Home

XWA one year thread V: A Slightly Better, but Used Hope

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got the nerd shirts I wanted, socks, and a tv tuner card.

My sister got me a 1.75 liter bottle of jack daniels. <3

I also got M&M's that are the colours of the Miami Dolphins with their logo on them! And an M&M dispensier with their logo on it too. And my sister got me this giant ass bag of M&M's. O.o They swear they didn't coordinate that ****. I call shenanigans.

A couple of CDs, The Force Unleashed 2, a bottle of nice cologne, some clothes, and some Bose noise-cancelling headphones. That last was quite a surprise from my mother. I never thought about it, but I could probably use those things at work with all the construction going on.

My sister got a Kinect. She doesn't have an XBox. So guess whose XBox she'll be using it on? I swore that vile piece of technological heresy would never touch my XBox. I guess you can't win 'em all. Or any of them. Ever.

2010 has been good. except for a slight bump mid-year with me dumping my girl and her crawling back. It is going to end real well, and I think 2011 is going to be my best year ever. Right now I am with my Lady at her house enjoying Our first Christmas at the house. our beef wellington is in the over and the Squash soup, is ready. She is preparing the veggies as i write.

So far my loot (which is just for reference, not bragging) is a $60 Gift certificate for Curling supplies, a Green Bay packers jersey, a bottle of 12 year Glenlivet.... this does not include what i get from my Brother or his family.

I surprised my Lady by arriving late Christmas eve, she called me while i was about an hour away on my cell phone and didn't have a clue I was almost there. She said "see you tomorrow morning" and I said "See you soon". She isn't very good at figuring out puzzles.

I spent the day with my GF and her kids. Hung out at her place while her dad was out. Got some Chinese food. Watched Fellowship of the Ring.

I gave her the gifts I bought for her yesterday. (A perfume package of her favorite fragrance from Calvin Klein; chocolates; 8GB iPod Nano, loaded with all her favorite albums...)

Gave the kids some of theirs. (I have other presents here at the house for them that my mom wanted to give them in person. They were supposed to come over here today... but the monster storm we are supposed to get this afternoon pretty much canceled all plans.)

She said most of my presents are still on the way... but she could only give them to me when we are "in private." Something she is making for me... and something she is going to do for me...

No real idea of what I'm in for... but I may have gotten a bit of a preview in the form of some pictures she sent to my phone.

Whoa!

:joy:

spent the evening with my girlfriend. Forgot to mention that I wouldn't be home to my parents, and we were awoken by my mom calling asking where the hell I was. Oops. O.O

Just tell them the truth. You were in bed with your new Girlfriend practicing on how to make some grand kids :thmbup1:

As for me I spent about 4 hours this morning snowblowing snow from my Ladies driveway and sidewalk. of course i had to find the sidewalk, and edges of the driveway. Then I "raked" her roof that had almost a foot of snow in some spots. Quite tired now and enjoying some scotch while watching the Bears/Jets game on TV. J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!

Quite tired now and enjoying some scotch while watching the Bears/Jets game on TV. J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!

Your misguided loyalty to a failing team disturbs me.

When I did come home to get ready for work, my Dad just asked for quick assurance that I was being safe. Affirmative given, resume normal operations.

Though Mom is now HIGHLY interested in meeting her, which I'm looking forward to.

:¬: Yay embarassing stories of my youth. Oh the JOY.

So far, so good w/ this storm, but I prepared the virtual league (which I am now secretary of) for the possibility of my losing power for an extended period (and I still have to get to my sister's for her part of Xmas w/ her kids, and I may have to help shovel her out, too), and may also have to extend the score submission deadline a day if the eastern seaboard experiences widespread power outages.

Hmm... Well, I doubt you were ever meant to be it's intended audience.

Motion controllers are intended for non-hardcore, serious, longtime gamers.

I doubt I'll ever bother. I'd rather just get a Wii for the cost of that thing. I'd much rather have a wheel controller, and/or one of the new Rock Band Strats. I'd use those much more frequently, I'm sure.

Hmm... Well, I doubt you were ever meant to be it's intended audience.

Motion controllers are intended for non-hardcore, serious, longtime gamers.

Yeah, I don't get that. Controlling things with your body and voice (or the Wiimote) seems way more advanced and intimidating than pressing a few buttons. The whole thing seems like it came out of the marketing department.

Yeah, I don't get that. Controlling things with your body and voice (or the Wiimote) seems way more advanced and intimidating than pressing a few buttons. The whole thing seems like it came out of the marketing department.

Oops... I meant to type "aren't intended..." :o

But you seem to have gotten the idea. It's all to bring those who are scared about games into the pack, and sell more units.

Woke up to a brutal scene outside, and no power or heat indoors. So far, not a great morning/ afternoon. Power is back now... but the house is still freezing. And it took about 3 hours to clean up outside.

Here we go again... :rolleyes:

Archived