Home

XWA one year thread V: A Slightly Better, but Used Hope

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

up too early. argued with friend/lover/romantic interest (who apparently just dislikes being classified as a girlfriend, despite the fact that's basically what she is at this point...) about whether she should go to the doctor for a possible strep infection. i took the position that she should go. she took the position that because one of her professors grades on a curve she should go to that class and attempt to ahh... boost her grade.

why do i have to have a thing for crazy/crazier-than-average women?

So what you're saying is:

There is no "average."

There's "Crazy."

There's "Crazier than that."

Then there's "Probably way too crazy to live with."

And all of the female of the species co-exist as operating as all of those options... simultaneously.

So... Pick your poison... and then learn to live with insanity... and regrets.

Is that your thesis in a nutshell, Mr. F?

Okay. This was the second time they found an American 250 lbs bomb in my hood, but this time it was like only 200 meter distance from my apartment. They evacuated everybody in a 1000 meter radius and I couldn't return home after work. So me and my girl we met outside and went to eat Thai food and had some drinks. Thanks to the American weapon industry forcing me to wait 6 additional hours for my well earned excellent sexual excursion. ¬¬

Okay. This was the second time they found an American 250 lbs bomb in my hood, but this time it was like only 200 meter distance from my apartment. They evacuated everybody in a 1000 meter radius and I couldn't return home after work. So me and my girl we met outside and went to eat Thai food and had some drinks. Thanks to the American weapon industry forcing me to wait 6 additional hours for my well earned excellent sexual excursion. ¬¬

uh where bouts do you live????

well played ed, well played

So what you're saying is:

There is no "average."

There's "Crazy."

There's "Crazier than that."

Then there's "Probably way too crazy to live with."

And all of the female of the species co-exist as operating as all of those options... simultaneously.

So... Pick your poison... and then learn to live with insanity... and regrets.

Is that your thesis in a nutshell, Mr. F?

That's a pretty solid interpretation. But if I may, I would like to extend my colleague Dr. Edlib's reading, and posit that it is analogous to quantum mechanics, where a particle exists in a superposition of states until one tries to measure it. Women likewise exist in a superposition of crazy until you attempt to determine what kind of crazy, at which point the wave function collapses, and you are left with only one state of crazy. But the problem is, you don't want to measure it. You just want to watch TV. So that superposition of crazy runs around unchecked most of the time. The lesson here is that you must resist the natural male inclination not to give a crap about whatever her problem is and measure, i.e. confront the crazy head-on, thus collapsing the system to one particular variety of crazy as soon as possible. This is counter-intuitive, but it has been verified experimentally. Thus, if you play your cards right, you will only have to deal with an averagely crazy woman most of the time.

See, kids? Science is fun! Class dismissed.

Young At Heart Chorus here tonight.

A group of retirement-home folks singing rock songs.

Weird... but it kinds works... in a weird way.

Been a long, but mostly easy day. Some routing and patching challenges. Rearranged the entire stage area to make it wheelchair and walker friendly.

That's a pretty solid interpretation. But if I may, I would like to extend my colleague Dr. Edlib's reading, and posit that it is analogous to quantum mechanics, where a particle exists in a superposition of states until one tries to measure it. Women likewise exist in a superposition of crazy until you attempt to determine what kind of crazy, at which point the wave function collapses, and you are left with only one state of crazy. But the problem is, you don't want to measure it. You just want to watch TV. So that superposition of crazy runs around unchecked most of the time. The lesson here is that you must resist the natural male inclination not to give a crap about whatever her problem is and measure, i.e. confront the crazy head-on, thus collapsing the system to one particular variety of crazy as soon as possible. This is counter-intuitive, but it has been verified experimentally. Thus, if you play your cards right, you will only have to deal with an averagely crazy woman most of the time.

See, kids? Science is fun! Class dismissed.

I reject your theory and propose my own.

Where your relation to the level of crazy in a woman to quantum mechanics is indeed interesting and very convincing, it has issues because it measures the crazy of only the immediate one woman. Ergo, you have issues applying to a spectrum of women, say, in a crowded bar. Thus, I propose Dr. Farlander that the level of crazy is quantifiable as it is relative to the observer.

Based off observation, it appears that women extert a warp of space-time, but that is associated with another physical dimension. This field can be seen quite clearly, such as in the middle of a physical altercation between to women, a "Cat Fight". Since there are elevated levels of crazy, the two women draw an increasing number of men to there location, and the distance from which they can draw is proportional to the level of crazy that this "Cat Fight" has elevated to. This is not at all dissimilar from the warping of space-time by a massive object. Now, if you add three women to this "Cat Fight", the crowd grows NOTICEABLY larger, as there is a higher density of crazy emanating from the epicenter of the "Cat Fight".

This field has a distinct effect on the behavioral patterns of men, as noted in the above example. Note that if a guy says "My lady is a crazy bitch," there is not intent on leaving said female. This hold of the "Crazy Bitch" is not dissimilar from gravitational field, which distort space time itself relative to the observer. To that guy, the lady may be a "Crazy Bitch", but he is 1) trapped within the Crazy Field, 2) his perception of the "Crazy Bitch" is distorted by his presence within this field.

Thus, I think it's fair to say that there is a measurable level of crazy, and can be distilled into a set order, by measuring this crazy field, and it's effects on men.

Archived