Home

Widescreen in Patched TSL...

ZimmMaster

It's definitely a scaling problem. I can't understand why the Nvidia drivers aren't letting your monitor do the scaling.

Try patching to 2560x1600 (don't forget the .ini). Other than the HUD, stuff will be small...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's definitely a scaling problem. I can't understand why the Nvidia drivers aren't letting your monitor do the scaling.
My read of things is that large monitors now mostly rely on the cards for scaling. Which certainly provides context for the problem.

Try patching to 2560x1600 (don't forget the .ini). Other than the HUD, stuff will be small...
Oh my. That's gonna take some getting used to :)

It works though!

My read of things is that large monitors now mostly rely on the cards for scaling. Which certainly provides context for the problem.

But your monitor is a 3007WFP-HC, right? It was Dell's top-of-the-line back then. It should have an excellent scaler. :confused:

Meaning = it should work. This is a driver problem; not a problem with your lovely monitor. Really.

Oh my. That's gonna take some getting used to :)

It works though!

Good. I knew the patcher was working, at least.

In-game objects are probably small, except for the HUD, which is, most likely, large and ugly.

But your monitor is a 3007WFP-HC, right? It was Dell's top-of-the-line back then. It should have an excellent scaler. :confused:

Meaning = it should work. This is a driver problem; not a problem with your lovely monitor. Really.

Yeah, that's still me.

Device manager sees it as a Generic PnP monitor, which would make sense as the Dell site has absolutely nothing useful for it for Win7. On a lark, I dug out the disc that came with it and ran the x64 install. No difference, so I pulled it off again.

Good. I knew the patcher was working, at least.

In-game objects are probably small, except for the HUD, which is, most likely, large and ugly.

I'm used to large and ugly from running the 1280x768 res on my old card. The disproportion between object and font is almost comical though. :)

Update: So I ran the patch again but this time I went into the .ini file and I disabled fullscreen in both areas.

Interestingly, the game runs with the new resolutions. Unfortunately it does so in windowed mode (thought the window is the size of my display with the taskbar set to auto-hide). The GUI is off kilter a bit so you have to click low.

All-in-all, the difference between 1680x1050 and 1280x768 is not such that I'm willing tackle that learning curve, but I thought I would post this for others that are.

Something just came to mind regarding your mondo monitor. Are you using a dual-link DVI cable? Check the connectors on the cable and make sure that it's got a single group of 24 pins and not 2 groups of 9.

Probably a dumb question, but you might be using a different cable with your new video card and I just wanted to be sure that it wasn't the cause of your problem, however unlikely that may be.

Also, since you're playing TSL again, are you going to give TSLRCM a try?

Are you using a dual-link DVI cable? Check the connectors on the cable and make sure that it's got a single group of 24 pins and not 2 groups of 9.
Yep, the cable is marked dual-link and I disconnected the cable to count the pins.

Probably a dumb question, but you might be using a different cable with your new video card and I just wanted to be sure that it wasn't the cause of your problem, however unlikely that may be.
Heh, I hadn't thought about it but I've been using the same cable since I bought it.

Also, since you're playing TSL again, are you going to give TSLRCM a try?
*shrugs* Most of the time, if I download someone else's stuff, I end up spending a whole lot of time tweaking it for my tastes. TSLRCM seems like a lot of content and I'm inclined to say "no" just because I don't want to create a whole bunch of work for myself (if nothing else, I'm sure I'd have to adjust a bunch of stuff just to make it compatible) :)

Oh, just wondering if you'd tried it yet, because it's definitely worth a playthrough if you haven't.

It pretty much restores everything that TSLRP was going to restore; minus the Genoharadan, because there really wasn't enough of that quest to work with.

I have followed all the instructions in the post and my game simply doesn't go to the new resolution. I run the patcher which says it works and in the .ini file I changed the resolution on both of them, but the game just keeps running in 800-600. I am trying to patch to 1680 by 1050. I am using windows 7 86 bit

• 2 weeks later...
I have followed all the instructions in the post and my game simply doesn't go to the new resolution. I run the patcher which says it works and in the .ini file I changed the resolution on both of them, but the game just keeps running in 800-600. I am trying to patch to 1680 by 1050. I am using windows 7 86 bit

I'm having this same issue except mines 64 bit. I tried patching to another resolution but it didn't work either. I've followed all the instructions step by step and tried it again with a fresh install. It just doesn't want to work for some reason.

Is the patcher supposed to take some time? As soon as I hit patch it instantly comes up saying it's been patched to 1680x1050. Doesn't seem like it did anything.

The way to tell is if the patcher is spitting out a swkotor2.bak file when you run it.

It's giving me that file so the patcher must be working. I must be doing something wrong, can't figure out what though.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got another question about this. Is it typical for the mouse to no longer align correctly with buttons? The top right menu is unclickable, and any other buttons I have to have the mouse in completely different places in order to click them. Is there any way to fix this?

• 1 year later...

Hello there people. I hope you guys get this message considering this is about one year on lol!

I've been searching around for a widescreen fix for SWKOTOR II and I came across this thread, but unfortunately the link for the patcher was dead. But that's not a problem as I downloaded it from another source :)

Why I'm actually posting on this is thus: I have noticed that the .exe file of SWKOTOR2 in the folder with the patcher is only 4472KB, but my original file (v1b) is 13480KB. Naturally this concerns me a bit so do you know if this patch was meant for v1b? And if it was then is it ok that I have lost about 9MB from the .exe file?

EDIT: I seem to be encountering a blank screen when I partake in a Swoop Race. Has this happened to anyone else? And does anyone know a fix please? :)

EDIT 2: I have just found out that there is a mod called The Sith Lords Restored Content. Does anyone know if this mod uses 100% official content? I.e. The layout of rooms is what was intended originally by Obsidian etc? (And other base level details such as that).

Archived