Home

XWA one year thread V: A Slightly Better, but Used Hope

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two young Mexican ladies working at the pretzel stand in the mall were totally checking me out today when I went to buy a pretzel. They were talking to each other in Spanish about it. They were being a bit quiet, but the one who gave me the pretzel clearly said to the other, "Yes, he is very handsome." Obviously, they were assuming I could not understand them.

So, fellows, what should I have said?

A) Si, y entiendo el Espanol tambien! (Yes, and I understand Spanish too!) - To totally embarrass them.

B) Si, y tu eres muy bonita! (Yes, and you are very beautiful!) - To hit on the one giving me the pretzel.

C) Say nothing and get back to the office.

Obviously I picked C, because I am the most boring human being who ever lived, but it does kind of feel like a wasted opportunity.

Keyan, opportunity seldom knocks. Even if you embarrassed them (or one) it would have been so worth it. find out when they get done with work and sit down over some coffee, or drinks.

if anything it will raise your confidence levels

and who knows, next time you might get a free pretzel

I might have gone with option A.) if I didn't find them attractive... option B.) if I did...

But most likely: I'd have gone with C.) as well,.. simply because I just never do well in those kinds of situations... and any conversation I might have been able to spark in the moment would have simply died a horrible, awkward demise after a mere sentence or 2.

Keyan, opportunity seldom knocks. Even if you embarrassed them (or one) it would have been so worth it. find out when they get done with work and sit down over some coffee, or drinks.

I'm looking for a little more than just thinking I am handsome.

if anything it will raise your confidence levels

My confidence levels are fine.

my endurance for running is pretty good...hoping i can hold up to 6.5 mph for 30 minutes on monday. 1 more day of 6 mph. I need to pick up a stopwatch...

got 1 more con artist that wanted to be my friend on facebook. i wrote her a message asking who she was, she replied and said to get on yahoo instant messenger so i replied and told her flat out i dont have money and i won't cash any checks for her. haven't heard from her since. :D

I did my taxes today... getting about 3 grand back. Not too shabby.

Combine that with the HUGE paycheck I should be getting for all my extra work last week (I calculated it to almost 5,000 dollars before taxes...) and I should be in pretty good financial shape for a while.

I hope...

New computer time? Finally?...

I did my taxes today... getting about 3 grand back. Not too shabby.

Combine that with the HUGE paycheck I should be getting for all my extra work last week (I calculated it to almost 5,000 dollars before taxes...) and I should be in pretty good financial shape for a while.

I hope...

New computer time? Finally?...

Definitely, Ed. You could probably get a gamer-class desktop for around $1K-$1,500 now. :)

Yeah... and with the Xbox, I don't foresee doing much gaming at the PC... so it doesn't have to be bleeding-edge. "Good" will do.

If only I can keep the forces of the universe from finding ways of taking all that money from me before I get a chance to order the compy...

Keyan, I probably would have gone with saying "gracias!" and then tell her, in English, that you thought she was pretty as well, or something to that extent. Unless you're in a spanish speaking country, I'd say it is always best to speak in english to Latinos even if you understand spanish, unless they indicate otherwise.

honestly, i would just pony up for a decent rig (i.e. sub $700) that has the ability to be upgraded for gaming. computers are dirt cheap these days.
Well... I'm also at the point where I have to upgrade all the peripherals (monitor, printer, scanner, etc...) as they are all also approaching the decade mark as well. (And I doubt any of them have drivers that work in Win 7...)

A decent LCD, and an all-in-one scanner/printer will bring the package price up a bit.

My speaker system is still fine, however... as that is only a couple of years old due to the lightning strike that fried the last one.

But I might take some of the money to get a HDTV for downstairs, and a Blu-Ray player as well...

But my current PC is such a dog that it has to be my first priority. But like I said: Most of my hardcore gaming (what little of that I have time for these days...) will be done on the XBox. The PC just needs to be able to play my older games.

Oh... I guess I might need a new joystick too, if I want to break out any X-Wing titles... Hmmm...

Yeah... I'll look into it.

Haven't seriously thought about new computers in a while, so I'm going to have to do a little research again.

It HAS to have 7.1 sound (since I have a 7.1 speaker system already set up.)

I'd like a Blu-Ray reader and a DVD RW drives.

A video card good enough to play all my older games at full settings with no frame rate hit (which really shouldn't be a problem... my newest PC game is over 5 years old at this point...)

The fans should be quiet, since the PC lives only a couple of feet from my bedroom.

Other than that, I have no particular demands. Lots of hard-drive space, and RAM... but that's pretty standard these days, I think...

Archived