Home

XWA one year thread V: A Slightly Better, but Used Hope

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a bit of sleep as well... though not enough yet.

Going out tonight to a party for a friend who has been cancer-free for 5 years.

Early a.m. back to work tomorrow. Crew training day. Hooray.

My only complaint about Reach so far...

I miss Cortana. :(

The same actress voices the female Spartan you work with... but somehow, it's not the same.

had fun camping. And quite an adventure on my lil' sailboat. Only really rained once Wednesday night with a T-storm. But it was cold and cloudy the rest of the time. my Girl got cold when she was kayaking and got soaked by a basted pontoon boat. She couldn't get warm so I started up a campfire, fixed her a hot meal, and had her snuggle me when we went to bed.

Saw a few deer, lots of woodpeckers and blue jays, a few blue birds, a Bald eagle, and a lone wolf.

But I was sure glad to get home and take a hot shower

I still say, give me a port that I can use mouse+KB ill pwn you all. [edit1] I SHALL pwn all.[/edit]

halo sux btw.

Quake rules.

[edit1]I challenge anyone to a DM (just as long as I can use mouse/KB [/edit1]

=3

ok, so my idea on a mike tyson's punch out fizziled. how about something more practical???

we need an LF-wide DM tourny

[edit2] know what? let's do it, a full on DM tournament!

seriously this time

I'd like it to be a 1 on 1 Quake 1 Death Match (considering its the most easily available game to do it with)

Screw that RPG thing that we had years ago, let's really really really do a full on LucasForums DeathMatch tourny!

multi-tier, random generated positioning on a full real tourney-style elimination bracket (best 2 out of 3)

this should be sweet

someone please tell me that this is good. :3[/edit2]

[/edit1]

I've read about people making it work on a 360... but it takes some work apparently.

I played Halo 1 on PC. Found it a lot quicker to line up shots.

I sped up my look sensitivity in the preferences a bit. Gonna give that a try. Hopefully I didn't go too far.

I also want to play with the armor upgrade abilities tonight. There are jet packs on some of the levels that we haven't taken advantage of yet.

On which? The PS or XBox?

As far as I can tell, on the PS you can substitute the KBM combo for a controller on certain games as easily as a wheel or flight stick. I don't have a shooter for the Sony yet, so I can't really confirm one way or another... Though I know not all games actually allow that support.

dear god 180 bucks to dish out to actually play a game like a pc >.>

thats it, I'm never buying another console again.

faith = lost

As opposed to building a game-spec PC? :p

Which is rarely a bargain proposition. Better than in the past, but still not cheap.

Some folks can get really fast and accurate with gamepad controllers. I've just never been one of them.

I like to think I'm getting better, though... unlocking some cool achievements, "commendations" and "challenges" in Reach on Heroic.

Probably get totally pwned against real live 10 year-olds, though... :(

As opposed to building a game-spec PC? :p

Probably get totally pwned against real live 10 year-olds, though... :(

I'm sure I've told you all the story of how that happened to me in Halo 2 at a company Christmas party a few years back. The humiliation was...tangible.

Reach is a decent game, though. The flight levels bring back good memories of Rogue Squadron, or perhaps more the flight levels of The Clone Wars, a forgotten but underrated game from last generation. The space level reminded me a little of Freespace...or maybe Starlancer. Not the same intensity or level of control of course, but a similar feel. I'm enjoying it more than ODST, I think.

Reach is very good. ODST was the weakest of the Halo titles I've played. Still an OK game... but missing some... oomph.

I think it might be my second fave... right after Halo 2.

So for me, in order of preference:

Halo 2

Reach

Halo 3

Halo: Combat Evolved (1)

ODST

I liked the space flight level too. It really brought back fond memories and a sense of longing...

Wish they were longer and maybe a bit more challenging. They reminded me most of Ace Combat 6 for the 360.

I've never done well in multiplayer Halo. Cracken can probably attest to that.

I'm tempted to give the online player-matching a try, however. Just to see how I fare. I feel like I'm making more kills in this game than I ever did in any other FPS I ever played, so perhaps maybe I have improved... even if it is just a tiny bit.

but i can clearly get more out of a pc then a console.

you can drop teh age old beat the horse agument

PC > console

I know, I agree. But I can't play reach on the PC, I've spent 6-700 bucks on 360 hardware in the last 4 years

I spent 3 times that last year on PC stuff, I've spent 1500 this year on PC stuff, and will probably spend another grand....

you can't argue against its cost effectiveness.....

plus tyhe 360 is a superb WMPxtender

Archived