Home

XWA one year thread V: A Slightly Better, but Used Hope

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They said any photography or video is strictly prohibited, but that the media will be there, documenting the event. So perhaps there will be a video.

play a few sour notes dude!!!! get on youtube!!

what i would do is play really good then just hold the most annoying key down for like 5 minutes or until someone kicked me off. it would be historical.

So... My car is in the shop.

This cheap little vacation of mine is turning out not to be so cheap after all. :dozey:

One of the lights turned out to be nothing (airbag sensor just needed a reset.)

The other? Well... Could be a big job. And they found a few other things they think need work.

I authorized a few of the repairs... Put off the rest until I work up some savings again.

I'm getting a 2nd opinion on a few of the things. Not sure I really trust this dealership repair place anymore.

This will probably be the very last time bringing it there. I doubt I would have this time... except I knew I had an outstanding recall that needed to get done.

Had a great curling game today.

US__ 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 2 1

THEM 1 0 0 2 1 0 1 0 0

In the 7th end, they had a chance for an easy take out and score 4 (And pretty much win the game) but they missed it and only scored 1. We then were able to keep the house open in the 8th and split the house, trade take-out and score 2 tying the game.

In the last end we were able to plug up the middle, and i was able to draw a rock in to be shot. They had one chance to make a down weight take out... misssed. Then we guarded the take out, and they were left with some crazy shots which they missed and allowed us to win

The best part was, my last shot was the winning shot :) Yea me!

Well, I'm back from playing with the BSO. It was awesome. I was fortunate enough to sit at the first stand, right up there by the conductor. Strathmore is a beautiful concert hall, and it sounded amazing. I remember getting out there and sitting down and thinking that I was sitting right where I saw Alfred Brendel give his last concert from in the United States last year, and where I saw Andras Schiff play Beethoven's Op. 31 piano sonatas and the "Waldstein", and where I have seen the BSO play many times. It was amazing to be on stage playing with them. And I even managed to play some of the right notes, too!

Well, I'm back from playing with the BSO. It was awesome. I was fortunate enough to sit at the first stand, right up there by the conductor. Strathmore is a beautiful concert hall, and it sounded amazing. I remember getting out there and sitting down and thinking that I was sitting right where I saw Alfred Brendel give his last concert from in the United States last year, and where I saw Andras Schiff play Beethoven's Op. 31 piano sonatas and the "Waldstein", and where I have seen the BSO play many times. It was amazing to be on stage playing with them. And I even managed to play some of the right notes, too!
Bravo!

I had a concert that can only be described as "chaos." 10 different bands, none of which were at all similar to each other, some with dancers... and the show's producer wanted it to be seamless, with no visible set changes.

EXCEPT: He is the most unorganized person I've worked with in a long time.

Doesn't make for a winning combination.

Zarg: A few small things. My antenna lost a gasket that sits at the base, that if it doesn't get replaced, could start to let water in. But it's a $350 part... and only God knows how much for labor. :eek:

I saved the old piece, and I think I can fix it good enough myself with a little duct tape and epoxy... :rolleyes:

And they are telling me my rear brakes are shot again. I just had that done a few years ago! :mad: Can't be more than 10,000 miles on them.

Taking it to Midas and see what they say about that.

This trip keeps getting more expensive, and life keeps getting more frustrating.

Just got a ticket in the mail from the DC police. Photo radar trap. $50 for doing about 10 over. Swell.

I don't even remember what street it was, and when it happened... But I can only hope I went past there once... Or I'm sure I'll be getting more. I don't rember seeing too many limit signs around the city. Normally, the traffic was so bad I probably never got up to it. At least that's my hope.

:rolleyes:

aw you shoulda guitar herod that **** or something. ah at least you had a good time though and got to be a part of something cool. (for the old people)

ended up at the woodlands in wilkes barre last night....no cover...$1 drinks. 1 drink=10 of the ones i get at the other place though....and i had like 8. it was epic. especially considering i had a full bottle of EndoRush before i went in. crashed at my friends place cause i was way too tired to drive the rest of the way home. he threw up out the window on the way to his place, which was funny as hell cause this morning it was smeared all over the side of my car. gave me a reason to give the car its 2nd bath. lol

hungover all day today, went into work a little late. decided not to go check the jersey shore thing out. even though i was kinda looking forward to it, going to save money for next thursday!!

i had both my cameras but didnt take any pictures at all yesterday. :( oh well. next time, maybe.

A local radio morning show called "The morning sickness: is having a contest to win a valentines day spa package to "Beautiful reflections". I sent mine in with a poem

As we floated up and down the river,

I knew she had my heart forever.

We phone each other twice a week

Say sweet goodbyes before we sleep.

Every month someone has to travel

Before the strings of our hearts unravel

I find her beauty comes from inside

Make her just as beautiful, outside

With a gift from Beautiful Reflections

The morning sickness brings her: perfection!

Spent the afternoon/ evening hanging with M. (It was her birthday yesterday... but I was too busy with work to spend time with her then.)

Looked at a bunch of places that might be suitable for her next production. Went and saw an acoustic coffeehouse type concert of some people we know. Then ended up at a friend's restaurant where I bought her dinner, and they brought out a cake (it happens to be one of the owner's birthday too... so it was made into a joint celebration.)

Looks like I'll be hanging with her all day tomorrow, too. Gonna pick her up and take her over to the rehearsal space where they are going to read through the new production. Then meeting up with a friend of hers for some kind of dance/ workout party she's throwing.

I'm not so sure about that... but looks like I'm in for the full stretch on this one... no pun intended.

Archived