Home

Great Moments In Gaming

leXX

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
New "great moment": STALKER: Call of pripyat

Having each and every bloodsucker in the entire game scare the ****ing sh*t out of me

The first one ****ing grabbed me and started sucking my blood or something. I'm amazed I lived through it, I think my buddy got him off of me.

Also, though I could see the basement thing a mile away, it was still pretty messed up.

You mean this?

Sonic_1_MS_title.png

Although I never played the Master System version. The first I bought was for the Mega Drive.

Oh that brings back memories, the master system was superior to the mega drive one despite only being 8 bit. I think they tried harder with the artwork because they had less to work with.

My most recent great moment was in Arkham Asylum. After gathering the spores from Killer Croc's lair, I'm outrunning the big freak to get to the exit. As soon as I'm in the final tunnel, I stop and wait for him, not knowing I should still be running like hell. He jumps out of the water and comes straight for me. My batarangs are useless now. I break for the exit with him right on my heels and I'm thinking the end is nigh. Then I see my explosive gel in front of me. I get to the weak floor right as Croc is about to have me and I detonate it. The floor gives way beneath me and Croc sending us both plunging to our doom. I hit my R1 button and out of the mist shoots my lifeline, my grapple hoisting me to safety.

1519.jpg1520.jpg

I emerge from the pit victorious and struck by how truly awesome and Batman-esque that truly was.

I realized on the second play through that if you just keep running, you can wait by the pit and detonate the gel as Croc passes over it, but my accidental mad dash and skin of my teeth escape made for one of the more memorable gaming moments of my life.

Hmm

http://live.xbox.com/en-GB/profile/Achievements/ViewAchievementDetails.aspx?tid=%09]%3adh%29k%3f%0Bq

1015/1015 :p

ME2 Insanity is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do in gaming. There are so many ways to die its ridiculous. The most annoying thing was someone with shields/armor rushing you and killing you after you've been slowly taking everyone out for 20 minutes. When it came to the final boss, I took Garrus and Legion with me, equipped with sniper rifles, and I managed to take it down first go. That goes down as one of the greatest moments ever for me.

1015/1015 :p

ME2 Insanity is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do in gaming. There are so many ways to die its ridiculous. The most annoying thing was someone with shields/armor rushing you and killing you after you've been slowly taking everyone out for 20 minutes. When it came to the final boss, I took Garrus and Legion with me, equipped with sniper rifles, and I managed to take it down first go. That goes down as one of the greatest moments ever for me.

:bow: I'm not worthy.

Yeah, I've just imported my ME1 Infiltrator to run it with someone who can't just sweep the room with an assault rifle to see how that goes. Once that's done.. I'm going to tackle Insanity difficulty. Methinks I might have to re-drag my Soldier out for that one though..hmmmm or my Vanguard. She's quite.... lethal...

:bow: I'm not worthy.

Yeah, I've just imported my ME1 Infiltrator to run it with someone who can't just sweep the room with an assault rifle to see how that goes. Once that's done.. I'm going to tackle Insanity difficulty. Methinks I might have to re-drag my Soldier out for that one though..hmmmm or my Vanguard. She's quite.... lethal...

I love Vanguards in ME2. I haven't tried Insanity yet, but I went though the entire final level on my Vanguard just using charge and the Krogan Shotgun and I barely ever even lost my shields. I didn't have to reload at all.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry I dont have pictures. I will list the greatest moments of my gaming as best as I can remember in chronological order:

Defeating Bowser in Mario 3 NES and in Mario World in SNES

Exploring the sity and indoors in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles NES

Jurassic Park Ocean Music in SNES

Beating people up and vandalizing a car in Final Fight SNES

Rainbow road in Mario cart SNES

Fighting the emperor in SNES Return of the Jedi

Exploring the Lando of the Green Isles in Kings Quest 6

Fighting the Axem Rangers in Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars

Flying down Beggar's Canyon in Rebel Assault

getting past the bouncer at the club and using clever insults in Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

The end of Duke Nukem in witch he celebrates his killings by punting the final bosses head through the goal post.

Commanding armies in Warcraft 2: Tides of Darkness

Receiving the jedi's lightsaber in Jedi Knight

Mowing down pedestrians in Carmageddon 2: Carpocolypse Now

the 3D revolution of Mario 64

Anything in Pilot Wings 64

Star fox 64

The Skyhook Battle and the swoop bike chase in Battle in Shadows of the Empire

Building theme parks in Roller Coaster Tycoon

Using Taklit's Part in Indiana Jones and the Infernal machine

Learning to sneak in the shadows in Thief

Hacking and Slashing in Diablo

Disguising as a limo driver and Planting the Car Bomb in the limo in Hitman

Building characters in morrowind

Running from the cops in Need for Speed Hot Persuit

killing innocent people at Mos Espa in Phantom Menace

Exploring wonderland in American Mcee's Alice

Driving a car in a 3D streets while listening to the radio in Grand Theft Auto 3

The firsts fight in Beyond Good and evil

The Shalebridge Cradle in Theif 3

Finding out who Darth Revan is in Knights of the Old Republic

Battlegrounds in World Of Warcraft

Going through the intro sequence in Oblivion

The final battle in Assassins Creed

Killing the groom in a wedding in Hitman: Blood Money

Leaving the vault in Fallout 3

--

New moment would have to be the opening boss battle in God of War 3 with Poseidon. Nothing more epic than fighting off the god of the sea while climbing up Mt. Olympus on the back of a Titan. The pacing was so perfect then when you're in the final takedown, it's through the eyes of Poseidon.

Usually they make it all cinematic from a third person perspective. This time YOU are getting your ass kicked by Kratos. The last thing you see is that big, bald, pissed dude holding your head, then he plunges his thumbs down and the world goes black. A-FREAKIN-MAZING!

Great moment in Modern Warfare 2 for me tonight, was playin Ground War and got a match of Team Deathmatch on Underpass, and had an absolutely epic moment where I got rushed by 2 enemies with me using my ACOG'd Slight of Hand Stopping Power Steady aimed Intervention. I quick scoped the first one and got a headshot, and then no scoped the second one. This for me isn't exactly anything special, however, the no scope shot went through the wall behind him and hit someones Claymore/C4 also, which set off another Claymore/C4, which killed someone, giving me the "What The ?" and "Dominos" challenges complete, for killing an enemy using bullet penetration to shoot an explosive device through the wall, and killing an enemy by setting off a chain reaction of explosives respectively.

I shat my pants when it happened. The guy I killed must have been screaming bulls***.

Hm.

Super Mario Bros 3:

Beating it for the first time.

Finding the 3rd whistle on SMB3.

Beating SMB3 again, but this time PWNING with a sledgehammer suit.

Tonooki Statue-stomping out those flamethrowers.

Balancing on the bouncy clown balls fighting Iggy koopa.

Super mario World: Discovering that crazy mysterious island level

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

SMB1: entering the "-1" glitch level.

Figuring out the path to the true ending of bubble bobble.

Fighting Mike Tyson for the first time on Punch Out!

Home Alone 2: lost in new york where you have gone out the roof of Uncle Rob's townhouse and the bad guys are chasing you to the Tree.

Beating Zelda 1, 2 and 3.

Zelda 3: you beat down that wizard guy after he has kidnapped the maidens and the princess and sealed off their powers for Gannon. Then Gannon making himself known--then your final confrontation with him.

Zelda 2: This was NOT an easy game. So you finally get to the bottom hallway and figureo ut you have to thrust downward to the final lair, killing the magician and then wailing on the evil silhouette of yourself.

Zelda 1: After that whole 9th underground dungeon being very happy to finally see and fight Gannon. The ending was fair--probably pretty good for back then.

Fighting Onslaught on Marvel vs Capcom for the first time. Then beating him.

The finale of the storyline mode on WWE SmackDown! Shut your mouth. For some reason this game's storyline was just better than all the ones after it.

Realizing my dad beat Street Fighter 2 before I did.

In megaman X2 near the end where you find out Zero is alive again.

Acquiring the wrist mounted laser on combat sim for perfect dark.

Beating a Perfect Sim on combat simulator.

Kicking Jason's ass on Friday the 13th. Even if the ending was crap it was victory enough. That was a right pain to pull off.

All of the first 3 megaman games are one of my most cherished treasures. I find nearly every romhack made of these to be a tremendous compliment.

GTA: Vice City: The climactic final battle against Sonny Forelli. (Then again that may just have been b/c it was my first GTA game)

GTA4 final level on either choice.

Deal: it's finally killing Dimitri on Liberty island because you get to unload all that pent up frustration by exacting revenge in a sadistic slow manner.

Revenge: I liked the dirtbike to heli stunt on the last level. Watching Pegorino deperately flee in fear of you.

*hopes nobody thinks I'm a psychopath)

Ord Mantell Junkyard Train level on Shadows of the Empire--whole level was the most memorable. Second that would be the Gall Imperial base where you have to jetpack down the canyon, fight an AT-ST, and finally get to the ship landing to fight Boba Fett and his slave 1.

Jedi Outcast, where you are retaking the Jedi Temple on Yavin 4.

SNES Beavis and Butt-Head: Toppling that big fat billy bob guy, kicking Todd's ass at the high school, and getting to the GWAR concert.

Megaman X8 where Sigma finally dies for good. Though who you're left to fight right afterward is even worse.

Metroid 3: Ending. Then afterwards finding out there is a little "silhouette outline" trick you can do with the power bombs.

Metroid 2: This whole game was actually kind of special in itself. The home of the Metroids.

Matroid 1: Justin Bailey code or narpa's sword. Either way, 'nuff said.

Donkey Kong '94: After 101 levels, you finally get the girl back from that crazy ape's posession.

Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 where you get the ending that you have an entire planet to yourself with your face imprinted on it. Let's face it, being the anti hero is awesome.

ROTS Alternate Ending because it's nice to see what could have been.

StarFox 64: The real ending killing Andross and then being guided out of the self destructing complex by the ghost of your father.

Twisted Metal;

TM1: Endings of Darkside, Sweet Tooth, Hammerhead, and Mr Grimm.

TM2: More just the combat...though Minion's ending of revenge was pretty sweet.

TM3: Ok, the endings sucked hardcore--I got the jokes but they were so overdone most of them were'n all that funny. I guess, just drilling opponents to death as Auger.

TM4: That moment you finally kill the tournament boss, Sweet Tooth.

TM black: The endings all have their irony and they don't suck. Also, just all the nooks and crannies you can uncover.

TM Small Brawl: Sweet Tooth's ending. (What can I say? I like the serial killer clown with fire napalm hair)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles NES: Finally getting to the technodrome. I still have not beat it without game genie to this day. Though I got close.

Metroid Zero Mission...leXX and Lynk pretty much said it all for me already. :D

Zombies Ate My Neighbors: This entire game is an epic fun adventure. You're using the combined talent of both Lucasarts and Konami with their penchants for a modern mashup of horror parodies in a sort of "zombie apocalypse". You're rescuing your neighbors. Ah gawd I can't remember all the flicks it touched on...Moments:

When I discovered Dr. Bug, When I beat the Snakeoids for the first time,

Fought Dr Tongue in his tarantula form (nod to gremlins),

Finding the secret level "Day of the Tentacle" as a preview of their upcoming game, when I met the LucasArts and Konami team on the credits level--George Lucas standing out front to greet you and telling you to get back to work.

Odyssey:Legend of Nemesis : This is an old Mac game. (If you own a mac I'm sure even modern machines will play it)

Free copy: http://www.paranoidproductions.com/odyssey/index.html

Update patch: http://www.paranoidproductions.com/odyssey/files.html

One of the best storylines, and the most morally gray of any story for a game. I dislike the one part that makes a blatant nod to Karl Marx, but otherwise it's a great game. Drop me a line (I know some things the walkthrough doesn't! ;))

ME2 Insanity is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do in gaming. There are so many ways to die its ridiculous.

You aren't joking :eek:

Finally got off my arse and am doing my Insanity run. Sweet bejeesus it's frakkin' tough! I've already ran out of curse words to use. :¬:

I need to expand my vocabulary.. hehehe :xp:

I've already ran out of curse words to use. :¬:

I havn't ran out, but it is exhausting my vast knowledge of them.

Taking a break right now for moving, so any downtime I have is spent playing some MW2, but after we're done moving I'll pick it back up. Still have the assassin and justicar to get, as well as everyones loyalty missions.

On a related note, Tali's loyalty mission on insanity is the most poorly designed area ever. 99% of Insanity strategy is to hang back and snipe in open areas/, for 99% of enemies stay pretty still. 1% of them however rush. One of those 1% are geth. When enemies rush you, in an open area you usually have plenty of room to kite them, and they're usually the only enemy there. Tali's loyalty mission is nothing but fighting lots of geth that will either definately charge or randomly charge, and it's all in super small enclosed spaces.

That one definately stretched the limits of my patience :¬:

Some random moments I can list off from BFBC2 recently:

Getting a bunch of "Holy ****, did I make that?" shots with my missile launcher at Blackhawk helicopters. A ton of amazing, super long range headshots with my sniper rifle... Even yesterday I got 3000+ points in the first 5 minutes of the match just sniping properly. Had a situation where I fired my rocket launcher down a road, looked away (because I wasn't even aiming at anything in particular), and ding!, 4 kills (all on foot, too). Got a quadrupole stab combo.

And got into a match where I shot down a helicopter pilot 5 times in a row, then sent him a message "I HATE heli whores like you, stop it." -- because, yea, he used nothing but the helicopter. Then, on the same map, but the next match, I ran into him and his squad trying to defend one of their flags... and I killed him and all his buddies (around 5 or 6 kills in total) by myself, in open, submachine gun fighting and stole the flag in the end.

I'm getting better at this game. :D

Archived