Home

The ages of the main characters

I figure she's more like early 50s at best (figure Obi-wan was in his early fifties by SW and he looked somewhat the worse for wear).

It isn’t just force sensitives that age poorly in the Star Wars galaxy. Just look at Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru. People just age differently in that galaxy far far away.

Well, it's unlikely she'd be in her late 30s as she was a master when Revan was still a student and that was before the Mando Wars started (~15 or so years prior to TSL's events). I figure she's more like early 50s at best (figure Obi-wan was in his early fifties by SW and he looked somewhat the worse for wear).

Yep..apparently so Tot, was checking some sources on the internet and they all pretty much agreed on age of around 50 or "early 50s," like you said, including Wookieepedia. In her biographical information under her pic, they give her the birth date of (4,001 BBY) and of course her death on Malachor V as (3,951 BBY, Malachor V).

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kreia

Once again, thanks for pointing that out Tot.

It isn’t just force sensitives that age poorly in the Star Wars galaxy. Just look at Uncle Own and Aunt Beru. People just age differently in that galaxy far far away.

Good point Mimartin, especially for those two. I'm sure the twin suns and the dry desert was murder on their skin. Sunscreen was probably a joke on that planet.

Méh, to the whole "zombie" look for DS characters in Kotor. Since they're powerfull in the force they make themselves look like whatever they want. I'dd say DS users are often "ugly" because of their aggressive lifestyle.

Choking, lighting throwing, duelling with other DS or LS users; they get scars and so on.

They're just more abusive on their bodies, wearing it down. Still shouldn't make you look like a bloodless, white/grey ghoul :lol:

^^^When you consider padawans have to be ~25 to be knighted, and Revan is probably now roughly in his early 30s, that makes for a bare minimum of 55, but there are definitely other factors to consider like a timeframe of ~5 years as a darksider (among other things which in turn means additional years), so more like at least 60.

The constant canon tumble is establishing ~50 (or so it appears) so I would not be surprised if TSL is crammed into still further obscurity and contradiction and making Revan even more mary sue instead of the badass marty stu he ought to be. :dozey:

Look everyone Revan, was a 15 year old who lead the charge into the mandalorian wars! Kreia was 15 when taking on her first, Revan, which explains why she trained only screwups in the eyes of the council forever thereafter. :rolleyes:

SW canon committee, if you're reading this, I beg of you please in the name of all that is good and great, let this era alone with what little dignity it has left. PLEASE.

Hi, Sir Chris Avellone

"From the Casting Doc we sent to LucasArts...

• PC - varies, depending on what you want your character to look like.
  • Atton Rand is 29-32.
  • Handmaiden, Disciple, and Visas Marr are all 25.
  • Kreia looks 50, but like Yoda, who knows.
  • T3 was built in K1, so he's only had 5 years of hard living.
  • Mandalore is 63 in Mandalorian years.
  • Mira is 23.

The others are not specifically referenced, but you can probably backtrack from their histories in the game to figure it out. "

I think that for Brianna (Handmaiden), she is not 25. It is not possible according to some calculations that have been developed, in French, concerning the calculation of the trial date of Arren Kae (which allows deducing the Brianna's birth date).

http://assiste.free.fr/kotor_2/personnage_arren_kae.html#date_du_proces_de_arren_kae

In essence, when exiled, Arren Kae joined her disciple, Revan, in the Trayus Academy. Revan discovered this Academy in 3963 BBY therefore the trial of Arren Kae takes place, at the earliest, in 3963 BBY.

Can it take place later? In 3962 BBY or 3961 BBY BBY?

No, because the trial is triggered by the discovery that Arren Kae has a girl of 10 at the time of trial.

If the trial takes place in 3963 BBY, Brianna is 22 during KOTOR 2.

If the trial takes place in 3962 BBY, Brianna is 21 during KOTOR 2.

If the trial takes place in 3961 BBY, Brianna is 20 during KOTOR 2.

As we can not rejuvenate Brianna below 22 years, we retain a trial date the earliest possible, either 3963 BBY, and so, Brianna's age is 22 during KOTOR 2.

Holy crap, something official. I guess there we have it, Kreia is at least 50 something...I'd still say late 60's to early 70s. Given Count Dooku was so vital and supposedly about that age range, it's hardly a stretch to say Kreia was at least as vital.

Brianna...Since she does not join a female Exile and it is canon that exile is female...I'm not so sure what bearing of significance she has...if any.

Atton has a youthful stoicism, so I'd agree there.

Visas...I dunno. Disciple, maybe maybe not, though he is mature for his age so he seems older than he actually is.

Mandalore 63? Hmm. I'd say more mid 50's at oldest.

Mira...ok I'll go for that, certainly has the attitude in her portrayal.

Brianna...Since she does not join a female Exile and it is canon that exile is female...I'm not so sure what bearing of significance she has...if any.

Leland Chee has not decided precisely on this case. Some sources considered official ("The Essential Guide to the Force" and "Knights of the Republic Campaign Guide"), suggest that the Brianna character would be canonical (and thus, all that said this character is also canonical, especially about her mother, Arren Kae).

In "Holocron continuity database questions", Leland Chee does not close the door

Question

Is it at all possible that Brianna's adventures with her could still be canon?

Leland Chee

Maybe.

It is relatively important because if she is 10 at the time of the trial and 25 during Kotor 2, it puts the trial of Arren Kae in 3966 BBY, which is impossible since Revan is just beginning to recruit in 3964 BBY (canon from comics "Knights of the Old Republic" - Volume 1) and did not begin to travel.

The discovery of the birth of Brianna is not the subject of the trial, it's the trigger.

The subject of the trial is the challenge of revan and all the others against the High Council. The trial is therefore necessarily after 3964 BBY.

TTLan

• 2 months later...

Archived