Home

Varsity's Peragus Tweak V 1.00

VarsityPuppet

VARSITY'S PERAGUS TWEAK V. 1.2

Click Me!

Screenies

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Coorta2.jpg

miner.jpg

SecuirtyRoom.jpg

A quick overview of what was done:

-All of the generic corpses have been replaced with actual Peragus miners. Miner appearances have been randomized to create an illusion of individuality. Also, the character specific corpses have been matched to their appearances.

-Restored the Heavy Mining Laser, Guidon Beacon, Vibrocutter.. etc

-Some military lockers have been loaded with said Peragus goodies.

- As of version 1.2, the morgue corpse guy is present, and the corpse in the fuel depot is no longer mutilated beyond all recognition.

There are still some areas where the area will lag and the miners will not 'die' instantly, but not much can be done about that now. Fixing that will likely involve tons of new placeables.

For now, just save your game and reload and it should be fixed.

Anyways, tell me what y'all think.

Sweet. How's the compatibility with the Pro-Perag-Harb patch?

Install Prologue, Peragus and Harbinger Patch first.... then this one.

and I kinda wondered the same...

This is one of many mods that had me asking: why haven't this been done before?

Maybe it has been done before.. who knows?

Ulic's Prologue, Peragus and Harbinger mod pretty much renders all other mods on the subject defunct, since it makes the levels actually playable. This mod actually starts to ad to Peragus, a topic not normally broached since Peragus is most players' least favourite level and hence warrants the least amount of attention from the modding community, since what most people want to do with the place (i.e. change it into a System Shock 2-esque horror-inspired survival-against-the-odds) is currently impossible, so it sits there alone, decaying and defunct.

However, I must say that I love what you'd done with the place. Will be watching this space closely.

I seem to have come across a problem - upon starting a new game with this mod freshly installed...I can't access the first corpse to get the Plasma Cutter, and initialize Kreia! D:

AHA! I knew I'd messed up something! Oh ho ho!

Describe the problem in detail to me.

I managed to fix the problem by extracting the original g_tresgencorp004.utp file and pointing the heartbeat script to your make_dead_miner.ncs file. Should be easy enough for you to fix or if you want I'll just send you the file.

I managed to fix the problem by extracting the original g_tresgencorp004.utp file and pointing the heartbeat script to your make_dead_miner.ncs file. Should be easy enough for you to fix or if you want I'll just send you the file.

yeah, send me the file, though I am still a little confused as to how this all happened... :S

Well, it would seem that the first corpse that you come across - the one that's lying in the morgue - was also affected by your scripts, so that one's also experiencing the NPC-spawn-kill script.

But, unlike a few of the other corpses, you're not able to access its drop inventory, so you can't start any of the other scripts xD

I got around this one by just installing the Prologue-Peragus-Harbinger patch, since it replaced the 101PER.rim and 101PER_s.rim.

Well, it would seem that the first corpse that you come across - the one that's lying in the morgue - was also affected by your scripts, so that one's also experiencing the NPC-spawn-kill script.

But, unlike a few of the other corpses, you're not able to access its drop inventory, so you can't start any of the other scripts xD

I got around this one by just installing the Prologue-Peragus-Harbinger patch, since it replaced the 101PER.rim and 101PER_s.rim.

Ah, yeah, but wouldn't that overwrite the dead spawning miners?

It did, but only for a few of the modules. The others, notably 102 (I think?) and 103 still had them, and the corpses that were supposed to have loot did, while still performing your new script.

I think that the morgue corpse would require a more specific script, since it serves as the initiating point for later ones.

It did, but only for a few of the modules. The others, notably 102 (I think?) and 103 still had them, and the corpses that were supposed to have loot did, while still performing your new script.

I think that the morgue corpse would require a more specific script, since it serves as the initiating point for later ones.

Actually, the whole thing was a mistake.

There should have never been a g_tresgencorps004 in that part of the mod.

Yeah, I know it sounds weird, but when I was testing it, I always just bypassed it and checked the other bodies. lol, I guessed I missed one.

Anyways, I'll fix that issue and move on. Have there been any issues with 105PER?

-nods- K, thanks. I think I finally have all my mods in balance, and I really don't want to uninstall everything again.

run to the backup folder and put g_tresgencorps004.utc back into 101PER_s.rim. It should solve it.

Ah.. and how do I do that? My rims folder looks empty, and I don't have a g_tresgencorp004.utc in my back up

EDIT: NM, figured it out. Sometimes I'm an idiot. :p

• 2 weeks later...

Seems to be a late reply on my part, but here goes regardless:

After dealing with the little problem on 101PER, I encountered no further problems with your mod. :D

Once you get around that little thing, this does a lot for the immersion in the area - actual dead miners, instead of random bodies!

Archived