Home

Yoda in Force Unleashed 2

RebornWookiee

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
. . . Just because Yoda's in it? I don't know, it seems a little gimmicky to me. Yoda's presence does not necessarily guarantee greatness as they could get his performance entirely wrong.

It might be great, don't get me wrong, but it also might not be.

I see your point but i dont think they'll mess it up. And im not basing the greatness of the game on yoda, im just saying im excited that he's in the game.

Well just come to think about it: A crazy(no offense) and intense game like the Force Unleashed where you blow AT-STs to pieces, there is not much of a chance that Yoda will just tell Starkiller things and then he moves on. You'll probably have to fight him for some reason and if you do, it can only be Prequel Yoda.

I bet that Yoda will play a role similar to Kreia from TSL in this game, if he is put in that is. Not that cruel, weirdo Kreia, I mean the wise, talk through the force Kreia.

Given that they're reviving a dead character to justify making this game in the first place, I'm sure they'll find some way to further wreck canon and throw Yoda in.

........... :dozey:

Did you not read this game is timed BEFORE ANH and AFTER EP3? Or are just making assumptions.Last I heard, Yoda died in ROTJ. ANH was 4 years b4 ROTJ.

set during the largely unexplored era between Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope.

Yep, yoda's still alive. Probably still battle ready as well. Case closed

Tom Kane is basically all Yoda's that aint Frank Oz, I agree that He doesn't sound like Yoda of the films.

This.

But Frank Oz has gotta be old don't ya think? and he's probably tired of the whole thing nowadays

true, but I think that a Kreia like influence would be an interesting aspect. Yoda would probably play that role if he was in it

I absolutely agree with you on that. I think its funny when people say he won't be in the game when he was in the trailer. That would be stupid if they just put his voice in the trailer and didn't put him in the game.

I absolutely agree with you on that. I think its funny when people say he won't be in the game when he was in the trailer. That would be stupid if they just put his voice in the trailer and didn't put him in the game.

It's happened before. So it's not totally out of the question.

........... :dozey:

Did you not read this game is timed BEFORE ANH and AFTER EP3? Or are just making assumptions.Last I heard, Yoda died in ROTJ. ANH was 4 years b4 ROTJ.

...Yep, yoda's still alive. Probably still battle ready as well. Case closed

Read the post. He's talking about Starkiller coming back from the dead, not Yoda.

• 1 month later...

I would love to see Yoda in this game but I think it conflicts with the movies if they really did include him in the final state of the game..

Since Yoda pretty sure immediately retires for Dagobah after the duel with Sidious to escape from Vader's hunt for the remaining Jedi.

To me, this would conflict with the movie storyline, as it's not right to see Yoda appear again after the duel with Sidious before leaving for Dagobah to me. But then again I don't count the birth of Leia and Luke where Yoda was present because it was a perfect situation for him to be there as I would say.

I think Starkiller should go to Dagobah, Kill Yoda, then destroy the emperer, give Luke a wedgie, Make out with Leia, beat Han at Sabbac, pull Chewies arms off, travel to the future to kill the Vong, and single handedly unite the galaxy... then for the DLC... Upon doing this he realizes he has trashed the movies so goes back in time and puts it all right, then dies, again.

Heh. I agree with the point you're making by use of sarcasm. The first game was cool, and it was kind of pushing it by making the Empire the progenitor of the Rebel Alliance by means of the character you control. It was risky, but it worked. They didn't try to overplay it. And for this reason, The Force Unleashed was meant to be a stand-alone game, with Galen Marek being a one-hit wonder. But this new game is sort of cheapening it by bringing him back to life and having him interact with every major plot point in the Saga, including Yoda.

Hopefully it will be tasteful, though. Only time will tell.

To all the people who think Starkiller is way overpowered, he may be but in the book he's written in almost a completely new light.

He really didn't defeat the Emperor, the Emperor lost on purpose gave up to try and tempt him to become his apprentice. Rahm Kota was thrown out of the battle but instead fell, and even Starkiller remarks that he believed he jumped. The Kazdan fight is done differently, so you get a completely new detail of the storyline.

Yeah, I loved the Kazdan fight in the novel and was hugely disappointed to find that the robotic Jedi Council members do not come to life and attack you in the game. I was also disappointed to find that the PROXY-possessed-by-the-Core subplot was absent, and that he never morphs into Anakin Skywalker.

• 3 weeks later...
Actually it was Yoda's Force attack that made both of them get knocked off after Yoda had lost his lightsaber IIRC, Yoda just wasn't able to grab on and Sidious did.

Yoda's involvement in the game will probably be great...it's a marketing gimmick...and it's working. I am not at all opposed to him being in the game. I think he will train Starkiller in the beginning of the game. Maybe they will even do a prequel mission like at the beggining of TFU 1, but you will play as Yoda...OMFG that would be awesome!!!

I do agree with most people on here, having Yoda in the trailer denotes that he will be a part of the game in some form or another. What form exactly remains to be seen.

As for the voice actor I thought it sounded good. If they need to recast the voice actor why not use the apprentice himself Sam Witwer because he also does an awesome Emperor and Yoda voice, all those voices and one actor, could be both cost effective and a huge time saver overall. Don't quote me on this but I think he did the voice of the emperor in the first game as well and I thought he was spot on, and I heard his Yoda voice in a skit he did for D20 Radio a while back. I thought that sounded pretty good too.

Archived