Home

Seriously kids...get over the N64!

Darth Groovy

I remember when we got our N64 I kind of ruined it because I could see the logo through the wrapping paper. Didn't matter after the awesomeness of Mario 64 and Pilotwings though.

Random fact: Mario 64 is the only video game my mom has ever played for several hours straight.

I remember freaking out like that when I got a Sega Megadrive for Christmas. It came with Sonic The Hedgehog, and I played it for hours on end until I'd finished it. It was like all my Christmas's had come at once. Best feeling in the world.

Wow, I just realized that I've never been given a console... Even when the N64 was only $99, my parents never let us.

We (by We I mean the collective of my brother, my sister, and myself) had to work together to buy an Xbox in 2003.

We all worked together and bought a 360 in June 2006.

I bought a PS2 Slim for myself in August 2006 (first thing I bought with my paycheck since getting my first job).

I bought a second hand Gamecube on Craigslist later that year.

I bought my own DS Lite in February 2007.

I bought my own PSP in June 2007.

I bought my own Wii in May 2008.

I bought my own PS3 Slim in October 2009.

Even my current desktop and netbook are my own purchases.

And I've always paid for my own PC upgrades (CPUs, PSUs, RAM, graphics cards, etc), including new monitors, and my own TV and sound system.

...my parents suck. :p

Oh man, I remember that video. lawlz XD

I'm surprised when it gets brought up because it isn't quite old enough to be retro age, and yet it's not quite new enough to be cutting edge.

Customer

"You don't support the N64 anymore? Why the hell not?!"

Employee

"Because that was so 10 years ago. Get with the times."

Some good memories. I'll never forget WCW world tour and WCW vs NWO, and how then WWF blew them both away with custom charaters. Perfect Dark I still enjoy today. Mario64 was simply awesome. SW:Shadows of the Empire still wins today, with my favorite of it level being Ord Mantell jukyard. Bomberman64 wasn't bad but I didn't like the cutesy direction it went into as it does disservice to its older installments. Super Smash bros. was the first N64 game I ever got too frustrated to play.

Always wanted to play mischief makers and DK64. Turok was kind of nice.

Except my first NES, first 2 gameboys and the N64, I bought pretty much everything else I have.

Get over the N64? NEV-ER!

My favourite christmas is still the one where I got Ocarina of Time, and spent hours and hours playing through it. Still play through that or Majoras Mask every time I'm home.

Top gift today was a 500gb external hard drive. :3

Also, Pie™ proved he truly is the Best Friend, with this:

dscn1048u.jpg

Merry Hoffmas, all!

A Lego Darth Vader keychain

A clonetrooper figure

Star Wars: Millennium Falcon novel

Star Trek 2009

I am Legend

Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince DVD

Halo 3 ODST

Black God manga

An afghan blanket

Tires for my car and an automatic car starter

Target gift card

Assorted clothing

Assorted knickknacks

CANDY

My parents went halvsies with me on a PS3. I went down to Toys R Us about a week ago and picked it up, then brought it home and they wrapped it and stuck it under the tree. :p

When I unwrapped it I did the obligatory "NINTENDO SIXTY-FOUURRRR"

My parents also got me Uncharted and Uncharted 2, guitar accessories for the guitar I got for my birthday (picks, capo, tuner, strap, wall mount, and an encyclopedia of chords), skittles, M&Ms, and Andes mints. :D

After I set up my PS3, I bought myself Flower from the PSN.

My haul fer the year:

Forza Motorsport 3

Left 4 Dead 2 (PC)

Some nice gloves

A really cool jacket and hoodie... that don't really fit me (my arms are loooong), gonna need to find the right size.

Candy

Socks and Underwear (yay)

Money (yay)

Damn good home-made snicker-doodles.

And as a family we got a pair of these...

deedc060ada0de1ff3d42210L.jpg

+Ammo

: D

Also, we have a new N64 kid.

EXXX-BAAAWWWXXXX THREEESIXTEEEEEYYYY Kid. *Groan*

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

I got a Cincinnati Bengals hoody and lanyard. Also 3 pairs of pajama pants (one of which is covered with Budweiser logos), 2 pairs of gloves (needed), a new robe, a crap-ton of gift cards, the latest book in the series I've been reading for the past 5 years, and a leak in my radiator. :¬:

Also bought myself a gift: a sexy Mrs. Clause outfit for the fiance'.:thumbsup:

And that video = creepy.

Now I just wanna go out and buy a PSP with FF:Dissidia. My buddy had it and I played it more than he did.

Let's see...

DVDs:

The Fall (Wow. That was an artistic film)

Rambo: First Blood (According to my brother: "David, you're a man now. And every man needs a copy of Rambo in his collection")

LOST Season 5

Altec Lansing In-Ear Headphones

Some Stephen King Books

Study Bible (ESV)

Candy

Razer Lycosa Keyboard

A Jar of Honey (???) From my sister. I suppose it was kind of a joke since I drink so much tea and typically use honey as a sweetener.

A Wii (This wasn't actually my gift. My parents bought it for themselves, which totally blew me away. They don't play video games, but they fell in love with Wii Sports when they were visiting my Aunt's lake house)

And, finally. The most kickass shoes I've ever had:

Vibram%20FiveFingers%20Sprint%20Taupe.jpg

Unfortunately, because of the weather I can't wear them outside much (it's far too cold and there's over a foot of snow everywhere), but I intentionally bought the light-weight models instead of the ones designed for cold weather since I'll be moving to L.A. later this year.

Hopefully I'll be able to write up a review and post it here for anyone who's interested to see.

And, finally. The most kickass shoes I've ever had:

Unfortunately, because of the weather I can't wear them outside much (it's far too cold and there's over a foot of snow everywhere), but I intentionally bought the light-weight models instead of the ones designed for cold weather since I'll be moving to L.A. later this year.

Hopefully I'll be able to write up a review and post it here for anyone who's interested to see.

Strapless and cost effective.

duct-tape.jpg

Those are some crazy cool looking shoes, though.

I keep thinking about getting a pair of these, but I'm still unable to locate a pair at a physical store to see what they're like. What is your impression? Do they run comfortably (or feel like they would since you haven't been able to wear them outside much)?

Archived