Home

XWA one year thread V: A Slightly Better, but Used Hope

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ed, I posted live performances (on YouTube) by Boston music acts the last couple of Wednesdays to my Facebook...did you see either of them?
I didn't notice. Sorry.

I'll have to go back and check them out... After I get some more sleep. Got home from work today, sat down, and promptly fell asleep for an hour and a half.

Saw "The Other Guys" today. Was pretty good. Funny in a "Naked Gun" way without being so totally over the top.

I recommend it.

From reviews and friends' recommendation, I was expecting it to be gut-bustingly funny as I know Will Ferrell is capable of. But there were maybe two or three legitimately funny scenes in the entire movie and that was it. Maybe I went into it expecting too much? I dunno. I found Salt way more entertaining.

From reviews and friends' recommendation, I was expecting it to be gut-bustingly funny as I know Will Ferrell is capable of. But there were maybe two or three legitimately funny scenes in the entire movie and that was it. Maybe I went into it expecting too much? I dunno. I found Salt way more entertaining.

"cop out" was better

got it on blu ray

I don't find Will Ferrell funny. Nor Adam Sandler. Their humor is popular in a sarcastic/stupid New York style of funny that I don't care for.

I am more of the Dry deadpan quick witted british humor fan

Btw, I am thinking of getting a Kindle, but it is hard to find good Sci-Fi books via Kindle. Why would I want to pay $10 for classics I have already read? Give me some new good material DAMMIT

I love driving.

But I only have 2 weeks... And Boston to South Florida and back would chew up a significant portion of that time.

But I would much rather be in control of my travel schedule than be at the mercy of an airline.

As I type this I'm looking at my departure time slip away thanks to a 2+ hour weather delay.

Yippie.

Trust me: it's on the agenda.

But flight lessons ain't cheap... And will chew up a lot of spare time I don't really have.

But I will someday soon.

Of course: renting and fueling a private plane down the East Coast isn't exactly an exercise in economy either... But at least I'd be in charge.

My noontime flight pushed back to at least 3pm. :rolleyes:

What was I saying about hating to travel? :dozey:

I allow myself to get involved with commercial air travel about once every other year... And it's a guaranteed nightmare 50% of the time.

I should be half way there already... But I'm still looking at the inside of the gate... Trying desperately to tune out the grumbling around me.

I have to preserve iPod battery life for the flight, though... As tempting as it would be to jam in the ear-buds and zone out.

Maybe I'll see how free the Free WI-FI really is here with the laptop.

random thought: XWA 1yr thread MTPO tourney, no saves/reload/game-genie; (perhaps) no 2nd round fights (cept for piston honda 2nd time)

someone find an emu recorder or best emu that can record then youtube upload?

any takers? (only accept regulars on the 1yr thread series :p)

ps:

I'm *quote fingers*sure*quote fingers* people still have this game legit

rules: the one to upload a vid that lasts the longest in a single play (under a actual youtube name) wins (contest badge winnar?). Only acceptable when all people participating accepts a date/time-period assigned :p

[edit]

those whom can beat Tyson, the vid with the shortest amount of playback time wins.

IE: no video cuts/fast-forwards (from title screen to Tyson defeat, even if multi-cut uploads)

[edit 2]

we need judges

Archived