Home

Alternate Tutorial Mod KotOR 1

Te Darasuum Mandalor

I don't know how hard it would be but it would be cool if there was a different intro level in KotOR 1

It starts out with (after character creation) it automaticly jumps to a cutscene with a small republic shuttle board a Sith ship. Once the ship docks on the ship, none other than a teenage Bastila Shan and and two other Jedi Knights, (One called Jedi Ros and the other called Jedi kobey) Bastila has a double bladed yelow saber, Ros has a purple saber, and Kobey has a green saber.

You have to command the three Jedi onto the next deck (Just a reminder, you can't die on this level) There, there are several sith troopers which you have to kill and then go up the ramp to the command deck. On the command deck, you have to kill your first Dark Jedi and more sith soldiers. A transmition then comes in asking Bastila if she has completed her mission but then tells Commadore Daddonna that she is almost to her objective. Next she is on the bridge and goes down a hallway which leads to the main bridge door.

There you find Revan gazing out at the battle and with a snap of a finger, all of his soldiers and officers attack the strike team. After killing them, Revan pulls out his lightsaber and kills Ros and Kobey and begins attacking Bastila. You then have to fight Revan, then, you stab him in the gut and just as your about to deal him the killing blow, it shows a cutscene on the bridge of another sith ship and a commanding voice yell "Fire!" Then it goes back to Revan's ship and Revan falls over, dead. Bastila pitty's the dark Lord and pulls his body away from the wreckage and she touches his head and creates a force bond to save his life.

Whats left of Revan and Bastila are who you control now. You must make it off the bridge to the starboard section and then to the escape pod area where she pulls his body into the last remaining pod, the rest of the crew abandoned ship. On the pod, it shows a cutscene where Bastila unmasks Revan and it shows a scared face (there is a generick male face and a generick female face) if it is a male face, she looks curious as if she has seen him before (she did in fact know Revan by his birth name as a child) if Revan is a male, she kisses him on the forhead and begins crying. It then shows the pod be intesepted by a Republic frigate that jumps to hyperspace. Revan's flagship is then blown to smithereens and Malak is victorious. Then, after that it jumps to the opening crawl and then the Endar Spire. In this mod, the Endar Spire should be less of a tutorial and more of a level. For instance, Trask says nothing about the mouse, and you figure things out yourselves

I agree with LoH, this is a big mod.

First it's best to have it fired from a conversation trigger but then you have to know how to make Bastila the PC and jump to the certain module.

You will not be able to do the special animations, what you can do is have Bastila and the 2 npcs fight with you to Revan. Then you fight Revan and then when his HP is down to zero or to a certain determined number you have the edited bink movie where the bridge is fired on. After the bink movie you give Revan hp and then Bastila and Revan escape , after that you will have to have a trigger to send you back to the original game point so yourr PC is not bastila.

As you can see there is some involved work with scripting.

Always think simple and not detail animations. Existing ones can be added in a cutscene but that will again add more work.

Just start looking over the tutorials before you try this size mod.

Happy modding!

Logan

Again reiterating the comments of my esteemed peers, this is a type of mod known as "added content" and that describes a huge mod, in effect it's a partial conversion mod. I agree on your time estimate, but six months of work of this kind is worth roughly $25,000 on the open market, but even if you were whimsically wealthy there are copyright issues for doing any paid work on someone else's intellectual property, so either way you're talking about someone doing perhaps $25K of work for you for free or else they'd get sued by Bioware, Obsidian and definitely LucasArts (who are more lethal about their copyrights than a suicide bomber, trust me I've dealt with them before and was glad it was on nice terms, LucasArts takes copyright deadly seriously).

As logan suggested and LoH inferred, please go ahead and have a look in the Tutorials threads in this forum about modding, to get an idea of what is reasonably possible for modders to do. You know, things like changing the colour of a blaster bolt from specific gun type, say you wanted the Arkanian Blaster to have a different colour to the regular blaster. Or an existing mod customised and adapted to your particular installation and creative sentiments (most mod makers offer permissions for alteration to suit personal tastes), someone might change a mod which you like but want a bit different. You get the idea.

Respectfully, start simple with mod requests. The ideas you have are good fan fiction but not mods.

(before you get jumped on I should mention again to watch out for double posting, the *only* place this is allowed is in the Coruscant Entertainment Centre because of the fanfics, or something like a tutorial).

Was just going to suggest, re: downloading, if you have a slow connection or have a set download limit on your home connection, one thing to do is take a flash drive into an internet cafe. The connection speed is usually very good and any decent ones don't charge extra for downloads, cost is a couple of dollars an hour.

My connection is a little unreliable and expensive for big downloads, it's really just for browsing and updates (but the modem is the size of a cigarette lighter and uses the Mobile network anywhere in the world, perfect travel connection).

So I do this and it saves me about $35 on 2gig of download.

Archived