Home

XWA one year thread V: A Slightly Better, but Used Hope

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

/me has been slacking (brownie points for anyone who knows what that's a reference to :D )

Halfway through the year...

Posts to thread @ midnight, June 30: 1,421

Projected posts to thread at year-end: 2,842

Even did the math in my head...no need to resort to the Calculator applet (although if I didn't know how to multiply by 2 in my head, I'd be worried). :D

/me has been slacking (brownie points for anyone who knows what that's a reference to :D )

/me is a command used in IRC to display something said in the third person. This is the precursor (by a long shot) to FB status updates.

/me is chatting with random ppl on teh internets!

would look like this on a chat screen:

*Ikhnaton is chatting with random ppl on teh internets!

IRC is where I got my start on the interweb many many moons ago.

Today was a good day. :)

Caught up with old friends. Sat on the beach in my favorite location in the world. Watched fireworks and a bonfire. Great dinner.

If every day was like this, life would be great!

Yes. A/C working flat out today. Still kinda warm and sticky in the house at that...

Drunk schmuck tried to pick a fight with me yesterday on the subway... as far as I can tell, based solely on how I was dressed. I didn't rise to his provocations... but part of me wanted him to try something so that I'd be forced to shut his idiot yap for him. :rolleyes:

Speaking of the subway: It's bound to be some interesting commutes for the next couple of days... the heat brings out the best of the city. A feast for the senses... the sights, sounds... and smells... should be pretty intense while the heat wave is on. :dozey:

Oh... and so far, I'm not a huge fan of Windows 7. Looks sexy... But it's proving itself to be much, much, buggier than XP.

Yes. I worked with it briefly one day on a friend's machine... but that was the entire extent of my exposure.

7 has crashed a few times on me. Some conflict somewhere... gonna have to spend some time shutting off background apps and services to trim it up.

Yes. I worked with it briefly one day on a friend's machine... but that was the entire extent of my exposure.

7 has crashed a few times on me. Some conflict somewhere... gonna have to spend some time shutting off background apps and services to trim it up.

my bet is that its not win 7, but sony app software.

Archived