Home

XWA one year thread V: A Slightly Better, but Used Hope

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far she's been very enthusiastic and up for anything, anytime!

She visited me at work yesterday. She watched some of the Flamenco show. We went to eat afterwards, then we came back to the theater, and watched DVDs on the big screen and sound system with the whole place to ourselves.

I am spending the weekend after T-Day with her.

At approximatly 0534 GMT, North Korea began firing artillary rounds upon civilian targets on an island near the sea boarder of North/South Korea. South Korea returned fire.

North Korea responded that it will take any military response from South Korea as provocation, and launch a "Merciless" attack on the South.

South Korea is now on high alert, all military personell have been recalled to the peninsula.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

GT5 Tomorrow!!!! :D

:joy: :joy: :joy:

Of course... I have plans for the weekend... so it's unlikely I'll actually get to play it until next week... which is already swamped with work... so... the week after... which might be chaotic because one of our staff got canned, and we'll all have to pull a bit extra... so....

Boo.

:(

At approximatly 0534 GMT, North Korea began firing artillary rounds upon civilian targets on an island near the sea boarder of North/South Korea. South Korea returned fire.

North Korea responded that it will take any military response from South Korea as provocation, and launch a "Merciless" attack on the South.

South Korea is now on high alert, all military personell have been recalled to the peninsula.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

But then again, the North has complete control of the media and information within thier country. So if they moved Artillery to a remote location and fired on an Island they can easily respond by saying they didn't shoot first even tho everyone outside of the DRNK knows differently. it is just a ploy used to keep their people in line. Castro does it, Chinese do it, and the russians did it.

Just like the ship they sunk.

There is really no good solution to the North Korea problem. Anything that gets done has to be done with China's support and short of NK launching a nuke nothing is going to get done.

Situation is so messed up

Looks like I found me a girlfriend that's okay with a) no commitment, and b) us seeing other people too... Which is pretty much perfect because while I really like her, I haven't even been separated from my wife for a month, and I don't want to be in a serious relationship for a long time. She's in somewhat of the same boat (though she's been single about 6 months), so we agreed to let it happen, but leave the door completely open for whatever else might come along.

I'm hoping this means threesomes.

Time for an installment of good news bad news

Good news: I don' have to work Friday

Bad News: No overtime then

Good news: Figured out what was wrong with my Mom

bad News: Tumor is growing back :crybaby:

GOod news: She is going to get better care

Bad news: It is Hospice care

Yes, it is quite hard to realize my mothers days are numbered. She is already talking about planning the funeral. I am trying to keep her spirits positive, and tell her she still has a life to live and God owes her at least another summer since the last one she spent mostly at the hospital and a care facility. We just know the end is sooner then we thought. It has been rough for all of us and close friends.

Sorry to hear that, K_K. :(

Got my copy of GT5, installed it, but that was it. Spent the rest of the day cleaning house, packing, running errands, calling my dad, and generally getting ready for the extended Thanksgiving weekend with the lady.

Maybe I'll run a couple of laps before bed.

Busy day. I'm pooped. But I suspect this is nothing compared to what I'm going to feel like Sunday night...

Archived