Home

XWA one year thread V: A Slightly Better, but Used Hope

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Gabe's baseball team continues to roll. Last night they pulled out a close one 5-4 to take their record to 9-0.

It was Gabe's birthday last Sat. In the morning they had the daffodil parade in Tacoma and before the parade gets started they have a YMCA run. (Both gabe and Danielle go to the local Y) 1K, 1 Mile and 5K were the race distances. Danielle ran the 1K... 4.37 was her time and Gabe did the 1 mile.. 7.17 He started off trying to keep up with all the "studs" and really got burnt out, he has done it much faster.. But they both enjoyed it, the wife said next year we are all doing the 5K... Huh..:eek:

Then he had his party that night. Him and his friends went to the local park and played flag football for more then an hour before eating us out of house and home. Great time though. :)

you a**, I told ya to get the PC version XD

i dont have money to buy a pc that can handle it...sure i could have bought it if i wanted something to set my drink on...other than that it would have been useless.

5k isnt all that bad. then again im used to running that distance. (though my time would suck...i'd be near the middle of the pack)

wharrgarbl

There is a tea party movement, the Rally that Palin went to was funded and backed by a group called the Tea party Patriots. The TEA party is something else. Sorry but your rant went off the mark a little bit.

in other news...

Found out today that my Mother has a brain tumor. :( Doctor is going to be doing a Biopsy and removing it at the same time tomorrow morning. Dr is upbeat that he can remove it easily.

For the last few weeks my Dad and I have been noticing she has been acting weird. Getting days mixed up, not being fully coherent. But she also had good days and bad days.

prayers, good thoughts, mojo, etc. are appreciated and I will know more tomorrow after she recovers from the operation. Drs are saying that quite likely she will be home Monday

Ugh. Late nights... early mornings... a winning combination. :dozey:

Survived the show. Went reasonably well. No major train wrecks to report... just a couple of minor glitches that hopefully nobody noticed.

Short day at work... hopefully.

Video from last nights show: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/6209767

Ben E. King sang with the band last night, doing "Stand By Me" and "Spanish Harlem."

There is a tea party movement, the Rally that Palin went to was funded and backed by a group called the Tea party Patriots. The TEA party is something else. Sorry but your rant went off the mark a little bit.

in other news...

Found out today that my Mother has a brain tumor. :( Doctor is going to be doing a Biopsy and removing it at the same time tomorrow morning. Dr is upbeat that he can remove it easily.

For the last few weeks my Dad and I have been noticing she has been acting weird. Getting days mixed up, not being fully coherent. But she also had good days and bad days.

prayers, good thoughts, mojo, etc. are appreciated and I will know more tomorrow after she recovers from the operation. Drs are saying that quite likely she will be home Monday

OOOOH.

how nice of major news outlets to not separate them, my bad :(

as for your tax comments though, still off base dude.

in waiting room purgatory right now. Don't expect to know anything for a few more hours yet.

Oh and that romantic day I was going to have with my Girlfriend this weekend? Canceled. If anyone she should know what I am going through since as of this moment both our mom's have brain tumors. My Girlfriend is coming down Saturday, I need her at this moment. My Dad is rather stoic about the whole thing so it is hard to Empathize with him.

went to a battle of the bands concert thing last night...it was...****ing hilarious. little kids screaming their lungs out and jumping around like they're high on sugar. i was older than every band member that played, and one of the oldest there watching. it was fun.

got my 100' ethernet cable. im home on my lunch and there's no food here....apparently my parents eat all the food when i'm not home. guess ill be hitting up mcdonalds.

not sure if im going out tonight or not. my one friend wants to go to this place that is serving 25 cent drinks, but i work at 8 tomorrow so i think im going to tell him no.

been a month since i had alcohol.

Update:

After a 7 hour operation my Mom is recovering . She was talking tho slowly. But her color was good nad she had slight movement on her left side. She was tired and looked like she was in a big fight. I was able to talk to her and she understood me (I hoped) and squeezed my hand before she fell asleep.

Now she is on the road to recovery. Likely she will be staying at the hospital until she can walk. But everyone, including the doctors are upbeat and postive the worst is behind.

The only question for me, is how much of my mom is left, and will she come back. Knowing her she is going to be stubborn and want to go home as soon as possible

I just reached 4 weeks of being sober....so I decided to "celebrate" by asking this cute girl at work out. I got turned down. (she said she was kind of seeing someone right now, which I think is just the polite way for a girl to say '**** off, I'm not interested')

I'm feeling all sorts of hate.

I don't think that I will ever find a girl that I am attracted to that shares the same interests as me and will like me as something more than a friend, and that's if I can even find a girl that would give me the chance to find out.

I'm not giving up...just going to play a game to see how many rejections I can get in a week. If I get 5, I get to pick up a bottle of vodka...4 more to go!

Saw mom this morning. She was awake and said Hi to Kathleen by name (Good sign). was asking questions. but she was a bit drowsy. After a once over by the nurse she was even able to remember who was the Governer of California. Her left side is weak and we only got slight movement on her left big toe. No feeling in her side. But she was able to eat some applesauce (good sign)

I realize now with my Girl kathleen (Who has been a big help through this) is you are happy for every little step that brings her back to your ideal of normal.

She went and had an MRI done to dobule check her condition. Afterwards she had to do a #2 and wanted to use a pot, but the nurses were adament she had to use a bedpan (which she doesn't like).

My mom started with a pain in her foot, then a pain in her head, to being a pain in the A**. She is going to be fine, but it is a long road to recovery

Just put up one new ceiling fan. It doesn't work. **** I am going to replace the switch and see if that is the problem. If not, I'm going to have to tear that thing down and see if something else is wrong. I hate this so much.

Well, I replaced the switch and that fixed it. Then I moved onto the next one. And...it doesn't even fit. There are these...bolts or something that come down from the box on the ceiling that are too long for the fan motor bracket to fit up there. Why the HELL isn't this stuff standard? So now I have to stand on a ladder and try to cut bolts with a hack saw. ****

Archived