Home

fear of childhood indoctrination

kipperthefrog

you know how you you basically have to be 18 to see artistic nudity (except in museums).

I worry that it will indoctrinate kids against it to make them think its wrong and when they grow up they don't think about it critically and they overwhelm us free thinkers and pass laws against depictions of nudity.

Depends on who you mean by "we".

There are already many cultures that dictate norms, prohibit free speech, censor artistic expression, etc.

If you're talking about those of us in the U.S., our freedoms are guaranteed via the Bill of Rigths. The degree to which we allow others to limit or reverse those rights depends on us. If we sit on our butts and continue to let the Rapture Right try to hijack our government, then I would say that it's probably a matter of time. If we educate ourselves, vote, and otherwise actively participate in our government ("by the people, for the people" and so on) then I would say we'll probably be ok.

If you're talking about those of us in the U.S., our freedoms are guaranteed via the Bill of Rigths. The degree to which we allow others to limit or reverse those rights depends on us. If we sit on our butts and continue to let the Rapture Right try to hijack our government, then I would say that it's probably a matter of time. If we educate ourselves, vote, and otherwise actively participate in our government ("by the people, for the people" and so on) then I would say we'll probably be ok.

QFE/QFT, well said.

Archived