Home

Crixler's Texmod... Mods.

Crixler

It's not an ideal solution, but it works.

I haven't modded in a long time. Before the dark times, before the- wait, no, just since Jedi Academy was fairly new. Anyway, there are a few skins in this game that annoy me to an extent, so I've decided to fix them.

First one I've finished is a shadow stormtrooper reskin, to make it more consistent with other sources.

TFUTexmod1.png

TFUTexmod2.png

you can also see my second project I'm working on, a replacement for the black saber crystal. I'm trying to switch it to be Mantle of the Force from KotOR, but so far it's not working too well... I got it partially fixed in the second pic, though.

I'm also going to fix the shadow evo trooper the same way I fixed the normal one, and I may also reskin the royal guards to look more like they did in Crimson Empire. Maybe a Boss or Omega Squad skin for the Commando, I don't really know yet.

Here's a download link in case anyone wants the new trooper:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IB2ZYZCZ

Looks fantastic,Crixler,you did a great job with this reskin,i did want to ask you does this replace all the shadowtroopers ingame or just this particular skin? i would like to have all the shadowtroopers replaced ingame if it was possible,here they look much more lethal than ingame.either way great job!

Yeah, it replaces all of them. Except the shadow evo troopers, I'm not done with them yet, but I'm getting there.

Slinky, does it actually not let the program run, or are you simply afraid to run it in case the warning is right? It should be safe, but most anti-virus programs detect a false positive because of the way it basically hijacks exe files and modifies the files they load, which is similar to what real threats often do. If it's actually preventing you from running it, I think there's a way to disable the warnings for individual programs, but I'm not sure how.

You don't put it in there, it can go pretty much anywhere else though. Well, it might work in there, but I've never tried that. Regardless, you use Texmod to use it.

You can download texmod here: http://www.tombraiderhub.com/tr7/modding/texmod/download/texmod.zip

And to run it, do this, only for TFU, rather than Guild Wars: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guide_to_modifying_in-game_graphics#Running_a_mod

And yeah, try the exceptions thing.

Great job ,i got it to work and the shadow trooper looks great in game!

Thanks!

I just thought it would be cool to be able to have blue lightning on palpatine, or you use red lightning, but then I guess it more like drain.

Nope just asking.

Ah, very well then.

I'm not sure when I'll get around to finishing the other TFU mods I've started, as I'm going to be fairly busy with school stuff for a while, and I've been in a more of a KotOR mood as well.

It works perfectly!:D

Unfortunately I don't think there is a way to re-compress the files...yet

even so this opens up the modding doors, alone with models there is textures, sounds, maps, costumes, weapons, animations, xml files that govern almost anything!

I even found a few easter eggs I think, there is a Jar Jar frozen in carbonite, a Nexu, Acklay, Reek, Krayt Dragon, Dianoga, Ewok. Were they working on them and then stopped?, are they in the game?, :confused:

Even so going threw the extracted files is like Christmas, thank you, thank you, thank you.

It works perfectly!:D

I even found a few easter eggs I think, there is a Jar Jar frozen in carbonite, a Nexu, Acklay, Reek, Krayt Dragon, Dianoga, Ewok. Were they working on them and then stopped?, are they in the game?, :confused:

Those were in... Stern's trophy room on Kashyyyk.

Archived