Home

XWA one year thread V: A Slightly Better, but Used Hope

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Practiced today as usual, but threw back-to-back games over 200 for the first time in quite some time, which made me feel better about my bowling than I've felt in a while. :D

here take this:

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

9366~Better-to-Have-Loved-Lost-Posters.jpg

Saw this yesterday. Thought it might be apropos to a few folks here...

Had a pretty decent day hanging with friends on the North Shore. Drove back home through some wild thunderstorms.

Back is still achy... but I'll live.

here take this:

I think I saw that one...hehehehehe! I think it's Chris Barnes' famous "Flying Eagle" trick shot w/ the front pin on the opposite lane of the pair from where Barnes sets it up. Of course, Barnes just shoots it straight up, too, not w/ his back to the pins and between his legs like this guy.

This comes to mind for me

Poison - Alice Cooper (4m)

I got one friend that is ready to punch me for thinking about going back, and another is trying to play fairy God mother. Then "she" has been sending me E-mails and trying to call me.

Someone please call hollywood I got a great script for a sitcom

yeah, i love cell phones sooo much i wanna strangle the next person that tells me that i should get a 'new' phone.

the 'new' phone and its 'replacement' worked out sooo much i wanted to use my old phone again.

ah, happy days.

Technology run amok.

My iPhone does pretty much everything really well... except phone calls. For those I wish I had my simple little elderly Motorola flip phone back. Always had reception wherever I went and never dropped a call... on the same exact network.

Plus: It was far more comfortable to hold and talk on for more than 15 seconds. Sounded better (on both ends of the call) as well.

I work in the Back Bay of Boston. I'll PM you more specific details...

I'm working Friday... but it's flexible. I have to oversee the setup of a video shoot on our stage at 11am... but I could probably walk away any time after that.

k_k that sucks!!!

im pretty happy with who im with right now. :joy:

might be getting a job as a security officer soon...was at career link and applied, got a phone call from the place telling me to go onto their website and apply, and i just sent the online application yesterday. :)

the rotc program won't accept me because of my discharge. so if i want to be an army officer i gotta do 4 years of college and hope for the best when i put in application to OCS. thinking of going army reserves as an MP and going to the community college and taking criminal justice then either applying to OCS or State Police.

packing up the computer and moving it into the apartment! hopefully getting FIOS set up next month!!

Heading out tonight to get fish and chips on the beach with a lady friend from work... and then see one of her friend's band play in a nightclub there.

It's nice that I don't have to go too far to have a night out for a change.

Have to work all day tomorrow, so I think it will be a reasonably early night.

You'll be surprised, Ed...some shows @ the Beachcomber on Wollaston Beach get mentioned on WAAF's "Bay State Rock," especially this time of year. :)
That's exactly where I was.

The band was OK. Too loud... but I had ear plugs.

I actually walk or drive past that place 3 or 4 times a week, and I'm only a 5 minute drive or 15-20 minute walk away... but I never go there.

Of course, seeing live music isn't really much of a thrill for me at this point.

I really only went to keep her company. The bass player is in her church band, and is moving down to South Carolina next week, so this is his last show in the area, but she wouldn't have known anybody else there... and since it wasn't exactly "out-of-my-way"... what the hell?

We've decided to hang out and catch a movie together next week too.

Hola bitches. :thmbup1:

Ok, the past few weeks in no particular order....

My son Gabe played on the Bonney Lake/Sumner all-star little league team for the 11under team. They took 3rd out of the 10 teams in our district. A week strait of baseball games every night. Wife tore up her knee, torn ACL,PCL and miniscus and other junk... Went to Vegas Push my wife in a wheel chair all over hell ( it was 108*) and back and had a great time. Wife had orthoscopic surgury, know she will be out of commision for awhile. 4th of July was spent as some friends beach house, had a blast. This was about the 5th year in a row we have done this...

Kids are now in Sun River ( a resort in Bend Oregon) near Mt. Bachelor with same friends with the beach house. Since the wife just had her surgury she is not supposed to travel so we stayed home and the kids went. Very depressing.. :(

Now on my 2nd strait weekend of O/T..

Saw predators. Kick ass flick as some of you know...

Think that might be it. :)

interesting development. I sent a rather pointed e-mail to Kathleen my ex-GF Thursday night saying "we are done". Then I talked to our mutual friend an hour ago. and Kathleen was bawling her head off to her. She finally realized she F***ed up the relationship. now I am trying to decide if I want to talk to her again. Kind of nice being in the position of power.

Tho I know everyone is going to say "DONT DO EEET!"

Fool me once, sham on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me.

I personally wouldn't do it, 'cause I'm that kind of person. But if you do decide to go for Round 2, be very careful. Set terms and conditions. I would even go so far as try to be as emotionally detached as possible, because despite what you think, hearing about a woman crying her eyes out as opposed to seeing her crying her eyes out (also, begging, pleading, promising, ect) evokes two very different emotional responses. The latter may lead to some poor decision making.

In other news: 2 days.

Archived