Home

XWA one year thread V: A Slightly Better, but Used Hope

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ended up extending the virtual league score deadline by a day...I still have 3 sets of scores outstanding, and am hoping these 3 are just waiting for power and Internet to be restored to submit; with this being the last week of our fall league, it may make a difference. There was one casualty in the virtual league to the storm...a guy whose "real" league wasn't meeting on Xmas Eve wanted to bowl the make-up for the week yesterday, but got snowed in.

Going crazy with these damn driving games!!!

I always seem to be off my goal by a couple of tenths of a second... then spend the next couple of hours chasing down those last couple of tenths... always getting worse and more frustrated in the process, but never giving up until I'm about to smash the TV with the controller. :mad:

Maybe I should find another hobby... :rolleyes:

What console are you rockin'?

gota wii and a 360, but i have bc2 on PC

Quite tired now and enjoying some scotch while watching the Bears/Jets game on TV. J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!

what scotch? I bought some Tyrconnel to replace teh aberlouth I finished a month or so ago, its pretty good for being under 35 a bottle

and;...screw you buttpacker :D

go bears :)

nice job on the giants though.

Going crazy with these damn driving games!!!

I always seem to be off my goal by a couple of tenths of a second... then spend the next couple of hours chasing down those last couple of tenths... always getting worse and more frustrated in the process, but never giving up until I'm about to smash the TV with the controller. :mad:

Maybe I should find another hobby... :rolleyes:

You could play Starcraft II.... but that has equal or more frustration....

Yeah... I get to the point of chasing perfection, and make myself crazy, and stop having fun...

And in doing so, defeat my purpose of playing games in the first place.

Tried my hand at a couple of other games last night... but didn't do all that well at any of them either. So I ended back at GT5... where I am going through all these tests... and continually end up being a 10th, a 100th, or even a 1,000th of a second shy of getting to the next level. One of the gold trophies was for 14:00 seconds... I was at 14:002! AAAARRRGGGHHH!!! :mad:

I was making myself insane...

But then the power went back out... forcing me to take a break.

Gotta get out of the house today. Going a bit stir crazy.

what scotch?

12 year Glenlivet :thmbup1:

go bears :)

nice job on the giants though.

Giants are falling apart, and Eli isn't helping the G-men by throwing the ball up for grabs.

Well i think the next game is going to be a good one. Considering the Packers almost beat the Patriots with their Backup QB 31-27, and the bears got a shellacking at home from the Patriots. I still think the Packers are the better team over the Bears

want to make a friendly wager on the outcome of the next Packers/Bears game?

Finally unlocked the 100,000 pt drift lap achievement. A whole 5G for my efforts. Yahoo!

I'm so proud of myself. :dozey:

Hey... It's nice to set goals and beat them, at least.

And anyone who has ever played Forza can tell you what a P.I.T.A. that one is...

Only 2 more, and I'll have them all for that game. It's gonna take me a long while to get those last 2, though... but I'll do it eventually... or die trying...

Finally unlocked the 100,000 pt drift lap achievement. A whole 5G for my efforts. Yahoo!

I'm so proud of myself. :dozey:

Hey... It's nice to set goals and beat them, at least.

And anyone who has ever played Forza can tell you what a P.I.T.A. that one is...

Only 2 more, and I'll have them all for that game. It's gonna take me a long while to get those last 2, though... but I'll do it eventually... or die trying...

How the hell did you do that? That's the most impossible one I've ever seen ;x

I made a Ford Fiesta that has most of the same specs as Ken Block's current car, seen here:

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

4-wheel drive, turbo, lightened, but upgraded to race spec. (Class S or better...)

I figure if he can power-slide it on tarmac, so could I. I found it easier to control than the "Drift tune" cars you see on the storefront. Those are always kind of sloppy feeling to me. I could never drift properly with that type of car. This one was predictable and controllable when you needed it to be.

Then I turned off all the assists (traction control, ABS, etc...) had the braking line on, and went up the Fujimi Kaido full course in hot-lap free-play mode.

I didn't go super fast... keep it in 2nd. I didn't do manual shift... but that's an option. But just before getting to the corner, I'd turn in and tap the e-brake (like Ken does in the vid.) Then tap the throttle when the rear-end breaks loose, and countersteer into the drift.

But it took a couple of tries. I got a 97,000 point lap the other day... and I was screaming expletives at the screen after going through all that just to come up a couple of points short.

Oh... and you can use the rewind feature all you want when you do it. It won't invalidate the achievement. If you can get over 50,000 before you reach the summit, you are bound to get it.

I took a break for a few hours in between. Paused the game, shut off the TV (but obviously not the XBox...) and walked away for a while.

I was up to about 150,000 when I crossed the line.

I'll gift you the car if you want to give it a try...

12 year Glenlivet :thmbup1:

yummy!

Giants are falling apart, and Eli isn't helping the G-men by throwing the ball up for grabs.

Well i think the next game is going to be a good one. Considering the Packers almost beat the Patriots with their Backup QB 31-27, and the bears got a shellacking at home from the Patriots. I still think the Packers are the better team over the Bears

want to make a friendly wager on the outcome of the next Packers/Bears game?

lol judging the bears on probably their worst game in the last 2 months, and the packers on their best,isnt exactly fair :D

I might be game for a wager, however, with the vikes incredible display last night, I am not sure who all chicago is going to rest.

wouldnt be fair to wager if say, urlacher, briggs, peppers, and hester don't play :thmbup1:

its atleast likely they dont play the whole game, and I'll be surprised if Tinosamoa plays at all since hes been banged up

wouldnt be fair to wager if say, urlacher, briggs, peppers, and hester don't play :thmbup1:

its atleast likely they dont play the whole game, and I'll be surprised if Tinosamoa plays at all since hes been banged up

You see the long list of Packers injured? 13 players in the injury report., compared to the bears 3, yet you are worried that 3 players might sit and void the results of THE biggest rivalry in the NFL?

And to quote the Bears Coach

"We plan on playing our guys. this week," Smith said according to the Milwauke Journal Sentinel. "I don't know what else I need to tell you besides that."

stop the excuses, and man up:thmbup1:

Archived