Home

Karen Traviss' Imperial Commando 2 Cancelled.

Astor

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't we talk about RC once without using Lucas as the scapegoat? It's not his fault. He doesn't control everything Star Wars related. I'm glad Karen Traviss quit. She wasn't a good writer.

so even like, the game Revenge of the Sith was Expanded U? (loved the assassins and blaze troopers)

Anything in the game that was not seen in the movies could be considered EU.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've just read on Wookieepedia that Imperial Commando 2 has now been canceled for real!!! Another novel will be taking it's place, and of course it's another boring Galactic Civil War novel. Why can't LA just finish with that era? They've pretty much milked everything from the Galactic Civil War Era's story.

• 1 month later...
Yeah but someone other than Karen Traviss is writing it. Why did she quit if they can still write IC2? Of all the Star Wars stories Lucas could ruin, why RC?

who knows, i just finished IC and and am pretty ticked off that they can't finish a series of 5 books that people have already read. I mean really they have made money of the first 5 books and then they screw us over BS.

In my opinion if someone else other than Traviss writes about RC's it's Just as relevant as a pointless bit of fanfic

She doesn't own the RCs, and nor should she solely have the right to write about them. Part of writing for Star Wars is being part of a massive collaborative effort, where no-one has claim over a particular area or character (even if that does lead to the odd... mistake). And while I'd love to class the books in which Traviss kills off my two favourite characters as a 'pointless bit of fanfic', I won't, for precisely that reason.

You are of course free to class it as 'fanfic', but learning to take the good with the bad (of which there is a lot) is all part of being a fan of the EU. :)

She doesn't own the RCs, and nor should she solely have the right to write about them. Part of writing for Star Wars is being part of a massive collaborative effort, where no-one has claim over a particular area or character (even if that does lead to the odd... mistake). And while I'd love to class the books in which Traviss kills off my two favourite characters as a 'pointless bit of fanfic', I won't, for precisely that reason.

You are of course free to class it as 'fanfic', but learning to take the good with the bad (of which there is a lot) is all part of being a fan of the EU. :)

2 favorite characters killed? I thought only one was killed

• 4 weeks later...

i kinda hate when authors who didnt make a character kill them off, like when wheeler killed off Ferus Olin in his Rebel Force series, as for IC2 isn't Sue Rostoni writing it? As for Sev, it would be pretty cool if he met up with Kento Marek or something... though he'd probably get killed by him, or not he was pretty uber

Archived