Home

Mandalorian Wars Media

Ghost

If you wanted some media to relate to the Mandalore Wars, what would it be?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. If you wanted some media to relate to the Mandalore Wars, what would it be?

• Movie Trilogy
    • TV Series
    • Game/Game Series
    • Mod for existing games

I was thinking. Only comics have referred to the Mandalorian Wars, but I think there should be more to it. Here you can discuss what could or should happen related to the Mandalorian Wars Produce.

I added a poll to apply to your thoughts. If you want to post, feel free. Oh, and if you choose a game/game series, It would be good to specify on what type and what developers you would like to have create it. Say, a strategy game like EAW or 1st Person shooter like RC. Personally, if anything comes out game related to the Kotor Era, I think Obsidian would do well. Because they have talent for making dark products. TSL compared to K1, for example, had a much darker storyline. I like stuff like that.

Personally, I think it would fill a gaping hole and many questions on what did happen out there, and what did happen to Revan and his army. I would prefer a TV series compared to a movie trilogy, but then again Movies get better spec. effects.

Also, for games, I think it would give the player a good perspective on what happened, and maybe answer some questions made by TSL. No, I don't think this could be a Kotor III, unless LA wanted to make a Prequel to that :p

Game series. Probably an RPG style with options for what character or type of character you'd want to play as (ie Revan, Mandalorian, Republic Fleet, etc...). No strong feelings about who does it as long as it's/they're good.

I think I'd be up for an RPG style game where you can play a soldier, start out freelance, and get to choose the Republic or Sith Empire, and slowly rise the Military ranks; maybe ending up as a Marine/Special Forces type. That or EaW type game in the KotOR era would be pretty awesome.

Game: FPS that would be great and if Bungie could do it that would be amazing

FPS fine, Bungie... No! There aren't alot of good FPS and if anyone was going to do it Valve Corporation (who did Half Life) would be the best choice, that or Infinity Ward who did the Call of Duty series.

Assuming this was going to be produced by LA, a mod would make no sense as it's not financially viable (and LA are about teh moneys now). And I don't think a movie/TV series would work either, as there's probably not enough interest in such a venture.

So, that would leave a game series. An RTS, as jon suggested, would work well, as would an RPG - a Republic Commando style FPS might be good (so long as they can find a decent developer for it, and not one of the massive, overhyped studios that are currently in the market, or better yet, keep it in house like they did with RC).

So yeah, I'd like to see a game series if there was to be any further media related to the Mandalorian Wars.

hmm, maybe something like Battlefront? Because Battlefront it was kinda mixed with RTS and and RPG. Play both sides, play different classes, use vehicles and you can command your forces around. Also, the space battles in BFII were greatly made, so that would suit it if the game was made. Like the Battle at Serroco. I kinda would prefer that as the game, because I felt the BF series really touched up on the clones, so I think if there was a Mandalorian Wars game like SWBFII style, that would be great. Play both sides of the war.

Although, an RTS would be great, but then again you can just make a mod which simulates the Mando wars for EAW. So I think that a BFII style game would kill. Of course, a Call of Duty/RC style wouldn't be bad either. Add a spec unit force to the republic, and lead em though the Mando Wars. Of course, I still think a BFII style game would really rock

FPS fine, Bungie... No! There aren't alot of good FPS and if anyone was going to do it Valve Corporation (who did Half Life) would be the best choice, that or Infinity Ward who did the Call of Duty series.

If they did go FPS, I'd tend to agree with you. I don't think it should be an FPS along the lines of DF (which was/is a fun game in its own right).

Archived