Home

XWA one year thread V: A Slightly Better, but Used Hope

that chick i met online that's in spain and 'trying to get home' managed to 'have her agent send me a check' for $2510. it's probably a stolen check or fraudulent, though it has perforations so it's not a copy. she wants me to cash it and transfer her the money via western union. idk what to do/tell her. i don't want to get in trouble.

what should i do?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
that chick i met online that's in spain and 'trying to get home' managed to 'have her agent send me a check' for $2510. it's probably a stolen check or fraudulent, though it has perforations so it's not a copy. she wants me to cash it and transfer her the money via western union. idk what to do/tell her. i don't want to get in trouble.

what should i do?

Cash it and keep it. :dozey:

That whole situation is shady as hell.

My cousin got involved in something similar to that once... but the cops and the FBI showed up at her door as soon as she took delivery of the package they wanted her to transfer.

So... just sayin'. I'd steer WAYYYYY clear of the situation... but that's just me.

I am most useless laziest person in the world
Lies! :mad:

I am. :dozey:

Did NOTHING today. Slept most of the day, actually.

R15. go here save us the trouble of saying "I told you so"

Had a great weekend with my lady. Watched Surrogtes and Planet 51 Ate Lasagna, garlic bread, veggies, chocolate mousse. Drank Pink Flamingos

Bonded with her dad a bit (Went well) and even was able to spend some time alone with my Lady. Tho "exercising" was out since she didn't want her parents to hear. :(

Broke fast with her parents at a diner. Then went to a Catholic Church with her (she's more catholic, while I am Lutheran... one major issue between us that needs solving) then We saw a house and we think it is the one. I am really pushing her to get it. she is going to be talking to the bank Monday about getting a loan.

Got back home to Curl... easy game. WOn it 8 to 2 in 5 ends. My team was lights out.

what should i do?

oh dear r15

If she is having sex outside of marriage and thinks she isn't going to hell, I don't think you will have much difficulty with that.

isnt that why you repent later :)

r15: that fact that you are even thinking about doing anything with that check is worrysome.

kookee:

%5BG4B2S%5DKookee.png

Zargon.png

Gunner, when did you have a lil' girl, or did i just forget? ;_;

Syracuse beat vermont tonight, almost list it at the end of the first half, but keep up the heat and whomped on Vermont 79-56. Got Gonzaga this sunday. Lots of upsets this year is making predictions hard.

We had a little girl about 8 1/2 years ago. :thmbup1: LOL! Gabe had a baseball game Sat morning. We got the "W" then we went camping with his boyscout troop.

now I'm at work waiting for the over head crane to get fixed. It went down at 7AM and now it's 12 and it still is broke down.. The day is draging ass, thank goodness for the internet ,although I am almost to the end of it already.

well i called up the bank that the check was from and told them the account number to verify if the check was legit, and the csr said that no account exists with the numbers from the check. so i told the girl to fire her agent. she got pissed said i wasnt wanting to help her so i said i was at work and i'd discuss it later with her. (coming up with some explosive outburst/guilt trip to put on her)

good times.

She's a con artist... I don't think guilt-trips work on them...

:dozey:

Have fun with it anyway... but at some point it's best to just let it go and don't piss off anyone who might be tempted to try and make your life more complicated.

Spent the afternoon/ evening soundchecking and rehearsing tomorrow night's show.

At least that makes my day tomorrow much easier.

I've felt kinda lousy all day, though. Made for a very long-ish day.

At least I can sleep in tomorrow morning... maybe...

looks like rain tomorrow. :( i dont have to work at least.

going to the gym at 6. once the weather clears up i'm going to start hitting up the track at 5 like i used to do, need a damn stop watch so i can time myself though and see how much better or worse i've gotten. hoping i am at least within 10 seconds of my target since i just knocked my 30 minute run up to 6 miles per hour.

still, no weight loss. as of now, i weigh 197. I suppose it's a bit because i did weigh 205 a month or 2 ago i think. i really need to get my weight to 170. no more alcohol until i reach that goal. i'm going to attempt to only drink water and nothing else.

oh yes, i have started weight training. on my 3rd week of that.

I find it hard to beleive you even asked what to do with this girl/money. Strait into the garbage. It is a con/scam what ever. Bottom line, you will end up getting screwed and not the good way.

Going to Arizona tomorrow. Sweet! BTW, it just also happens to be the big guys birthday as well tomorrow. :thmbup1:

i pretty much told her off when she messaged me today. :joy:

and eh, what previous experiences? i've only had 1. and that was over a year ago...

got a good workout in today. really feeling the burn in my triceps from yesterday plus all the pushups and chest workout i did today.. ran over 5 miles too. 6 miles per hour is pretty easy, so i ran that for 30 minutes then ran 20 minutes at 5 miles per hour to 'cool down' next week upping my 30 minute run to 6.5...

I find it hard to beleive you even asked what to do with this girl/money. Strait into the garbage. It is a con/scam what ever. Bottom line, you will end up getting screwed and not the good way.

Going to Arizona tomorrow. Sweet! BTW, it just also happens to be the big guys birthday as well tomorrow. :thmbup1:

have a good one dude!

enjoy the trip!

Archived