Home

Unusual problem

redshtef

I installed Star Wars TFU Ultimate Sith Edition and the game won't start! Here's why: I used Daemon Tools to install the game (which was successful), and i mounted DVD 2 and started the game. Then it said to unmount all drives on DT(I don't know why). Then I couldn't start the game beacuse it said that I need DVD 2. I burned all in the MDF file on DVD-DL, the I put it into the computer, I started the game and it said that I need DVD 2.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem. Aspyr Support actually responded to me and said you need to remove all mounted and virtual drives (I had to unplug my external hard drive and it worked). They also mentioned you need to make your virus scans like Norton, etc aren't blocking. Here's there response:

"If you are receiving an error message upon launch that says something to the effect of

"please insert disk" (even if the disk is inserted), you are very likely

experiencing a conflict with the copy protection software on the disk itself. Any

software that places virtual drives on your system (for the purpose of disk imaging, CD

burning, download managers, even some antiviruses and firewalls) WILL cause this issue. Example software would be DaemonTools, Alcohol 120, GameJack, CloneCD, GetRight, Agnitum Outpost Firewall, Panda Antivirus, or Norton Antivirus. Please uninstall these titles, or at the very least disable them in your Task Manager."

I don't think its possible, if it is its probably not worth the effort.

The solution buy the game, its like 30 bucks, and if you have a computer that can play the game at a descent frame rate, you do have money to buy the game.

Don't be a :Pir2:

ps. not all virtual drive managers conflict with it, PowerISO works

• 11 months later...

I purchased Force unleashed and the game will not load. I am using an external DVD - USB, but internal HD. Installation went fine. I get the splash screen, select the screen resolution then receive an error indicating that I need to turn-off/remove virtual drives. I have none loaded. I did have them , but they've been uninstalled for a while.

As this is my kids Christmas present I'd REALLY like some help :-]

Archived