Home

XWA one year thread V: A Slightly Better, but Used Hope

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Blu-Ray drives on laptops are notorious for having playback issues. No standardization in codecs/playback software on computers leads to a bunch of headaches from what I've seen so far.
Aftermarket add-on, or pre-installed? The reviews I've read about the Vaios didn't mention any Blu-Ray issues at all. Of all the companies out there, I'd sure have to hope Sony could get it right...

But like I said: I haven't decided yet. There's an ASUS I like too... but it's the Sony I really want. I probably won't be satisfied if I get anything else...

Well, Sony's software is a big giant piece of crap that hasn't been updated in like...... Forever+1. Stick a new BRD in there and it gives you the computer equivalent of GFY. (Go F**K Yourself).

Other software is open source, and buggier than **** because of all the DRM crap they put on movies nowadays.

So... good luck? It's ashot in the dark if the BRD will actually play a BRD.

But if your looking for using the medium as data storage then I guess it'll be worth it, or your encoding your own BRD for home movies or some stuff.

But for Data Storage, you have large external HDD's for cheap it's kinda a waste since blank BRD's are still very very expensive.

Sister's birthday last night. We had her traditional birthday dinner - Maryland crabs. Pretty good, but so much work to eat those things.

I tried a Guinness. Normally I hate beer, but someone suggested I try this one and I don't think I ever have, so I did. Blah. I'll stick with wine.

what a horrible suggestion to make to a non beer drinker.

Guiness is iconic, thats about it. bland and blah with some crappy bitter.

as for world cup news.....

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-cup/story/_/id/5288995/ce/us/slovenia-andrej-komac-guarantees-victory-vs-united-states?cc=5901&ver=us

slovenia striker guarentees victory against us

Ed, vaios are not bad machines, but they are way too proprietary (as is typical of sony) and too expensive. I've been using an HP laptop for 2 years now and it has been good to me. Granted, it is a business laptop, not a home/small office one, so it is made a bit more robust and costs a bit more. If I had to buy another laptop, I would look at HP first.

^-- what he said. Like I said, it's the Vaio software that's poop for BRD.

Guiness is marvelous. Heathens. :D

Also, Interesting post statistics....

TOTAL POSTS: 1,336

1. Edlib 309
  2. Rogue15 267
  3. Zargon 218
  4. Keyan Farlander 145
  5. Scar Da Kookee 103
  6. K_Kinnison 92
  7. Cmdr. Cracken 55
  8. Wildstar 37
  9. Det. Bart Lasiter 27
  10. LukA_YJK 25
  11. Gunner 20
  12. Rogue Nine 11

And everyone else is sub 10 posts.

Oooooo, looks like niner is on the threshold!!!

XD

anyway, i meant to post this:

my local Navy Club had hosted the national convention this weekend

I helped out a hole bunch

I surprised alot of the folks there when I left around 2:30 in the afternoon and showed back around 4:30pm with a shave, a hair cut and wearing one of my $500 suits

well, at least I felt like doing it, I was told the obvious that I was the youngest there

so, with the ceremony with the cake cutting, the oldest and the youngest are supposed to cut the cake, so, why not, let's look like 20 pounds of awesome in a 5 pound bag :p

ah i see the problem diipadaapa, you resurrected a very very old thread :D

K_kinnison posted this here in this thread:

Diipadaapa that post is in the wrong area. But to answer your question, don't hyper out, you need the CRS to leave in order to complete your primary objectives. if you are having trouble dealing with a target rich environment, just put all weapon energy to engines and go evasive.. or become a better dogfighter

http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=15742&page=2

lol, a particular 'quest' who posted in there are is a super moderator now :D

Yeah... I really don't have much interesting to say either... but I say it anyway. ;P

I'm going to Newport R.I. tomorrow.

That should be interesting.

Work gets stupid busy again starting Sunday. This is my last gasp for having some kind of life outside of work for a while.

I'll remind him when (if) I see him to log in and splatter some madness around the joint.

I still see him all the time on Facebook... I kinda forget he's not regular here anymore.

Newport is nice. A couple of decent little waterfront shacks they have there... :dozey::rolleyes:

Holy HUGE mansions, Batman!

Driving in Newport is the suck, however. Highly NOT recommended!

Back from The A-Team. Meh. It seems like they really had all the ingredients of a winner here, but managed to screw it up. More or less the right actors for the roles, a decent premise, good action, and some respect for the show. But too frantic a pace, a couple of plot points that went nowhere and made no sense, and a couple of other problems messed it up. Worth seeing if you want a generic action movie, but that's about it.

Archived