Home

Spiritual possession and daemonology

vanir

i saw no real distortion of reality, what i was saw was mostly hallucinogenic in nature, thing which could quite easily be products of the mind, hence why i am willing to concede that it is possible that i induced a hallucinogenic state in myself. on the same token however i will forever cautious with dabbling with such things. the fact that i saw metallic objects move around the room of their own accord not withstanding. it was all like one massive psychedelic trip, and no i wasnt on any mind altering substances at the time

Everyone is "full of it" (different religions, different beliefs) and until we finally get an answer to the "meaning of life" and reach true-enlightenment thus ending our ignorance we will continue to be as you say: "full of it". I'm no exception, being an Agnostic that's leaning towards Aethism makes me just as "full of it" for my perception of religion, as it would make me ignorant for being a total Aethiest and claiming that rejecting (or sheltering yourself from) religion or any spirituality is absolutely right and everything else is absolutely wrong. Although i've always thought those that forced their perceptions/opinions on others to be "full of it".

i saw no real distortion of reality,

I'm not inferring that they were; I've seen far more detail than mere gasoline fumes, though. Far more...

what i was saw was mostly hallucinogenic in nature, thing which could quite easily be products of the mind, hence why i am willing to concede that it is possible that i induced a hallucinogenic state in myself.

But that wouldn't make them any less real, would it? OK, I'll just put it all out there for people to draw their own conclusions. From what I've been able to gather, demons require human "approval" to have any influence over this universe (that includes Satan; read Genesis). In other words, they need a human mind and brain to act as a "transmitter" for their specific signal. The brain would, of course, require detailed instructions to carry this out, however. Please keep in mind that I am of the belief that the entire universe is just an extremely complex, broad-spectrum electromagnetic transmission/signal/musical symphony, or merely the figment/composition of an an infinitely complex imagination.

on the same token however i will forever cautious with dabbling with such things. the fact that i saw metallic objects move around the room of their own accord not withstanding. it was all like one massive psychedelic trip, and no i wasnt on any mind altering substances at the time

In the end, I don't think that it matters. Not to me, at least. I am, after all, the final determinant of my own personal reality. For all I know, all of you are no more than figments of my imagination. In my imagination, though, both God and Satan do exist. Therefore, they exist in my reality.

the fact that i saw metallic objects move around the room of their own accord not withstanding. it was all like one massive psychedelic trip, and no i wasnt on any mind altering substances at the time

Those metallic objects that you mentioned moda - were they spherical in nature?

And did they have some kind of luminosity coming from them?

Can you elaborate?

Now, if it existed, what would such a being look like? Would it have a body like ours? Probably not. Remember what it would most likely be composed of: electromagnetic energy with a wavelength longer than that of matter, like gamma, visible light or even radio. So, what form does that take? A self-similar continuous wave.

That's the best that I can do.

EDIT: Actually, it isn't, but I've dropped enough breadcrumbs.

I'm not so sure such a control by a disembodied entity is...feasible. Even if we do, to an extent act based upon forces external to us ans Nikola Tesla once theorized.

Still, astral projection or somesuch is being studied more and more as well as brain waves.

I always thought demons were that which we invented, like addictions, or personality flaws, or attitudes that are detrimental. Then again, the best trick the devil had was to convince you he didn't exist. :devsmoke:

it may manifest in the form of haunting memories that nag and tug beneath the surface.

As far as external beings...I don't really know what to make of that...I mean I suppose it is possible.

Background, for the record in case some of you didn't know: I'm one who does believe in something greater. I do call it/him/her God and I like what Christ stood for. However, some would say that I am contradicting myself if I only definitively believe in something higher--because though I presume, at the end of the day I also admit I may not know anything. Some Jewish influence, mostly though, raised unorthodox Christian; Spiritual but not religious. Martial arts is part of the regimen though in that, I confess I haven't done much of late.

Spiritual possession...something has you? going by asoutlined above: At some level you're okay with it--not to say you're happy by any stretch. Only if the shoe fits in which case that's even more difficult. If you want to get past it, you have to reject it on *all* levels. There can be no waver in your resolve, you must be absolute. Is this an easy thing? Not at all. Did I oversimplify it? Not at all. Just outlined the crux of it.

All this where there is correlation and in some cases causation. I'll clarify for anyone who needs it.

The primary thing is to define the terms. Is a demon a fallen angel or child of Lilith as the Gnostics and Christians claim? Could it be an entity which is merely alien enough that we cannot percieve of it?

As for detection and capture, this requires again definition. Another commented above that they had to obey the laws of physics, but that assumes we know them all. An alternate lifeform that lives off psychic energy has been suggested many times, but almost all of them assume it must take a physical form. As for capture, you would have to know what it is composed of, and find a way to block transmission on that level, like needing a solid barrel instead of a collander to pick up a gallon of water, or an air tight one to transport something in vacuum.

What do they want from us? Who knows. Perhaps the demons of Christian mythos exist, but if they do they have to have more reason to torment someone than merely because they can.

• 4 months later...
Can you elaborate?

That's the best that I can do.

EDIT: Actually, it isn't, but I've dropped enough breadcrumbs.

Okay, I guess that I haven't. I guess that I'm not finished.

I have already hypothesized earlier in this thread that the form that a demon would take in this universe would be that of a self-similar, continuous electromagnetic wave. So, what other things are self-similar? Well, Fractals are self-similar, in that they repeat the same pattern in an increasing/decreasing value to infinity. Fractal images themselves are merely the plotting of a fractal equation on a three-dimensional graph. The pattern repeats itself over and over with an infinitely increasing and decreasing value, creating the same pattern on the graph; infinitely increasing and decreasing in size. Just so you know, though; we're not talking simple 2-D wave patterns on an oscilloscope, here, but a complex, repeating 3-D pattern.

So, if the hypothesis that I have put forth in this thread is even remotely correct, then a demon in the form of a self-similar, continuous electromagnetic wave would most likely look something like this (image is potentially disturbing):

Hint: Treat it like one of those 3-D pics that were all over the mall in the 1990s. Find the red eyes, just below the center of the image, above the white grin, then unfocus:

eqv401.png

Cool, huh? If you can't see it, that's not my problem. If it starts to breathe and fill up the room and ****, that's not my problem, either, but if it does, then that means that you're concentrating on it and that your brain is reproducing the pattern in brainwaves. Since the human brain is the most complex transceiver in existence, well, guess what you're really doing?

And you didn't even need to sacrifice the neighbor's cat to do it. emo-emot-smug.gif

Tehehe. :devsmoke:

Archived