Home

Custom titles

When do you think members should get access to custom titles?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. When do you think members should get access to custom titles?

• Keep it at 1000 posts like it is now.
    • After making # number of posts. (less than 1000)
    • After having been registered for a certain number of days.
    • Registration date + post count combination.
    • Let everyone set their custom title right away.
    • Remove custom titles entirely.

There's really no point to require 1000 posts for someone to have a custom title. If anything it just encourages frivolous spammy posts. In addition having 1000 posts doesn't differentiate whether or not someone will have an asinine custom title, look around you. The requirement is really a throwback to the way things were a long time ago, how long have the store and RPG system been gone, 6 years? At the very least there won't be a weekly "How come I can't change my title" thread.

The entire custom title sequence back in the original forums made more sense, you kind of upgraded your rank the more you posted, until you eventually got to 1000 posts to set your own. And at 1250, coolest of the cool, you got yourself a glowing name of a colour of your choice. That was awesome.

Lucasforums pretty much lost its raison d'etre when it upgraded and left behind all that awesome stuff to become yet another forum with yet another fanbase.

Personally, I don't mind the current scheme. Way i see it for me: itll be great when i get it. Not "zOMG! i want custom titles!!!!1!1!!11 *post post post*".

Lowering the count for custom titles would be lame, imo. If anything, more cool stuff should be added for the people who have post counts in the multiple thousands.

Also, what is this RPG? (full details please).

And LF had a store?

At the very least there won't be a weekly "How come I can't change my title" thread.

Stick it in the rules. If its already there, make it ultra blatant. So when the threads come, mods can just link to the rules and shut them down.

And LF had a store?

It was an online RPG, or something of a semblance of one. You got points with which you purchased weapons, armour and stuff and fought creatures for XP, the usual stuff. You could also do PvP with other forum members and trade inventories etc. etc.

At the very least there won't be a weekly "How come I can't change my title" thread.
Aren't you exaggerating just a little? Honestly I don't really care whether or not there is a post count to reach or not, but changing it just because someone starts a thread about it every so often seems stupid.

Meh whatever. It gave me something to at least reach for. So that I'm part of this LF community too.

Personally, I don't mind the current scheme. Way i see it for me: itll be great when i get it. Not "zOMG! i want custom titles!!!!1!1!!11 *post post post*".

Lowering the count for custom titles would be lame, imo. If anything, more cool stuff should be added for the people who have post counts in the multiple thousands.

Like what though? It's a free forum. This sorta stuff costs money I thought?

And LF had a store?

While a 2-d fighter/RPG might be a welcome addition...a store? For selling what?

I mean if we had some kind of internet prize giveaway... ok. For example if I had a YT channel and episodes of a GTASWcity show, I might voluntarily do something to that end...but...a store?

I guess I don't follow...

Stick it in the rules. If its already there, make it ultra blatant. So when the threads come, mods can just link to the rules and shut them down.
LF STAFF PWN nooooooobz!

It was an online RPG, or something of a semblance of one. You got points with which you purchased weapons, armour and stuff and fought creatures for XP, the usual stuff. You could also do PvP with other forum members and trade inventories etc. etc.

Yeah that might work. :parrot:

Aren't you exaggerating just a little? Honestly I don't really care whether or not there is a post count to reach or not, but changing it just because someone starts a thread about it every so often seems stupid.

Inflation is a good thing. :kamina:

Meh whatever. It gave me something to at least reach for. So that I'm part of this LF community too.

Again, a post number is not an accomplishment.

While a 2-d fighter/RPG might be a welcome addition...a store? For selling what?

Back in the older days of the internet, hosting of pictures wasn't as easy as it is now, so you bought the privilege to host "a" picture on the forums for so many points. There were other things too, I don't remember.

That actually sounds great! Why did they ever remove it?

No, i mean stuff like custom title, colored titles, etc. These things would only take a few clicks for an admin to do. Nothing to do with money.

• 2 weeks later...

TBH I think the 1000 post = custom title thing really only matters to those who are nearly at 1000 or somewhere in the median. I've noticed that people with a total of 1000 (or more) and/or 500 or less don't seem too concerned about it. To be perfectly honest it doesn't really bother me that I need about 500+ posts to go since I really only come here for the Star Wars discussions and I don't post enough elsewhere on here to be too worried. IMHO it may just be an outlet for spam threads/posts :(

• 1 month later...

Why keep some thing that has no real point to it! Most members in this thread that protest to keep the 1000 mark are already over 1000, or just about to hit it, so it wouldn't matter much to them. But what about other members here? I have seen some that have less than 1000 posts and have been here for several years!

Pros and Cons of keeping old 1000 ways

Pros:

*A feel of accomplishment (big deal,imo)

Cons:

*It is only worth a "Yay, I made it to 1000"

*The system can cause unwanted spamming

*Wasted space from new members creating multiple threads asking about how to change it

Pros and Cons of allowing freedom to change it

Pros:

*No more spamming to get to 1000 (isn't the Community Forum Games a result of such a thing?)

*Every one can have freedom and a feel for independence for themselves

*Saves space by preventing creation of threads by new members on how to change it

Cons:

Some forum veterans will have to say good bye to an old tradition

Once again if it has no real use then why keep it? Plus how many more people and threads similar to this one will it take before it does change.

Not all change is bad!

As a compromise from the results of this poll and the one in the staff forum the requirement to be able to set a custom title has been changed to 500 posts and 6 months since registration.

For now. :¬:

(Mildly curious that the staff poll was more in favor of lowering or removing the requirement than the member poll was...)

As a compromise from the results of this poll and the one in the staff forum the requirement to be able to set a custom title has been changed to 500 posts and 6 months since registration.

For now. :¬:

(Mildly curious that the staff poll was more in favor of lowering or removing the requirement than the member poll was...)

wat.

meh.

Archived