Home

New Planet: Dromund Kaas

Alexrd

I pick this topic, it has all the nice pretty pics.

I like how Dromund Kaas looks. It's about time the Empire got a nice pretty planet. All they've had so far is dusty dirty old Korriban and slimy mucky Nal Hutta. I'll be playing Republic, but Dromund Kaas is still impressive. The mix of forest and city makes me think of Alderaan, though with a hint of Coruscant. I see this as being the central world for the political side of the Empire, contrasting Korriban being the central world for the mystical side of the Empire.

Oh and I like the interior shot in the second pic. Nice contrast between cleanly lit interiors and the rain outside. Reminds me of real life shots of buildings during a rainstorm.

To be fair, very few video games specifically show bathrooms. I could count the number of games with bathrooms on two hands tops. A few SW cross-sections have references to "refreshers", the SW word for bathrooms.

Are you objecting to bars? This is the Empire capital, where the regular guys would hang out. The Sith might be busy with their Dark Side Voodoo, but the regular people just like to go to skin bars sometimes and drink a few with their friends. Not that I'd expect TOR to actually get that explicit. :p

Beautiful pictures, but 2 complaints:

1) Having horrific flashbacks to the capital city in the first World of Warcraft expansion

2) The 4th pic looks straight out of WoW

Other than that, awesome sith world

I don't get how you think Dromund Kaas looks like Shattrath. Shattrath was a shoddily constructed shanty town in a hole in the ground. Dromund Kaas has lots of trees and high technology and no holes in the ground. Surely you're not labeling it as a Shattrath just because it looks kinda dark and rainy?

Looks pretty cool. That place was really cool and creepy in Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith.

Speaking of Jedi Knight, you know what planet I'd like to see? Ruusan. Although this is two and a half millennia before the New Sith Wars, so there probably aren't a lot of things that are of interest on this world at this time. No Valley of the Jedi or anything like that. But there exist Force crystals from this planet in KOTOR, so surely there has to be something Force-y about it, even before the big battle.

Archived