Home

Heavy Rain

Meowster

I enjoyed Fahrenheit (Which was developed by the same people who made Heavy Rain.) and if I had an extra 400 dollars lying around somewhere, I would be at the shops right now. Purchasing a Playstation 3, along with a copy of Heavy Rain.

I hate exclusivity.

I enjoyed Fahrenheit (Which was developed by the same people who made Heavy Rain.) and if I had an extra 400 dollars lying around somewhere, I would be at the shops right now. Purchasing a Playstation 3, along with a copy of Heavy Rain.

I hate exclusivity.

Don't buy a ps3 and then realise u want mass effect 2 then :S

Don't buy a ps3 and then realise u want mass effect 2 then :S

I never bought Mass Effect 2 for the Xbox 360, so I don't know where you got that idea from.

And not trying to be a fan-boy, but I think I prefer Heavy Rain over Deadly Premonition. And please don't take this statement seriously. I'm just judging on what I've heard, not from what I've played. (And I haven't played either of these two games.)

Haven't been able to buy this game yet, so I took the time to watch some live streams. And really.. it's nowhere near as bad as that Destructoid article makes it out to be. The only real faults that I can tell (from what I've seen in streams) is that it starts out slow and that the majority of the voice acting is sub-par. (This comes from the fact that the studio that made the game decided to reuse their French actors. Some of them pull it off very well, like Scott Shelby or Madison Page. But the kids sound downright horrendous.) The game has very intense things that go on, as Ethan has to go through different 'trials' to prove his love for his son:

one of these includes cutting off his finger in under five minutes, another is crawling through a tunnel of glass, etc.

One of the things that impresses me that most is that there are 17 different endings for the game. All of them completely different. In other news, PS3s are only about 340 now. Still a lot, but hey, if anyone wants one the price dropped quite a bit.

Haven't been able to buy this game yet, so I took the time to watch some live streams. And really.. it's nowhere near as bad as that Destructoid article makes it out to be. The only real faults that I can tell (from what I've seen in streams) is that it starts out slow and that the majority of the voice acting is sub-par. (This comes from the fact that the studio that made the game decided to reuse their French actors. Some of them pull it off very well, like Scott Shelby or Madison Page. But the kids sound downright horrendous.) The game has very intense things that go on, as Ethan has to go through different 'trials' to prove his love for his son:

one of these includes cutting off his finger in under five minutes, another is crawling through a tunnel of glass, etc.

One of the things that impresses me that most is that there are 17 different endings for the game. All of them completely different. In other news, PS3s are only about 340 now. Still a lot, but hey, if anyone wants one the price dropped quite a bit.

I think the main thing that people are complaining about when it comes to Heavy Rain are the "plot holes" in the story. Without getting into too much detail and spoiling things there are some parts of the game where it seems like some parts of the puzzle are missing intentionally, but the whole picture is still clear. As far as the voice acting goes some characters are voiced well and some are horrid; the kids are indeed horrid.

Oh and that bit about 17 different endings is a little misleading. The "endings" are epilogue chapters and there are 17 different epilogue chapters. However, you have multiple epilogues unlock at the end of the game. In other words at the conclusion to your play-through you may see 4 of those 17 and if you play the game again but differently you might have 3 of those 17 and some might cross-over.

@Rake... there's a bone going up your avvies backside, what's happening there :p

Hehe, your one of the few to actually note that it is in fact a bone. It's an inside joke that one of my friends added to a cartoonish figure of me ;).

I ended up reloading 5-6 chapters back and finished the game, the experience was all around enjoyable, minus the save glitch. I must say, however, I would've liked more of an explanation at the end, maybe it's just because of my specific ending.

Archived