Home

XWA one year thread V: A Slightly Better, but Used Hope

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i think we're falling behind... >.>
Yeah... we came out of the gate strong... but tapered off a bit.

I think the year-end projection was at 4K+ at one point.

I wish my life was more interesting... or at least somewhat more worth talking about... but it ain't.

Walked about 3 hours this morning on the way to work... and the exact same route in reverse this evening.

Pretty sore. One really decent blister.

About 6 hours of walking... and I typically walk about 4 MPH... So I figure about 20 to 24 miles today. Not too shabby.

sometimes i wish it didn't take me so long to catch on to bands that are worth listening to. Recently, I've been listening to Daft Punk and totally loving it. I was familiar with two of their most popular hits but hadn't made the connection until they were mentioned on a morning radio show. I downloaded their most recent live album and it is fricking awesome. Wish I had paid more attention to them earlier, but then again, sometimes I find it more fun to play 'catch-up' with a band than follow them in the present.

Staying current with music is great if you want to see bands in concert in their prime. Which is why I kinda haven't cared since my teens or 20s.

I kinda like giving it a few years for time to sort out which bands were the good ones of whatever musical movement has just past. Then I can can go back and pay attention to the good ones, and ignore all the crappy 2nd and 3rd stringers and wannabes that are totally forgotten by time.

Dinner and a movie with a lady friend from work tonight. Saw Shrek 4 in 3D.

Movie was cute. The 3D effect is pretty cool... but wearing the glasses over my regular glasses kinda sucks.

Going up to spend the day in Gloucester with a different lady friend tomorrow. There's a cool castle up there... plus I hear the harbor is pretty spectacular.

Should be a good day.

Ended up touring Gloucester and Rockport. Nice towns.

As I was leaving my friend's place after hanging out with her all afternoon, a 3rd lady called me to come over and hang at her apartment for a cookout.

It's 1:30am and I just got home.

I'm not exactly sure what's going on in my life right now... but it's keeping me busy.

It's all very weird, but I'm not complaining.

Jamming tomorrow. I'm scared to think about how rusty and out-of-practice I am right now...

yeah so this girl is totally falling in love with me. :)

my friends don't like her and think she's psycho, cause she doesn't get along with them. i kinda stopped caring about what they think. she likes me and we have the same interests, religion, and qualities... unlike my ex which i had absolutely nothing of the same interest (besides sex). heh, we even have the same eyesight. :)

i'm happy so whoever doesnt like it just leave me be and save your 'told you sos' for whenever.

my one friend is pretty much asking me to punch him in the face, harassing me at work about her and i'm suddenly getting memories of childhood drama, when i was a kid i was friends with a bunch of people, and i'd try to get us all to hang out together and that nearly always resulted in disagreements, fights, and stupid bull****...

Archived