Home

XWA one year thread V: A Slightly Better, but Used Hope

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

work was lame. at least i am working with that girl i like though. not that that's going anywhere.

im working 10:30-7:30 tomorrow, so planning on going to the gym at 7.

nice...iPhones are sweeeeet. but it doesn't have an 8mp camera on it. :p

No. it doesn't. But what it has is kinda good enough.

I really needed a smart phone for my trip... but I REALLY wasn't interested in changing my service provider and plan in order to get a Googlephone.

Going Apple was the easiest solution in this case.

Very well. So be it.

My digital universe is now totally mobile now, anyway...

:joy:

I may be forced to unfriend you now :eek:

yeah I dont really care that much :D

garage door tension spring broke this weekend

another 2-3 hundo down the drain I call a house

Hey keyan. I would be interested in that. But I would want to steer clear of the first X-wing game and maybe only focus on TIE fighter and XWA. At least those had a story. But we need to encourage eachother to play more, otherwise it would be a still born idea.

I should have a computer again in a couple of months. or sooner

another 2-3 hundo down the drain I call a house
Get used to it... it never ends. :dozey:

Hung out with M. a bit last night. She decided to take on a boarder for the 2 weeks before her new roommate moves in, and she was obviously a bit nervous about it.

Turns out: he seems OK as well.

I leave tomorrow, mid-morning, after rush hour. I plan on traveling light: Maybe 5 days worth of clothes, basic toiletries. iPod and phone.

I guess I'll just "rough it" for everything else... though it's kinda hard to say I'd really be roughing it anywhere on the northeast coast of the U.S. (If I need or forget something, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to find it pretty easily on the way.)

Here's my planned route for the first leg of the trip:

Rt. 3A to Rt. 6 at the Cape Cod Canal.

Rt. 6 to Rt. 24 in Fall River.

Rt. 24 to Newport, RI.

From there, I'll probably follow along Rt. 1 through Connecticut.

Then I'll have to decide if I go through NYC, or bypass it and go around. We'll see what kind of time I'm making, and what kind of mood I'm in, I guess.

I'm going to try to make it through New Jersey by sundown, and get a motel in Penn or Delaware. Maybe...

sounds like fun. stay clear of pennsylvania, trust me. nothing to see here but ugliness. but if you do happen to stop by....girls gone wild and vanilla ice are going to be at the hardware bar in scranton. (the same city that the show 'the office, staring steve carell' is based).

going to the gym. yesterday i ran 20 minutes at the 6.5 mph pace. it was fun. need to increase that by 1mph faster though to get a good time.

stay clear of pennsylvania, trust me. nothing to see here but ugliness.
I'd just be passing through, or just crashing in a motel room.

But I'll see how long this "non-major highway" takes me to get anywhere. I can always re-think it if it seems like it's taking too long to get anywhere.

Though I think it will be a far more interesting ride...

I've already gone down to DC once on the typical Interstate route... and it was pretty damn boring.

I'll be leaving here in an hour or so... so I'll see you guys and update things when I get to my stop tonight!

Hey keyan. I would be interested in that. But I would want to steer clear of the first X-wing game and maybe only focus on TIE fighter and XWA. At least those had a story.

I still think X-Wing is the best one, actually. The story is told more subtly, but it does have a fine story, and it really fills in the gap of just what the Rebels were doing prior to the first movie. It's also less complex than TIE Fighter or XWA (and less buggy), so it might be a good way for those who have not played in a while to ease back into the games. But we'll have to see what everyone thinks.

But we need to encourage eachother to play more, otherwise it would be a still born idea.

As long as we don't schedule too much every week and make steady progress little by little, we should be good. But yeah, we definitely need to encourage each other to keep up with it. And I think talking about the missions afterward would be a big part of the motivation. Like I said, this isn't an original idea - I've seen it done elsewhere, and it seems to work well.

I would totally go see vanilla ice!

i definitely am. Friday SCRANTON HARDWARE BAR Vanilla Ice! Plus Girls Gone Wild filming a NEW DVD! Frozen T-shirt contest win $500! Zoey live from 9p-11p. Win your way in for free with Jim Bone in the morning all this week!

girls gone wild are gonna be there! :joy:

I still think X-Wing is the best one, actually. The story is told more subtly, but it does have a fine story, and it really fills in the gap of just what the Rebels were doing prior to the first movie. It's also less complex than TIE Fighter or XWA (and less buggy), so it might be a good way for those who have not played in a while to ease back into the games. But we'll have to see what everyone thinks.

As long as we don't schedule too much every week and make steady progress little by little, we should be good. But yeah, we definitely need to encourage each other to keep up with it. And I think talking about the missions afterward would be a big part of the motivation. Like I said, this isn't an original idea - I've seen it done elsewhere, and it seems to work well.

hah i used to be in the TIE Corps. :)

i definitely am. Friday SCRANTON HARDWARE BAR Vanilla Ice! Plus Girls Gone Wild filming a NEW DVD! Frozen T-shirt contest win $500! Zoey live from 9p-11p. Win your way in for free with Jim Bone in the morning all this week!

girls gone wild are gonna be there! :joy:

I bet cover is HIGH with GGW there

Archived