Most disturbing place in KOTOR series

Which is creepier: Rakata Prime or Malachor  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which is creepier: Rakata Prime or Malachor

• Malachor
    • Rakata
    • Other
    • Yoda

None for me. For some reason both the KOTOR games fail at evoking an even remotely spooky or creepy atmosphere anywhere, unlike some other games (like System Shock 2, Bioshock, VtM:Bloodlines and even TES4:Oblivion on occasion).

Two words: haunted hotel. :freakout:

I agree that there isn't any place that's very creepy in the KotOR games, though some of those places certainly had potential. Peragus comes to mind.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Two words: haunted hotel. :freakout:

I agree that there isn't any place that's very creepy in the KotOR games, though some of those places certainly had potential. Peragus comes to mind.

Well, with that big ol' improvement Drewton's working on, who knows?

These places could get a huge leap in creepy levels.

Malachor is one of the worst. The Storm Beasts irritate me. but I think the prize goes to the tomb of Ludo Kressh. The apparition of Kreia and all the Hssiss set it off.

Definitely Palpatines secret sex chamber.

:eyes8: Thank you for placing such a wonderful image in my head Marius. Somebody hand me the mind bleach!

Uhh, Marius, your attempts to be funny is just wrong. Besides, That is just plain disgusting.

If you were a teenager or an adult you would understand, its an inside joke

anyway, Malachor is the creepiest for me, but i don't get creeped out easily. The only time which I got really scared was Knotts Scary Farm

Malachor just didn't seem like it was real TBH. The closest to that are desert wastelands during a storm (frightfully rare) and even then malachor is just so...off. Maybe it's the whole neon yellow-green light from the cracks in the surface. True, it is supposed to be galactic space sci-fi but still...this seemed more like an amusement park with a haunted house like in disneyland than a scary place TBH. It looks cool but I'm just not "feelin' it" like I'd feel a horror flick.

None for me. For some reason both the KOTOR games fail at evoking an even remotely spooky or creepy atmosphere anywhere, unlike some other games (like System Shock 2, Bioshock, VtM:Bloodlines and even TES4:Oblivion on occasion).

Not necessarily a bad thing, there has to be some games you can play after dark, after all. :p

This. Curiously have you played Borderlands or the Manhunt games? Those are good looking games and sort of set a dread and horror tone by the looks of them.

Korriban. Both games.

WHAT ARE THOSE VOICES WHISPERING TO MEEEE?!

Aye to that. Korriban is the most memorable planet from KotOR II for me, and the moment where you first see Kreia/Darth Traya in the cave was a excellently orchestrated one. The overall captures the empty, sunken atmosphere of KotOR II perfectly.

If I compare Malachor and Rakata Prime, then Malachor wins in the creepy category. Rakata Prime was a cool lost world, while Malachor was a dark place controlled by the Sith.

If I consider all the planets, then I definitely agree with Sabre and TR when they say Korriban. While no planet in any of the two games was that scary type of creepy, Korriban was definitely one of the more interesting ones.

I would say Malachor, but it's more of an annoyance due to having to hunt down all the Storm Beasts, so i'll go with Korriban too.

All of my little slaves echo my sentiments. :dev11: *Points at post #2.*

Agreed, and Palpatine didn't even exist in KotOR, Marius you perverted freak.

OH come on, Palpatine is a dirty old man and you know it.

Definitely Peragus. It has the whole horror movie-esque plot: everybody's dead except you, and you have to find out what happened. It was incredibly chilling wading through all of the dead bodies and security recordings finding out how the whole thing went down.

Archived