Home

XWA one year thread V: A Slightly Better, but Used Hope

Yes. I do.

Plus: The other night at dinner she was telling me of all the guys that have been in her orbit over the years that she has had to cut loose because they were very friendly and helpful to her at first... but only because they wanted a special "reward" from her for it.

Sounds like she's trying to keep you from making any moves so she can keep getting free help from you. What "reward" did they want? Sex? If so, good, they were slime. If the "reward" they wanted was to get to know her better, court her, love her, and she kicked them to the curb because they dared consider themselves worthy of that, then it seems she has a pretty arrogant attitude about herself. Every time you talk about this girl it makes me a little angry, because it really gives the impression that she is taking advantage of your generosity.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No... it was sex. At least that's what she says. But it was the implication of a "quid pro quo" ultimatum from the guys that she didn't like... the idea that there was a less than genuine agenda in their assistance. That the only way they would want to be friendly or helpful to her was that if she had to put out in return.

Trust me: I've been thinking very carefully about the situation... and considering how much longer I want to keep things as they are.

On the one hand: My social life has been far more active and interesting since I met her.

On the other hand: It's been over a year, and I've done lots for her without any emotional compensation in return.

I don't want to go back to the way my life was before... sitting around my house with nobody ever calling me to go out and do things. But, at some point my generosity will run out.

I'm also realistic enough to consider that there's the possibility that I'm just not her type physically or personality-wise, and nothing I ever say or do will ever be able to make her want it to be any different that this.

I've also starting testing some other waters... but I'm not ready to talk about those yet.

At the moment: I don't mind helping her out a bit when I can. It gets me out of the house, cooped up with mom. (Which gets tense after too much time together. And my other buddy who I used to hang out all the time now has a new, young girlfriend, so all the invites to go hang with him have totally dried up.)

Starting next week I'll be too busy at work again until May to do much in this way anymore anyway.

When I reach a breaking point, you'll know about it.

She's been opening up to me a lot more lately than ever before... so I have a good feeling about where things might be headed... but I'm also aware about how much I'm putting myself out. For the time being, it's not bothering me.

spark plugs all rusted my friend took a look at it and replaced the wires, couldn't get the plugs out because they were like rusted to **** i guess. so i'll have to get it towed to the dude that did the inspection on it on monday since im off that day. yay.

finalized my contacts prescription. :)

worked 1-9. ran register on and off all day. boring day overall. watched public enemies when i got home, it was pretty good. played a bit of mass effect. hard to get into as part of me wants to do side-quests and the other part is saying 'just beat the game'.

so far this year has been sucking.

OR NOT.

FINALLY got in touch with that girl i've been emailing. she is not a scammer, and i got her phone number and talked to her for a bit.

let the good times roll! :joy:

Good luck with that. :)

Spent last night mixing an Elvis impersonator. Yeah. :dozey:

The show was almost 3 hours long... but only because he didn't want to go into overtime, and cut out about 20 songs from the setlist.

Watched "Watchmen" last night when I got home. Wasn't terrible. I heard all kinds of awful reviews, so I was expecting a total stinker.

Kept me up kinda late, though. I'll probably regret that later...

luka: sounds fun!! hows married life treating you?
We have a saying - being a bachelor is like being a sultan or king. But this is not true for me certainly :-)

Playing with the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra next month. Hell to the yes.
Wow! Very impressive!

I managed to get my car home tonight without needing it towed. Going to drive it over to the garage tomorrow. hopefully they can get the spark plugs replaced without any problems.

im back to wearing glasses, no more trial pair of contacts. (until income tax refund so i can order more or next payday anyway)

so tomorrow im gonna file my income tax so i can get my refund asap and pay bills.

Spent most of the day with M. yesterday.

Managed to get her apartment almost 10 degrees warmer in a couple of hours, just with weather-stripping and sealing all the windows with plastic, and then putting heavy drapes in front of them. Just killing a bunch of the drafts made it much, much warmer. Noticeably so.

Replacing the windows is still the best solution... but this worked pretty well on the cheap.

Oh?

Sounds... intriguing. Do tell...

Not really all that interesting, and it doesn't have anything to do with me personally. But you know how sometimes something happens and you think, "No. The world doesn't work that way. It doesn't make any sense." Then something else happens that cancels out the first thing and affirms that your previous understanding of the world was correct? Well, that's what it was like. Just a little moment of, "Ah, maybe I didn't have it so wrong after all!"

dropped my car off at the garage. i hope i don't get financially ****ed for it.

sorry I missed this, you shoulda put some coke on the spark plugs, or PB Blaster

then let it sit for a while then tried to get them out again.

I spent all weekend puking, it was laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

Everyone seems to want to do something on the weekend of January 23-24. I have already had to say no twice to people, likely to be more and have to lower my original expectations.

That saturday evening there is a "Lounge" themed Martini Mixer at my curling club. I invited my Lady to it, and she wants to do it. I just got a call today that my Brother and his family are going to be visiting. I was going to have a B-day party sunday, but that might be a no-go with all the other stuff happening.

lady said she is bringing something special again to wear for "later" :D

the garage i took it to got it fixed for me. $60, so it wsn't too bad...overall i spent about $150 on my car over the past few days. I think it runs better now, i don't have to push my foot through the floor to get moving...hopefully it saves me alot on gas. service engine soon light is still on, but not flashing. hm.

getting some oatmeal for a quick breakfast and heading to the gym. then i got work 10-6.

played quite a bit of mass effect yesterday. So far it's pretty good, I absolutely love the combat system.

Watched the movie '9' last night. made no sense at all. tim burton is weird.

Watched the movie '9' last night. made no sense at all. tim burton is weird.

yes, yes he is. Havent seen 9 yet though.

the flashing CEL generally means misfire, which seems right with the condition of the spark plugs....

feeling mostly better, so its back to work

Archived