirely plausible that he could raplidly develop his Force potential and moves to become just as strong as Galen was when he was cloned. As for memories beyond the cloning point, we have Force Connections etc.

The only thing I have trouble with is so far, rapid cloning requires Force-canceling Ysalamiri, which create Force "blind" clones, who can't feel the Force at all.

If alchemy, I don't see any Sith at the time of the films being capable of alchemy, save perhaps Palpatine, who wouldn't have any motive for doing so, that could involve Vader. It was Palpatine's attempts to use Galen to kill Vader that opened Vader's eyes to the traitorous nature of Palpatine. It was at this point that he began training his own apprentices to defeat his Master, so he wouldn't plan to clone Marek, a potential replacement, for Palpatine.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Sage - Vadar knew about Palpatines "traitorous nature" before this game in the books, its just he is once more shown.

Subject 1138 -- Galen Marek.

- He could've been cut off from the force when he used such a huge force repulse against palpatine or He was in a near-death state, Hell there are people in the real world who "Die" but then can be brought back. Don't forget there was also a Jedi trance that made the heart beat so faintly that they appeared dead (I don't presume he has this however seeing as how it was an ancient trance used by few).

-Do to his near death experience he also has a coma or vadar worked on suppressing his memory with the technology at Kamino. While at Kamino vadar does clone him as seen in the trailer. Galen finally heals and right now currently a blank slate, due to his coma and the new memories possibly imprinted, does not question he is a clone. When he does have the visions he begins to have doubt and that is when vadar tries to keep him under control by telling him he is a clone. The clone begins to believe his master for a moment until his memories begin to resurface more and more. The final stepping stone to realizing that Vadar is not telling him the whole truth is in the Trailer "Vadar has betrayed me for the last time" this is when he begins to believe he is the true galen but with no proof to go on he goes off to find himself <Follows with the Storyline as to Find out if he is a clone or not> so he goes for Kota in hopes to also perhaps find Juno at the same time.

It would seem it would be going ^ that way to me...but they might do something slightly diffrent...

Man... If you guys have seen the betrayal cinematic.... Vader tells him... "You have served your purpose well" which implies he did work for vader, "But i have no further use for you" strengthens my point even more... Isn't that more than enough... He is not a clone...

Or.... the Starkiller you played as for the majority of the first game, after Vader betrays you, was another clone. That'd be weird.

DAMN THIS WOULD BE GREAT!!!

So the ending levels are actually Galeen Marrek instead?

That would make sense for how Kota reacts to him "seeing" starkiller again though (esp the TFU2 trailer ones).

He could be the first successful clone, but failed in the fact that he still contains the memories Vader may not want. Vader's just as manipulating as his master, the trailer doesn't offer much other than the clones we know to be clones.

Juno mourned Starkiller as dead...but now he is back, purged of all memories and programmed to kill. And as fate brings Juno and Starkiller closer to reuniting, with Darth Vader determined not to lose his assassin a second time, they will both have to make a stand. The prize is freedom. The punishment for failing will be eternal enslavement to the dark side of the Force...

This is an entry from the Amazon product page for the book. Alot say the books are just as canon and i agree. this shows that starkiller is most likely alive just purged of memory similar to Revan

I know some have been throwing in their ideas in other threads about how Starkiller could have survived, but I thought we should have a thread to actually debate the matter.

So what do you think? Was he actually still alive some how? Did he use some sort of ancient Force Power(essence transfer), or perhaps a new found power? What if Vader lied about him being dead, used the force to conceal his life through the force, and salvaged him once again?

I think Vader could have been masking Starkiller's life from the emperor so that he could try his hand again at claiming the Mantle of Dark Lord. Vader's quotes from the new game trailer maybe some what of a hint.

I'd like to also share that on wookiepedia there has been a small discussion that Starkiller is in fact dead, and the place we see him in in the trailer is the Netherworld.

well of course its not tht starkiller is dead but when darth vader try to make a clone army of him one of the clones started getting his memorys back thus starkiller is reborn

• 3 months later...

You cant clone dead tissue/ cells. the cloning process in star wars shows it only touching the fine line of cloning, the perfect clone would not be phsycally linked to one another, nor share the memories unless the original was alive ,read the science behind star wars and you will see. To clone Master Sifo-Dyas's dna for the medicholrine gene for greivas "Star wars" visionaries" they had to keep him under a medical koma when he was half dead, so he wouldnt wake or die. Therefore able to retreive the dna and clone that specific part.

So to conclude, i must suggest that the original G Marek is and will certainally be in a near dead state but kept ( like a vegitable ) in one of those komas, thats why the mentally unstable clone ( the one you are playing as ) is phsycally attached to his memories. Vader wants to remove this and clone one who is not then he will destroy the original. p.s - this is to some content probably true but i am on the other hand just speculating. lol

Actually, that's not right: In Star Wars, the ability to preserve one's consciousness after death is a technique that one must learn and perfect, and very few knew of it at the time of the movies. I can find no evidence that Galen knew of this technique, so I would assume that he faded into oblivion as any other soul that doesn't possess this secret knowledge. In fact, the novelization of the first game supports this for it describes Galen's soul rising from his body and then dissolving into nothingness.

Good post, Smith_Stalker. I hope you don't turn out to be one of those people that signs up for Lucas Forums only to make a single post and then goes away forever. ;)

It's hard to say but I'd like to say that Starkiller is alive. Considering the Distant Thunder cutscenes I like to think that Vader showed the Dark Clone the "dead" body of Starkiller and then after that Vader awakens or resurrects Starkiller and he has amnesia like Revan did in KotOR. Either that or that there's the Dark Clone and a good clone(the one we control in TFU2) and the original is still alive but in stasis.

Who knows though, the Distant Thunder cutscenes may not even be canon, and may only be used to create some sort of an infinities backstory to the Dark Clone just for the Dark Side ending.

They're canon. It's the only thing the make sense. As I explained in another thread, everything up to the moment where you make that dark side/light side choice is canon, including everything going on behind the scenes. That means that, for the events of the non-canonical dark side ending to play out, everything before then in the canonical portion of the story has to take place. The Dark Apprentice doesn't just "poof" into existence at that point. Therefore, he exists in the canonical story, but doesn't show his face.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, it'd be kind've cheesy if the dark apprentice just popped out of thin air and stabbed Starkiller..

I believe this Galen Marek is a clone. Just because he had memories that the original Starkiller had doesn't mean he IS Starkiller. Remember, the clones of Jango Fett would often have memory flashbacks from HIM; and he died in Episode II.

Exactly, look at Kotor. The first one was a huge hit, so they rushed a sequel out. That, due to being rushed, was significanly less well received and suffered much worse sales. And they axed the series.

There's a cutscene with Boba Fett and Vader, then you see Fett grab Juno and drag her away on the... Salvation or whatever that ship's name is, and then once you get to the hanger you see his ship blast away just as you enter the room. All in all, less than 30 seconds of screen time.

Yeah, it seems a complete waste of the character. We should've had more interaction with him, possibly even battling him as a boss. It's weird because when I read the part of the novel where Starkiller reaches hanger where Fett is abducting Juno, I though for sure there would have been ample interaction with the character in the game at that point. But nope! We barely even catch a glimpse of his ship departing, which was far less dramatic than it was in the novel and graphic novel (wherein Fett blasts out into space with Juno in his grasp and merely slaps a breathing mask on her, which is just retarded. I suppose, in a way, the way it played out in the game was good in that respect).

If you want to gain better insight into Boba Fett's role in the story, I suggest reading the graphic novel because that's about it. Unfortunate, yes.

Oh, and speaking of underwhelming, what about that bit where Juno is seen lying in the middle of an empty room? There was no indication of what knocked her out and the placement is so conspicuous that it just screamed TRAP! in my face. I thought she'd been knocked out by Fett and placed there as bait. But nope, guess not. :(

That's on the Salvation, right before you encounter the Terror Troopers for the first time. You see Juno on the floor through some glass (which, unlike any other glass in the game, is inexplicably Force- and lightsaber-proof). Then you backtrack a bit, take the long way around, and smash through an identical looking glass just as Fett takes her away.

Archived