Home

dll files??

Skig

ok i recently downloaded a mod

and iopened it ip with PMMM or whaterever it is and the mod has new weapons new things but the new weapons aren't in anyfiles so i got curious and put the extra dll files in my mod and i had all the new guns and crap in gameplay. so i opened it up with winrar and the txt document was all symbols and a few real words these are dll files. i want to see how this guy did this or even find out how to open them the right way?

the mod is dark force mod

SOL ??

and i just experimented and put HEAD_DISMEMBERSHIP

or the other way around idon't remeber in notepad then changed the extension and saved it in my pk3

and when i sliced my lightsaber the head choped off

So can anyone tell me what it does or how to use it?

actually ther is no weapons.dat in there

and i converted his dll files in to my mod tested it and found out its in the dll cuase ihad everyweapon that fired execpt did not have any effects etc.

and isaw the weapon.dat defualt one for the game and i modified noghri stick now how do i get it to be a defualt weapon in game??? or even make a saber have and alternative weapon besides throwing and slicing or a different kata

ext_data/weapons.dat is only parsed for the SP game. It controls things like firing rate, etc.

We can't change the code for SP, because we don't have it.

For MP, we can't add in more weapons without taking out others. (Unless your mod has a serverside and clientside, and you manage to hack up the engine and tweak the networking so it sends playerState_t::stats[sTAT_WEAPONS] as a full 32-bit integer, rather than only sending 19 bits. (Hence 19 WP_ slots)

You can't just 'open up' someone's .dll and expect to see their source code. That's just not how code is compiled and dispatched.

You'd have to learn coding yourself and create your own mod from scratch - Which ain't no weekend retreat :/

If you do choose to learn coding, there's a few tutorials on obtaining and setting up the SDK, and there's still a bunch of us coders around to help - but the best way to learn is by doing.

You're not even a rookie in coding.

Opening a plaintext file in notepad is very far from coding.

'ini' is just an extension. It's not a defined filetype as-such. It's plaintext, parsed by a program to extract the data.

Coding/programming is nothing like that. Sorry.

alright i thank you for ur answeres but all i know is that it is the same as the dll in the base folders

and fyi i coded with ini FOR A GAME

so please don't insult me iam new and i don't want any trouble i apologize if i have done anything wrong to you

I'm sorry if I'm coming off as harsh or mean, I'm just trying to explain that what you think is coding, actually has nothing to do with coding.

The .INI files you're referring to, are plaintext files that contain data we can modify. It doesn't perform any logic like a program, it's just data to be used for a program.

A .DLL file is a 'Dynamically Linked Library', and contains machine code like an .EXE (Executable). The human-readable part you see at the end of the files are called 'Strings'. These are sequences of bytes that represent words used in the program.

Unfortunately, you can't open/modify either a .DLL or .EXE in human-readable form. (Technically you can 'disassemble' it and read the translation of the machine code, but that's not easy at all)

Basically, you'd have to make your own mod from scratch if you want to do anything.

Archived