Home

XWA one year thread V: A Slightly Better, but Used Hope

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So,

I made sure that I found my paperwork that I filled out during my early days of being in the navy....

wait for it....

Navy College Fund $50,000

+ the current Gi bill

Just wait 7yrs and I'll ask for my LF screenname to be changed to "Dr. Kookee" :joy:

Home.

Finally... typing on a real keyboard! And a large screen! What a luxury!

Travel was a bit of misery. Snow kinda sucked... but the roads were actually all right.

A pile of letters and hundreds of emails to sort through... tomorrow. Haven't even unpacked my car yet. I think I'll hold off telling most people I'm back... I refuse to get behind the wheel tomorrow.

My knuckles are actually raw from holding the steering wheel for that many hours.

But I had a good time! I want to plan another road trip again... just not right away.

I drank too much last night now Im hurting

same here...captain and cokes....i went overboard since the price was right. hate when that happens. got home at 3, was up by 7:30 and at work a little after 8. got done at 5pm..and no work tomorrow. i want to go out again but it's too damn cold and i am actually tired...and i don't have enough gas to make it down there and back without having to stop at the gas station.

Did NOTHING yesterday. Felt good. Damn good.

(Actually, I played 7 hours of Forza or something ridiculous like that... still, it wasn't at all productive... and that's the point.)

Took care of some outstanding chores today. Hung with M. this evening. Her new roommate moves in tomorrow... so she wanted to have some folks over before she loses the place all to herself.

Plus: she had a lot family drama to unload. Wacky story. Sounds like a Dickens novel... or some soap-opera plot.

Speaking of girls and family drama.

My girlfriend called me and her mother has been dealing with shingles the last few weeks, and her white blood cell count is down to dangeous levels. They stopped the Chemo until it gets better.

sounds to me like the beginning of the end.

Tenjin my kitty has become quite a pill, he doesn't like the outside because it is too cold, which is causing him to be a bit stir crazy. He sometimes comes up to me and lets loose a very long and loud meow then when i get up he runs off wanting to play "Chase"

He has also been staying up late and using my body as a launch pad

Archived