Home

XWA one year thread V: A Slightly Better, but Used Hope

RIght now my Favorite cheese is Airco, by Carr Valley Cheese. It is a sheep/goat/cow blend.

Airco is a hickory-smoked cheese made from sheep, goat and cow milk, brown-rind cheese with a gentle smoked flavor that perfectly balances the sweetness of the cheese. Airco Cheese has won several awards including 2003 American Cheese Society: 2nd Place; 2004 American Cheese Society: 3rd Place; 2006 American Goat Dairy Association: 1st Place; 2007 American Cheese Society: 2nd Place; 2008 World Cheese Competition: 2nd Place; and 2008 American Cheese Society: 1st Place.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The forum being down isn't going to help end-of-year postcounts. :dozey:

The GF's car died. Gonna make meeting up even more complicated. :( My mom might lend her car for a bit, since she almost never drives anymore. It hasn't been started in over a week, and I was the last one to move it.

Went to the Auto show yesterday. Fun times!

Took down her pics from a few pages back. She's been getting some creepy calls and letters lately, and has been getting highly concerned about privacy again.

Ugh, fixed a toilet last night. Had to put in a new flush valve and fill valve. It was only after taking it all apart that I realized the cut-off valve was not so good anymore, so I had to do the whole thing leaking water all over the place. Guess I'll have to replace that now, too. Also, I had to reuse some of the old parts, because apparently anything that says "universal" will be compatible with every toilet in the universe except mine. Screw you, guys who invent plumbing stuff.

Fortunately, I do have something else to contribute to make up for lack of posts yesterday while database repair was taking place. :)

I bowled in another tournament yesterday, and was closer to the cut this time (34 pins). Actually had my best-ever tournament game, too (227 clean), but my last game did me in...just didn't find the pocket enough.

Sort of.

They are clearly people that her ex-husband has set upon her to freak her out. They have gotten pretty scary and threatening lately.

But I don't want to do anything to add fuel to his fire. She thinks he may have learned she is seeing someone, and in his mind she is still his property. He doesn't accept the divorce, claiming they are still married in "the eyes of God."

There's even more to it than that... but I really don't want to go into it here.

So far my record doing curling this season is 9-2. last night I subbed as a skip for a team. The other team was doing a take out game and wasn't very good at it. After 5 ends I was up 6 -1 and did a draw to the 4 foot to score two in the 6th end and they conceded. Drawing to the 4 foot would be like sinking a 10 foot put for birdy in golf.

So far my record doing curling this season is 9-2. last night I subbed as a skip for a team. The other team was doing a take out game and wasn't very good at it. After 5 ends I was up 6 -1 and did a draw to the 4 foot to score two in the 6th end and they conceded. Drawing to the 4 foot would be like sinking a 10 foot put for birdy in golf.

I don't understand a single thing in this paragraph. Except the part about golf. So good job on the birdy/drawing 4th thing.

For keyan the impaired pleb ;) I will break it down for you

1. In the 11 games of curling I have participated in as a player, I have won 9 of them, and only lost 2.

2. Last night I was asked by a friend to be a substitute for him while he was out of town. My position was skip (Captain, leader, quarterback)

3. The other team was doing a take out game. (using thier stones to hit our stones out of play) and was missing a lot.

4. After 5 ends (best analogy would be innings, or frames) of 8 total ends for the game I was winning with a score 6 to 1. (Usually one team scores 1 or 2 points an end, so think baseball as a comparison)

Archived