Home

Star Wars the Clone Wars (Official Thread)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol, there are like 3 different spellings for it in this thread. I got it wrong too, but i checked: It's A,h,s,o,k,a

Johnathon got it right.

Just throwin' that out there.

Do you really think that developers would put in an immature kid in TFU 2? Really, a game which is made for teens and up.

If my calculations are correct, she'd be 34 in TFU1.

Wouldn't actually mind seeing her all grown up in TFU timeline. It'd be a very interesting sight.

More likely is she is going to get a new master by the end of the series or outright leave the Jedi. I don't think the writers have the balls to kill off her character, but considering she exists they'll probably have the gall to make her just disappear.

of course they would. Many of the little kids wish the characters lived on forever like in fairy tales. But heres the thing

Look at my earlier post. In the series, if you have watched closely, other people seem to berate Ahsoka, Emo Skywalker especially. All the more reason for what? Dark Side of Course. Or she would just take the Jolee Bindo path and say "**** the Jedi and the Sith, i'm going my own path" like you said.

I actually think Ahsoka will die before the end of the Clone Wars series and that will direct Anakin a step closer to turning to the dark side. He's already shown attachment to her.

Besides, Ahsoka was NOT in Episode III as Anakin didn't have a Padawan. So something happens to her. Sure, you may want to assume she could have been knighted, but you have to remember that she was barely leaving the Jedi Temple and given that Master-Padawan relationship when this series started so she's still very young and there are a short number of years during the Clone Wars. There is no way she would be ready to be a Knight by the time Episode III happens.

Besides, Ahsoka is someone who is a lot like Anakin in a way and the Council was hoping that if he saw some of himself in her that it would actually help him grow as a Jedi and it hasn't exactly worked out the way the Council had hoped, especially Yoda. Also, if she wasn't head strong and just obeyed everything she was told to do; basically more of a traditional Padawan that has been established, she would be a very boring character. She shows signs of a young teen with her headstrong attitude and thinking that she knows everything. I already know some my older siblings with teenage children can see a lot of her in their's.

But the overall conclusion of Ahsoka and the purpose would be to give someone to Anakin to become attached to and to lose to help build a stronger foundation on why he was able to manipulated to the dark side of the Force.

If Ahsoka is 13 in in 22BBY, she would be about 35, 36, 37, or 38 by FU2 depending on when it takes place.

did you read Shem's post?

Anyway, right on the money shem. But there is a big question there. There are two options here.

1. Ahsoka dies in the Series like Shem Said

2. Ahsoka turns to the Dark Side (multiple reasons. Watch the show and you would know)

3. Ahsoka leaves the order for her own path, like I said, the Jolee Bindo Path. But you gotta realize, LucasFilm is all about the Happy Happy Joy Joy stuff, and they won't kill off a character like that, because it would upset the younger audience. Well LF, you gotta make a choice

Thats the only thing wrong with clone wars man. Its a good show and all, but like everything, It has thousands of flaws. Ahsoka, the droids, the Jedi fighting styles (they should have Jedi who have double bladed sabers, dual sabers, and different colors besides green and blue), and the only type of ship they use are venetors, and acclimators. They should use hamerheads too! It would also be cool if they made some sort of refrence to Revan or the old republic. The only refrence I found is that Obi Wan Kenobi has a frigate called the Onasi in the movie.

Thats the only thing wrong with clone wars man. Its a good show and all, but like everything, It has thousands of flaws.

It has problems, but if there were thousands of flaws, the show would be nothing but a mass of mistakes. ;)

Ahsoka, the droids, the Jedi fighting styles (they should have Jedi who have double bladed sabers, dual sabers, and different colors besides green and blue)...

Ah, the issue of Anakin's padawan. I watched the Clone Wars movie earlier, and something occured to me. Why didn't any previous canon materials give Anakin a padawan? He's the friggin' Chosen One, for goodness' sake! If the Jedi Council had any sense, they'd grab the most powerful padawan they could find and apprentice him/her to Anakin as soon as Anakin became a Jedi Knight.

As far as how much you like/dislike Ahsoka...well, that's just a matter of opinion. ;) I happen to like her meself, at least after she cut out the 'Sky-guy' and 'Artooie'.

In Revenge of the Sith, the battle droids were shown to be rather funny. I, for one, am glad that the Clone Wars series acknowledges that. The other day, I got out the game Jedi Starfighter, and the monotone battle droid voices drove me nuts. The point is, the droid humor is a matter of opinion as well.

The only lightsaber colors we saw in the prequels were green, blue, and purple. (Purple crystals are extremely difficult to get, so they don't really count.) Since the prequels don't show any other 'saber colors, why should the series show any others?

...and the only type of ship they use are venetors, and acclimators. They should use hamerheads too!

Hammerhead-class ships stopped being used ~1000 BBY. It wouldn't make sense to have those ships in use during the Clone Wars.

It would also be cool if they made some sort of refrence to Revan or the old republic. The only refrence I found is that Obi Wan Kenobi has a frigate called the Onasi in the movie.

Why would there be references to Revan and Company? They lived four thousand years before the Clone Wars. On Earth, we sometimes reference events and people that took place four thousand years ago, but only rarely. This is just one planet. In Star Wars, people deal with thousands of important planets, not just one. I'd be impressed if anyone in the Clone Wars period thought about events a mere thousand years earlier, much less four thousand years earlier.

I love the Ahsoka character, but I don't think they should of made her Anakin's padawan. They should at least be good friends or something!

Without Anakin, Ahsoka is nothing. His interactions with her are shaping her character. If they were just "good friends", then Ahsoka's character would be entirely different (i.e. the Ahsoka we like wouldn't exist). Also, Ahsoka is the right age to be a padawan. If she wasn't Anakin's apprentice, she'd be apprenticed to Plo Koon or someone, and there wouldn't be a reason for them to be friends.

Thats what I'm sayin'! If she wasn't Anakin's padawan, she would make a good padawan for Luminara or Plo Koon.

According to the movie, the Jedi Council didn't think so. They apprenticed Ahsoka to Anakin because they knew having those two together would benefit both of them. Ahsoka would not only benefit from his teaching, but also learn obedience (and learn how to curb her tongue). Simultaneously, Anakin would learn patience teaching her (and putting up with her ;)), and he would become more responsible.

PS: You said that you think Ahsoka should just be good friends with Anakin, not his padawan. Like I said in my previous post, that simply wouldn't be possible. Either Ahsoka's his apprentice and his friend, or she's not his apprentice and just another padawan.

• 1 month later...
true, but she will die sometime within two more seasons or so. I almost was excited about one of November's episodes where she and some weird girl got caved in at some droid factory. When Anakin pulled them out, I screemed "NOOOOOOOO"

Some weird girl? You do realize how important to Star Wars Barriss Offee is, right?

Just out of curiosity, how many people on here over the age of 13 watch this show regularly?

I do.

I watch it, but i think Anakin is just the same jerk he always was. Heres my input: LucasFilm was so embarrased when Emo whiny skywalker was criticized, so they wanted to make him seem not that way. By making him seem less emo, it just elevates the fact that he was emo. Even if LF tries to make him seem less whiny, the fact still remains. He may not be as whiny in the Clone Wars, but he still a prissy little jerk.

Wrong. They did it this way because for some reason, Anakin was known during the war as Hero of the Republic. And we didn't got to see that during the movies. As well as his great friendship with Obi-Wan as stated on ANH, which by seeing the way he behaves during the prequels, makes no sense.

Now Ahsoka on the other hand should have been older, but still have the same personality. Now that I can see.

If she was older, and didn't have a master by then, she would have been on AgriCorps or something like that...

The clone wars is okay, but it is just the same story: Save the Galaxy from the Evil Seperatists. If the series were darker, and for teenagers and up, that would apply to my taste

Why do you like Star Wars movies? Because they are "dark and for teenagers and up"? :lol:

I'm not going to say specially who, and not necessarily in this thread at all, but it would seem like shows that are more focused on a younger audience gets on other people's nerves as if they will be looked at as immature people if they like it, as if they won't be view as grownups if they admit they like a show like this one. So they nit pick at it to try to prove their maturity. I know that is something that would happen if you're a teenager when everybody is going through so many changes and most everybody is insecure about themselves, but we're you become grownups, you have to remember that most anybody who is secure in themselves won't care anymore.

I can actually go and watch a kids movie with some of my younger nieces and nephews and totally enjoy it. But that's me. Mostly because there is an innocence about it that you don't get in an adult show that is actually refreshing.

Well said.

I'm just not really in the age group it was aimed at.

Well, I'm not in the age group Star Wars movies were aimed at. But I love them nonetheless.

true, but she will die sometime within two more seasons or so.

How do you know that? She can be delivered to another master (Plo Koon comes to mind)

true, but she will die sometime within two more seasons or so. I almost was excited about one of November's episodes where she and some weird girl got caved in at some droid factory. When Anakin pulled them out, I screemed "NOOOOOOOO"

Why so much Ahsoka hate? She was annoying in the movie and in the first half of the first season, but she's improved greatly since then. :) "Lightsaber Lost" comes to mind. She actually showed a darker side in that episode. :lol:

And, of course, she's stopped calling Anakin "Skyguy". That helps. ;)

^^^This.

I don't find Ahsoka annoying at all and I'm really glad she's part of the SW lore. I'm also very intrigued to see how they remove her from the story when the time comes, although I don't think that will happen until season 4 or 5.

I think she'll probably end up dying, further enhancing Anakin's attachment issues and developing his story of turning to the dark side, but there's always a chance she'll walk away from the order or something like that. Dave Filoni says he knows in his head how her story ends, and I'm looking forward to finding out.

Archived