Home

Suggestions I have...

JamesCrow

Hi! This is the first time I will post here with this name...I used to be around massassi.net and here as PerfectJamie...maybe some of u remember me :) I know there is a new forum that you guys prefer me using, but it seems to be in read only mode still and I wanted to make a few suggestions for 1.3, I plan to repost this on the new forum once its up.

First I want to say that I love the holster system...it really adds a level of realism to the game. Well I was just playing a game of coop...by myself cause nobody ever seems to be online and I found it annoying that I had a huge blaster on my back that I picked up from a stormtrooper I killed while I try to duel a dark jedi. What if u add a "pick up weapon" function? Such as just pushing the use button while standing ontop of a weapon, maybe even an pick up animation.

Second, kind of following up with the pickup weapon idea...I think it will be more realistic if each player has a restricted inventory. In real life...even in the star wars universe I'm sure people dont run around with a lightsaber, two blasters, a clone rilfe, and a rocket launcher. What if we limit players to having two pistols/sabers (each leg) a big weapon (on the back...I think a light staff would go in here) and a few smaller items like thermal detonators.

Third. I think it will add a level of realism if you allowed player to wall hug. I think gunners would benefit from this...and even saber users might find this fun...kind of adds a stealth aspect to at least the coop levels (the first part of hoth 2) I think it will be cool if gunners can wall hug and shoot around corners aswell.

what do u guys think?

Yeah I'm not sure whats going on with the new forums or teh primary team right now but I wil put my 2 cents in here.

The first idea: Not sure about that. If they did that they might have to use a button that is already assigned have it double at a pickup button. We're running out of buttons to use as it is.

Second idea: I like the spirit of this idea (reminds me of Crysis), but I'm not sure how doable it will be for balance sake. For a gunner to take down a Jedi it usually takes vast amounts of skill with one weapon or average skills with several. Most beginning plays find they stand a chance if they use multiple weapons and items a certain way against a Jedi, but often they run out of ammo and need all the help from multipe weapons they can get. If it was retooled for balance sake, then maybe, but that will be rather difficult. The second you let a gunner have a saber with out a major tradeoff, it destroys any chance of a Gunner only person being balanced against the others.

Third idea: That would be cool if we had it just for the sake of having it, but I can't see how it would add much given how JKA is set up. If there was better stealth shadowing in the game I would be all for it, but thats alot of coding and animation to add for something that is not that useful...at themoment, I'm not even sure who is still around for coding and animation :/ I'm becoming out of touch with the team :'(

OJP team - Might be a good idea to make an announcement about using this forum for now until the other one is back up. I can make it if needed. I think I still have admin here.

I'm the animator and I'm still around.

I'm impartial to these ideas. If they are further discussed with the team and approved then that's cool. Wall hugging might be a neat feature, but how useful would it really be? All someone has to do is sidestep back and forth around a corner. If someone was 'stuck' to the wall and had to move quickly what would happen?

Archived