Home

Widescreen in Patched TSL...

ZimmMaster

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After endorsing this mod for years, I've come to same conclusion.

I don't use it anymore, nor do I recommend it.

Is that the restoration mod you speak of?

And I'm still having a spot of bother in getting the latest version to work in widescreen :S I've been using the 4mb exe file but I think it's an older version because when I start a swoop race my swoop bike hovers in the air :S Apparently that was a bug in an older version.

If someone has the codes for the Sq1zZy Universal Patcher for SWKOTOR II I could give that a go?

I'm talking about the widescreen mod for TSL.

It requires a cracked .exe, and there are none that have been properly patched to 1.0b, so it doesn't have any of the fixes that the patched .exe does, including the swoop racing fixes.

I'm pretty sure that's what I just said, unless you don't consider swoop racing critical. There are other important fixes in there as well. Besides, TSLRCM requires 1.0b, and I definitely consider that critical.

By the way, TSL supports 1280x768 natively. All you have to do is change the values in the .ini file as discussed previously in this thread, then let either your GPU or monitor scale it up from there.

• 1 month later...

Sorry about the DP, but I've just figured out that UniWS will successfully patch the fixed .exe for the Collection DVD version of KotOR 2. Unlike the Carbon version, this .exe seems to be fully patched with all of the fixes of the 1.0b update, and I can confirm that it works with a patched install from the original CDs, so it's very likely to work with the Collection DVD version as well. You'll still have to edit the .ini file and put the appropriate HUD file in the override.

Note that the Squizzy patcher won't work on this particular .exe at all.

Sorry about the DP, but I've just figured out that UniWS will successfully patch the fixed .exe for the Collection DVD version of KotOR 2. Unlike the Carbon version, this .exe seems to be fully patched with all of the fixes of the 1.0b update, and I can confirm that it works with a patched install from the original CDs, so it's very likely to work with the Collection DVD version as well. You'll still have to edit the .ini file and put the appropriate HUD file in the override.

Note that the Squizzy patcher won't work on this particular .exe at all.

So sorry I've been out of touch with the community her. Real life interferes a lot sometimes. Anyway, I don't currently have TSL installed due to many problems with my comp that's been a real headache for the past couple months. But when I do, I now use the UniWS? Not the Squizzy one?

That's right.

Do everything exactly as before, only with this file use UniWS to patch it instead of the Squizzy patcher.

EDIT: After more testing, I can now confirm that this new .exe will run on an Intel GPU!

EDIT #2: This new .exe should probably NOT be run in XP SP2 compatibility mode.

Weirdly it wont let me run it without a DVD drive (either real or virtual). Not a huge deal but would like it to work without. Also, unless i launch the game from the actual icon first, the shortcut in my start menu wont work.

Archived