Home

XWA one year thread V: A Slightly Better, but Used Hope

It's a good game... but I never had the time to devote to playing it properly.

I've come to like games I can play in short bursts and still make forward progress. (Guitar Hero; Forza...)

An epic RPG is just not really the game for me right now...

Spent the evening over M.'s place trying to seal windows. Tough. It's a seriously drafty place. I think I stemmed the worst of it... but all the plastic sheeting I put up is billowing in on the windows like the sails on a Spanish galleon.

I froze my *** of there while I was working. I can see why she complains. Her place costs a lot of money, and it's that cold and drafty... yikes!

She's going to have the landlord over to look at the window plastic bulging in like that (on closed and locked windows with the storms down) and see what he thinks. He should knock half the rent off... or agree to pay the heating bill all winter if you ask me.

Took her to eat afterwards at a Japanese hot-pot/ soup place. Nice hot soup. And hot Sake (for her...)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you too!

where is 'back' in the back from new york for you now?

Ah, yes, "back" means back in Maryland, US. By the way, one lesson learned from New York is "do not visit any museum (open exhibitions) during the holidays"... Nice sunny day with snow here. Should prepare well for the first exam, which is next Wednesday.

my car broke down today! :D

my friend is going to try and help me fix it. we're thinking it's bad spark plugs and wires. they havent been checked/changed since i had the car. and with it not starting the other day, it makes me a little worried. once that's taken care of i gotta get a new belt for one of the parts cause it makes an annoying squealing sound.

had oil changed and that didnt help anything (didnt think it would). hopefully that didn't contribute to the car just being lame (i was STUPID and didnt change the oil since march, kept putting it off 'til next payday'). what happened was i was driving to work and the 'service engine soon' light came on, but its not steady, it's flashing. and the worst part is i was like before that 'i gotta put this car in for oil change TODAY since i got cash on me!' anyways the car seemed to lose power (not that it had any to begin with) but not so much like a transmission problem and its shaky when it drives. so after i got the oil changed i checked my fluids, anti-freeze was a bit low, but not empty so i topped that off, and i put dry-gas in the gas tank for the hell of it.

then when my friend had a look at it, he said his car acted the same way a while back and he needed new plugs, so he pulled on a wire that connected a spark plug and reseated it and the engine wouldnt turn over. so i bought spark plugs and checked advanced auto parts which was nearby, and they could only overnight the wires so i said hell with that. my friend is going to pick up the wires tomorrow and bring his tools so he can try and fix it tomorrow before i have to work.

hopefully he can get the wires.

Ed, you should be offering to keep her warm, if ya knowhutimean.
Yes. I do.

But there's still a certain standoffish distance that she keeps maintaining. Right now she is struggling with a lot of issues, and is pretty stressed (and more than a little depressed, I think...) Doesn't really help for making a relaxing, romantic mood.

Plus: The other night at dinner she was telling me of all the guys that have been in her orbit over the years that she has had to cut loose because they were very friendly and helpful to her at first... but only because they wanted a special "reward" from her for it.

So: If I make that move in the wrong way, I will be joining their ranks... I know it.

But I also don't want to be 'that guy'.

I was over it before the temp dropped below 60. :dozey:

We had such a crappy spring/ summer/ fall here last year that I didn't get nearly as much outdoor time and exercise as I have in the previous years.

I hope it's a brief season, and the warm weather reappears quickly.

Ed.. name me a guy who doesn't want a special reward for helping out a cute girl. Probly is gay. The issue is to respect them afterwards and realise if things don't work out that the friendship will never be the same. That is a big step, and it is something you both have to talk about.

Confidance man, act like you are the best man she is ever going find, and she will fall into your arms.

As for me, going to do some curling today. A bonspiel. Lots of pie will be there since it is a pie-themed bonspiel. Good pie... Dessert pie. Not cream pie in your face pie.

At work I have been the guy to unload railcars. Kinda cool to play with real railcars when a lot of other people only get to play with the toy kind. Wednesday I unloaded 3 railcars with a forklift which totaled 500,000 pounds of butter.

Ed.. name me a guy who doesn't want a special reward for helping out a cute girl.
Yeah... but I know I have to approach it in the right way, or she won't hesitate in kicking me to the curb with the rest.

That is a big step, and it is something you both have to talk about.
Now is not the time for that conversation, however. She is really stressed and down right now. I have to let her work through this stuff and start to feel better about life before I spring something new on her. It would not go well if I try any tricky stuff right now.

However: it looks like she has a new real-estate client and the promise of a very good commission in the works right now... and she already seemed in a much better mood when I spoke to her last night. (It kept her late at the office, changing our plans last night... but I'll be seeing her tomorrow.)

Archived