Home

NWmax for 3dsMax 2010 problem

I decided to tryout 3dsmax for the heck of it..and downloaded the free 30 day trial. I cannot though get nwmax to work. I downloaded it put it in the scripts folder of 3dsmax. I put the autonwmax file in the scripts/startup folder. When i start 3dsmax though I get an runtime error that 'nwmax/nwmax.ms' file could not be opened. Help.

Hmmm, its weird though... Tried to re download? Or just paste in again the NWmax folder into the Scripts folder.

Could be a glitch that happened.

If things don't work out, here's a download linky to my version:http://www.mediafire.com/?mwgq1vqz4iz

• 1 year later...

You need to make sure that each part of the script is put into the proper folders. the Nwmax folder needs to go in the scripts folder the stuff in the startup folder needs to go into the max startup folder and the stuff in the ui/macroscripts folder needs to go into the subsequent folder... If that doesn't make sense let me know and I'll try to explain it better. I was having the same problem and then I did this and it fixed it.

• 6 months later...

I'm revisiting this problem...would some kind soul tell me what files and where the stuff from the NWMAX download goes in relation to the 3dsmax files.....and to clarify in my 3dsmax2010 file there is no scripts folder per se. Help please.

EDIT 9.29.11

Never mind I got it working...."I was digging in the wrong place..."

Archived