Home

XWA one year thread V: A Slightly Better, but Used Hope

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
welcome to my world

here I am, a desk jockey, at work sunday AM

my job is so good. i walk for 90 minutes then sit and chat with my coworker for 30 minutes then watch cameras, clear door alarms for 90 minutes, chat for 30 minutes, go on another walk, and repeat. not a bad job at all. though i'm considering going for lethal weapons training certification so i can go for an armed guard position, better pay...work at a nuke site or somethin

so i start class tomorrow morning

actually i feel kinda awesome right now

I reviewed my credit hours completed

[edit]

at least I'm definately on track (kicks self at previously non edited post)

(i need to overview more XP)

And it's Monday again.. Went with my folks yesterday to go help my uncle get moved into his new assited living place. Found out a few things I never had learned before...

He was in the Marines for 8 years. Think he made Capt, maybe it was Sgt.. Then he went to WSU (Washington State) in the ROTC program then joined the Army for 24 years where he retired as a LT Colonel. He did 2 tours in Nam( 1 year each) and was in special forces/Green Berets unit. He also did some time in Iran way back when doing some work for the Shaw. Must of been in the 60s as some of his kids were born there....

Now he isn't doing to well. :(

Ed, I got my first bit of locally-produced music that I've purchased in years today, that being Asa Brebner's 2001 CD, "Time In My Way," which I got on Ebay and mostly for the cover version of a Dawgs original, "Jack's On Drugs," which has become one of my favorite Boston rock songs. The song's on my MP3 player now, so I'll try to remember to bring it if we ever meet. :)

So... Here I am in South Florida... Thinking about a hurricane... That might hit New England.

Why does that feel so odd?

Having a good, if quiet time.

Might tackle a road trip over to the Gulf Coast tomorrow or Wednesday.

Hmm... Except that leaves my mom there alone to batten down the hatches so to speak.

I don't imagine she's going to manage to be super thorough if she has to secure the place and evacuate... So I have no idea what I may be coming home to if it hits.

Oh well... There's nothing I can do from here. It will be what it is. If my place gets trashed, I'll just have to deal with it when I get back.

New projection (and I remembered it on the day this time)...

Posts to thread @ midnight, Aug. 31: 1,761

Projected posts to thread @ year-end: 2,642

(I rounded up...trying to be optimistic here)

My new "job" as my virtual league's secretary got started in earnest yesterday. I put up 2 new pages on the league site (including an "honor roll" page to recognize significant achievements in the league), decided on team composition and schedule (went w/ a 5-man league running for 16 weeks), selected the teams (we had a draft process to put 40 bowlers on 8 teams), and posted the season's rulebook and team list to the league blog. This took me to mid-evening yesterday. :D

next paycheck will have 36 hours of overtime in it....yayyyy!!!

nice!

I just got my vacation payout check from my previous employer(changed jobs 2 weeks ago)

holy crap.

almost double my regular paycheck but with only one week of me working on it :D

Archived