Home

A message for Bioware: Please think of the TSL fans.

RevanFan90

Bioware please think of the TSL fans. Please preserve TSL's story. I will explain in my post why I think TSL's story should be preserved in the new MMO.

As you may know TSL's story is unique. It is grey and makes you question everything you thought was right and everything you thought was wrong. The plot was complex in some ways but, was written wonderfully. It had some of the most wonderful characters such as Kreia who especially gives me chills with lines like "It is such a quiet thing to fall but, far more terrible is to admit it." The story of the wound and Kriea's hatred of the force was also unique. Please Bioware do not let the stories of characters such as the exile and the lost jedi, Kriea, and what we learned about Revan from TSL fade from existence. I know you guys didn't make the story but, think of how hard those who did worked on it worked to create it and think of how we TSL fans enjoy the complexities in it. Please preserve TSL's storyline, it's plot, and it's characters. The MMO needs to be a continuation of TSL's story not the destruction of it. We want to know what happened to the Exile and the others who rebuilt the Jedi order. Those who agree with me and want to make a plea to Bioware please post. Thanks.

I still don't see why it seems broken to you guys, because think about it:

The game's far from done, and they're working on it right now, so who really knows what's going on but Bioware?

It's already incorporating a bit of TSL, how?

The Jedi, who do you think got them there?

Perhaps maybe:

Bao-Dur

Mical

Visas Marr

Mira

and Atton Rand, better known as the 'Lost Jedi'?

Also, before you say you didn't train them as jedi because you didn't feel like it needed them, it's still canon that The Exile trained each of them as Jedi (Or at least, all but one).

Someone remind me what's being "retconned" again?

When you talk to Kreia and she speaks of Revan, you say either:

The Sith teachings came from Korriban

or

The Sith teachings came from the Sith Empire

Kreia responds:

"Oh did they? Revan learned the Sith Teachings, but met no Sith Empire."

Obviously that is now retconned--but it does make her look like an even more deceitful old batwho "doesn't add up".

I still don't see why it seems broken to you guys, because think about it:

The game's far from done, and they're working on it right now, so who really knows what's going on but Bioware?

It's already incorporating a bit of TSL, how?

The Jedi, who do you think got them there?

Perhaps maybe:

Bao-Dur

Mical

Visas Marr

Mira

and Atton Rand, better known as the 'Lost Jedi'?

Also, before you say you didn't train them as jedi because you didn't feel like it needed them, it's still canon that The Exile trained each of them as Jedi (Or at least, all but one).

The ultimate visual guide (made in 2005) and a few other canon sources also claim Handmaiden Brianna was a force sensitive who traveled with the exile--as if it wasn't already confusing enough. But who knows by now.

I think everyone needs to calm down. The fact that they are working off of the "true Sith" mystery that has captivated for four years is proof enough that The Sith Lords is factoring into all of this (and don't start with the but-they-were-mentioned-in-the-first-game argument. That was clearly a throw-away term describing something entirely different which BioWare had no intentions of exploring). This major plot device from TSL has become the backbone of The Old Republic's story. Even if they ignore everything else from the game, they wouldn't be disregarding it completely, just not referencing it (much).

Don't worry! I have no doubt that TSL's story will still fit within continuity, even if hardly anything from the game is referenced. It's the same with the movies themselves: you can watch Attack of the Clones and go right into Revenge of the Sith without ever exposing yourself to any of the Clone Wars media, but all of that stuff still fits (well, until this new cartoon show started messing everything up, but Leeland Chee has said that it'll all be fixed eventually. I have a feeling that ensuring that TSL still fits is a top priority for him as well).

Kreia responds:

"Oh did they? Revan learned the Sith Teachings, but met no Sith Empire."

Obviously that is now retconned

Is it? I thought the new info indicated they met the Sith Emperor. In which case the statement remains true. But I admit I haven't been keeping up on every new detail.

^It's possible, but who agrees to take over the galaxy for a random dude?

Not just any random dude. This random dude would have been the true Dark Lord of the Sith and, in Revan's and Malak's minds, the one sole remainder of the Sith Order. This guy can and did bestow upon them the title of Sith Lords, and they likely returned to the galaxy with the idea of rebuilding the Sith Empire in mind.

Only little did they know that said random dude already had an empire in waiting, Revan's being but a puppet empire paving the way for the true Sith Empire's eventual return.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived