Home

Stalingrad 1942-1943

Nickelstein

This is my idea for a video game.

Stalingrad 1942-1943

Xbox 360,PS3,PC

Rated M for Mature

Story:

You are placed in the boots of Pvt. Tolik Goradovi, a Russian peasant from Gorky. He has been "selected" by the local commissars in his neighborhood to fight in the "glorious" battle to defend the city of their leader Josef Stalin. Barely being able to hold a rifle let alone kill someone he is pushed into the ranks of the Russian Army. Our story begins when Tolik wakes up after a failed attempt to attack a German held factory. His whole squad is slaughtered but he still retains hope that he will survive despite being lost in unknown territory.....

Gameplay:

Realism and authenthicity will play a major role in the gameplay. You die in one or two shots (three if your lucky). Once you get shot you begin to bleed out and must find a medic or medical supplies off of dead soldiers if you hope to survive. Depending on what difficulty your playing on or the severity of your injury the time in which you bleed out can vary. You can also (on lower difficulties) get grazed by bullets. In my game there will be no hand holding. Straight from the beginning you are on your own. You'll have to scavenge ammo and weapons. Speaking off weapons, they all have realistic and authentic features. They can degrade over time, jam, and are all modeled after their real life counterparts. Don't expect this to be a run and gun game like Call Of Duty or Medal Of Honor. Reloading takes time depending on what weapon your using and you have limited sprinting time(depending on what gear your carrying). Also there is no jumping only vaulting. Expect historically accurate weapons too. Weapons include the Mosin Nagant, SVT 40, Ppsh-41 and 42, rifle grenades, smoke grenades,precussion grenades, Kar98, MP40,MP38 (in limited use though), Gewehr 41 and 43, Dp-28, MG-34 (in limited use) and MG-42. Sidearms will also come into play but they'll have limited ammo (2 clips max). You can only carry one weapon at a time (besides a sidearm). When it comes to enemy weapons such as the MG-42 you can carry 2 ammo belts or drums and you must set it up in order for it to be in use. Depending on what difficulty enemy ammo will come in limited supply. There is also an open-world element also but I still haven't decided if I should make it like GTA (when you can do missions at anytime) or Operation Flashpoint (when you are pushed from mission to mission but you still have a great variety of choice when it comes to tactics). Another feature is the map which is activated in real time and must be updated manually from time to time. Enemy and squad A.I. will be smart. They'll be completely independent of your actions and they'll flank and retreat at random moments. Don't expect two battles to be the same. The types of combat can vary from house to house fighting to long range firefights. In my game you "feel the fear" when you come under fire when your moving from cover to cover. The objectives can vary from time to time. One minute your clearing out a whole block at night with your squad the next you could be on a search and destroy mission, hiding amongst the rubble waiting for German tanks to pass by. Expect to see atrocities committed by both sides and the true horror of war (unlike in CoD:WAW).

Graphics and Length

Expect all 80 kilometers of Stalingrad to be present and recreated in accurate detail (its my dream game so I can stretch it a little). The Euphoria Physics engine will come into play and the reactions to the enviroment will be different all the time. There are 60 missions in singleplayer. Thirty for 1942 and thirty for 1943. The specific graphics engine is still undecided at this time.

Multiplayer

Expect realistic and tactical multiplayer. There will be 10v10 multiplayer for consoles and 32v32 for PC. There will be Clan Support and Dedicated Servers (unlike MW2:thmbup1:). There will also be Mod Support for the PC version (obviously). There will be a mission editor for consoles and PC but they'll differ from each other. The modes include Team Deathmatch, Capture Territory (basically CTF but on a bigger scale),Co-op, Invasion, and Last Defense. There will 14 maps and possible DLC for singleplayer and multiplayer. You can only choose specific classes such as the typical Rifleman, Machinegunner, Sniper, Support Gunner, and Submachine Gunner. The details haven't been completely worked out yet though :).

So what do you guys or girls think?

P.S. I'll add more things later

Archived