Home

Watch this 70-minute Video Review of The Phantom Menace

Jeff

The Empire Strikes Back

Raiders of The Lost Ark

Lucasarts (just think about the hours of great gameplay XWing/XWA/Tie Fighter/DF/JK/JA/KOTOR)

Increased rights for Directors/Decreased power of Studios for final cut

No opening Credits requirement (as per Screen Actors Guild)

ILM - who essentially spawned every other major modern FX company

PIXAR

Influencing young directors and film technicians for 3 decades -- from Ridley Scott to Joss Whedon

Support of Akira Kurosawa to complete Ran and Kagemusha

Uncredited Director of a famous scene in the Godfather :p

True, he did all these great things when he was younger and before he started working on the PT films. I think that is what "hurts" most people. He seemed to have dropped everything he learned or was good in.

I just know in all his previous endavours he was restricted by other people; guided as well. Not when he made the PT, he was in full controle... you would expect he would do even better.

Anyway, he did great things Mr. Lucas, that's true.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh god, it's been like three days since I watched this and finally decided to post, and I still crack up laughing whenever I hear the words "Whuzz ***in' with MY medishin? Who wants a pizza roll? E-mail me if you want a pizza roll!" or any mention of Qui-Gon Gin in my head, earning me several strange looks in public.

One thing the guy missed though in plot holes was when he was picking on the line "They must be dead by now. Destroy what's left of them.", he never pointed out the fact that it'd be pointless to do that, unless getting rid of evidence, but even if, most ships have trash compactors anyway.

One thing the guy missed though in plot holes was when he was picking on the line "They must be dead by now. Destroy what's left of them.", he never pointed out the fact that it'd be pointless to do that, unless getting rid of evidence, but even if, most ships have trash compactors anyway.
Why is that statement so wierd? Get rid of the bodies, using a trash compactor or anything else to destroy the remains. How is that a plot hole?

Okay, was it me, or does that guy's voice annoy the hell out of everybody? I had to turn it off after 3 minutes because I can't take a guy seriously who talks like that. Someone with a NORMAL voice should have narrated instead.

Besides anybody who says if they don't agree with his opinion is a [bleeping] moron has some serious mental issues and can't be taken seriously. I did get far enough to hear that, but that's about it.

Actually, he said, "(If) you're someone who's under the age of, like, 20, who says his least favorite film in the series is The Empire Strikes Back because it was 'the most boringest one,' then I suggest you shut this review off right now before I carefully explain how much of a ****ing idiot you are."

And, as hinted above, the whole voice thing is part of the satire. If a drugged-up, half-witted serial killer can readily point out all that's wrong with the film, why couldn't GL and his apologists? These flaws are so glaringly obvious that I'm stunned by the fact that even ten years later some otherwise perfectly intelligent people still deny how utterly bad the film is.

Okay, was it me, or does that guy's voice annoy the hell out of everybody? I had to turn it off after 3 minutes because I can't take a guy seriously who talks like that. Someone with a NORMAL voice should have narrated instead.

Yeah, it's kinda hard to concentrate on the SW topics he brings up, when he's talking like that all of the friggin' time. And even though I'm not a 100% sure, I'd swear he's done voice acting for some cartoons like Futurama or the Simpsons. And if he never has, well..he should be.

And that's probably the real sound of his voice BTW. :lol:

Besides anybody who says if they don't agree with his opinion is a [bleeping] moron has some serious mental issues and can't be taken seriously. I did get far enough to hear that, but that's about it.

I thought that just added to the humor.

Actually, he said, "(If) you're someone who's under the age of, like, 20, who says his least favorite film in the series is The Empire Strikes Back because it was 'the most boringest one,' then I suggest you shut this review off right now before I carefully explain how much of a ****ing idiot you are."

And, as hinted above, the whole voice thing is part of the satire. If a drugged-up, half-witted serial killer can readily point out all that's wrong with the film, why couldn't GL and his apologists? These flaws are so glaringly obvious that I'm stunned by the fact that even ten years later some otherwise perfectly intelligent people still deny how utterly bad the film is.

QFE

• 3 months later...

Hahaha, forsome reason I enjoy these rather disturbing reviews :lol:

Great stuff; honestly this man has pointed out stuff I hadn't really paid attention to.

I never really, liked the PT that much, but couldn't put my finger on it why that was.

Though bashing the PT is getting a bit retarded, wished he had done these sooner.

Can't wait to see, what he'll review after the SW movies :p

Guy reminds me of Rusty Nails (Joy Ride Movies)

Any way I didn't bother finishing the first video. The guy was more boring than the movie ever was!

I find it more ridiculous that people are still carrying on about TPM. It's been over 10 years now and complaining about it for another 10 years will not change anything. George Lucas had a story to tell and he told it!

I guess some fans keep forgetting that SW was Mr. Lucas' dream and not theirs!

Sorry just throwing in my 2 cents!

I find it more ridiculous that people are still carrying on about TPM. It's been over 10 years now and complaining about it for another 10 years will not change anything. George Lucas had a story to tell and he told it!

I guess some fans keep forgetting that SW was Mr. Lucas' dream and not theirs!

No, it was not his dream. The first 3 movies were his "dream". These 3 were a cheap cash in to sate George's ego.

Perhaps if you watched the videos you'd gain an appreciation for why... oh wait you didn't.

Though bashing the PT is getting a bit retarded, wished he had done these sooner.

Yeah, liking the original trilogy is getting a bit retarded, wished he had done them sooner.

Yeah, liking the original trilogy is getting a bit retarded, wished he had done them sooner.

Liking the OT doesn't imply hating the prequels.

Anyway, TPM is still my favorite of the prequels, although I prefer the originals.

No, it was not his dream. The first 3 movies were his "dream". These 3 were a cheap cash in to sate George's ego.

Perhaps if you watched the videos you'd gain an appreciation for why... oh wait you didn't.

That's your opinion. Lucas stated that his story he wanted to tell was of Anakin Skywalker, which is all 6 movies.

Appreciation for what? Appreciation for some one's rants about the movie because he can't get over how much he hated it? I've got better things to do than waste my time listening to an unhappy person.

Liking the OT doesn't imply hating the prequels.

Not my point. If we can like the OT for 30+ years, then I don't see why someone can't hate the prequels for just as long.

That's your opinion. Lucas stated that his story he wanted to tell was of Anakin Skywalker, which is all 6 movies.

The story was not about Anakin Skywalker until the prequels. If I recall correctly, the first 3 were about Luke, Han, and Leia. George's original "dream" does not resemble Star Wars in the slightest. It was changed due to time constraints, money, and artistic intervention by people who knew what they were doing. This is not the case with the prequels.

I fail to see why the movies are off limits because it was his "dream". Theoretically, every movie is someone's dream. That doesn't prevent them from being shlock, and lessons on how to not make a movie.

I'd also like to point out that Lucas has also stated that he knows very little about his own movieverse, EU, and so on. Continually in interviews, the people interviewing him know more about his movies than he does and he usually comes off as incredibly "Stupid" in them regarding his own work. This doesn't mean he has to be a mega geek, but if Star Wars is his holy grail dream we should all bow to then how is it that he seems to care fairly little about his own dream?

He is the director equivalent of someone with who is tone deaf, and also cares little about singing.

I've got better things to do than waste my time listening to an unhappy person.

Like post why he is wrong? :p

Appreciation for why those 3 movies are storytelling vomit, and why they continue to grow more rancid as times goes by. If I had it my way I'd force every up and coming director and/or writer to watch these reviews and beyond so things like this don't keep happening.

Seriously, the prequels could have been saved by some pre-production reviews of the script, minor corrections, and if George... I dunno... listened to his EDITOR who is quite clearly seen chewing him out in the behind the scenes footage. And you know what? George admits his editor is right. He admits that he seriously, seriously screwed up with TPM in the behind the scenes.

So, don't take my word or opinion for it. George and his crew freely admit they screwed up.

Not my point. If we can like the OT for 30+ years, then I don't see why someone can't hate the prequels for just as long.

The story was not about Anakin Skywalker until the prequels. If I recall correctly, the first 3 were about Luke, Han, and Leia. George's original "dream" does not resemble Star Wars in the slightest. It was changed due to time constraints, money, and artistic intervention by people who knew what they were doing. This is not the case with the prequels.

I fail to see why the movies are off limits because it was his "dream". Theoretically, every movie is someone's dream. That doesn't prevent them from being shlock, and lessons on how to not make a movie.

I'd also like to point out that Lucas has also stated that he knows very little about his own movieverse, EU, and so on. Continually in interviews, the people interviewing him know more about his movies than he does and he usually comes off as incredibly "Stupid" in them regarding his own work. This doesn't mean he has to be a mega geek, but if Star Wars is his holy grail dream we should all bow to then how is it that he seems to care fairly little about his own dream?

He is the director equivalent of someone with who is tone deaf, and also cares little about singing.

Like post why he is wrong? :p

Appreciation for why those 3 movies are storytelling vomit, and why they continue to grow more rancid as times goes by. If I had it my way I'd force every up and coming director and/or writer to watch these reviews and beyond so things like this don't keep happening.

Seriously, the prequels could have been saved by some pre-production reviews of the script, minor corrections, and if George... I dunno... listened to his EDITOR who is quite clearly seen chewing him out in the behind the scenes footage. And you know what? George admits his editor is right. He admits that he seriously, seriously screwed up with TPM in the behind the scenes.

So, don't take my word or opinion for it. George and his crew freely admit they screwed up.

Can we just say he raped your childhood and move on? :p:)

Archived